Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How is Trump going to handle the immigration issue come election time?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

California already has immigration policies in place to make it a Mexican dominated state, where Mexicans are set to become the majority. Allowing Mexico to annex it would only be a natural progression of events.

You should sponsor this idea publicly. Build a constituency. This has legs for an “ideas guy” and policy maven such as yourself.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The people aren't as dumb as you think they are and you're not a smart as you think you are Coug. It all balances out.

How smart do you think I think I am?

I thought mind reading was off limits here.

It has been said that good indicators of intelligence are the ability to listen and compromise and to be reasonable; and the humility to know you don't know everything, to ask questions and to admit when you have got it wrong or learned something.

If the person who said that was right, it doesn't bode too well for you; although I have a fighter's chance.
    As I've already told you, I don't need to read your mind in order to know that you think you're much brighter than you really are.
    As I've already responded, yes you do. Otherwise you're just grabbing your dick and whistling in the wind. I could say the very same thing about you, except that it's a stupid charge, so I don't.

Or do you think that you don't come off as a pedantic prick?
    Dude, all I need to do is read your overly wordy responses to know you're a guy who loves the sound of his own voice and you think you're smarter than you really are.
    Dude, no, it's not all you need to do. You profess to know how smart I think I am. So you're a mind reader.

Again, I could say the same exact thing about you.

All I need to do is watch how you occupy the Tug everyday, lining up baited thread after baited thread, all day every day, and arguing to 20th page and beyond if necessary to get the last word and demonstrate how much more you know than all but a few of your supporting cast and how masterful you are at debating and exposing all these idiot liberals.

That, and your constant need to be right and your apparent incapacity to see your own bias in every angle you take, is all I need to know that you think you're much brighter than you actually are.
    The thing is, I'm not that bright. I'm just smarter than you. You exposed yourself with your "the Christian right might do something!!!!" Don't feel bad, you're smarter than Hondo, El Monte, Owl and Flea. You're just not as bright as you think you are.
    Not a very good response mind reader. How exactly did that "expose" my intelligence? We've been through this. Anti-American muslim women and transgender athletes and Gaia worshiping hippies don't interfere in my life at all. But if I wanted an abortion in Alabama or Georgia at this very point in history, my style has now been severely cramped. Abortion is about as in personam as it gets. While you're worried about people not loving America sufficiently, I'm worried about the Bible belt denying people the right to manage themselves as they see fit. Pretty fucking intrusive from where I sit.

Maybe this is your exposure and you're just confused?
    But, but the Christian right might do something!!!!!!
    I see that you've chosen to yield. I guess I'll take that one comment back in light of your commitment to personal improvement.

Transgender Athletes man!!
    Yes, I've "yielded" to the fact that you intentionally limit my examples of the Religious Left impacting my life in ways far greater then your inability to get an abortion in Georgia because you're a dishonest hack who isn't as bright as you feel you are.
    I thought we weren't supposed to emote. Are you emoting now?

My rhetoric is no more rhetorical than your rhetoric my pedantic prince.

You would never take selective liberty with my comments for rhetorical purposes eh? Christians might do something! That my example directly conflicts with your picture of quite Christians worshiping in peace and minding their own business is just what it is. Facts, not feelings. Christians did do something, and are hard at work to do more. In personam juristiction. Up close and personal. Some goofy muslim broad in Minnesota doesn't interfere in my life at all.

State mandated counseling. Shocking that you'd support this.
    Yes, yes because only Christians oppose abortion.
    You seriously doubt that those who think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances are overwhelmingly Christian?
    Try to think of another great religion that is tossing gays off of buildings and thinks women are property and see if you can imagine
    I know you don't actually care to debate this, but what you laid out is nearly true for predominantly Christian Uganda.

They passed a law in 2013 - overturned on a technicality at the Supreme Court - to be able to apply the death penalty for LGBT individuals. Now it's only life in prison. A list of the top 100 most prominent gay people to be executed was published by a tabloid, and one of them was subsequently beaten to death with a hammer. A bunch of US "Christian" pastors have been supporting these laws both vocally and behind the scenes, and lawmakers told everyone the law was a "Christmas present" to the country.

There are some weird laws pertaining to women, including the fact that they can't really own property which makes them more like second class citizens.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    No theocracy. No secular theocracy. America as it was intended to be, the constitutional republic that was created by the founders, where illegal aliens have no rights, except the right to be swiftly deported at the expense of their own country.
  • Options

No theocracy. No secular theocracy. America as it was intended to be, the constitutional republic that was created by the founders, where illegal aliens have no rights, except the right to be swiftly deported at the expense of their own country.

I think we can all agree that trump has failed miserably at recognizing and implementing policies to reflect these facts.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The state of Alabama (as well as every other state) should have the right to decide its own trajectory on social issues, not 9 un-elected, black robed individuals in DC. If you live in Alabama and want to get an abortion, I'm sure there are plenty of back alleys, or travel to another state that allows it, like Virginia, a state with a democrat governor that supports killing babies post birth. Otherwise, use a condom, take the pill, or just don't have sex if you don't want babies. Don't like it, you're free to move.

They should up to the point of federal constitutional limits. As in, we decided they? weren't free to enslave people even if they felt like doing it.

If you mean that we should disregard the constitution and the people charged with applying it, and disband the union, then that should be another thread.
    @CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.
    If you are whining again about California sanctuary state laws, they have been approved by district and appeal courts (with noted funding repercussions based on administration funding policies). Trumptards need to head to the border and the jails on their own dime if they want to enforce the unenforceable white nationalist immigration laws. You’ll get no help from CA taxpayers or law enforcement. It’s called federalism. It’s all legal.

I support the original principles of the US constitution. If this is not workable, then that’s the subject of another thread as creepy said.
    “White nationalists immigration laws.” What a clown. Have you asked a single Asian immigrant their opinion on this subject? Of course not. You’d have to know one to do that.
  • Options

The state of Alabama (as well as every other state) should have the right to decide its own trajectory on social issues, not 9 un-elected, black robed individuals in DC. If you live in Alabama and want to get an abortion, I'm sure there are plenty of back alleys, or travel to another state that allows it, like Virginia, a state with a democrat governor that supports killing babies post birth. Otherwise, use a condom, take the pill, or just don't have sex if you don't want babies. Don't like it, you're free to move.

They should up to the point of federal constitutional limits. As in, we decided they? weren't free to enslave people even if they felt like doing it.

If you mean that we should disregard the constitution and the people charged with applying it, and disband the union, then that should be another thread.
    @CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.
    If you are whining again about California sanctuary state laws, they have been approved by district and appeal courts (with noted funding repercussions based on administration funding policies). Trumptards need to head to the border and the jails on their own dime if they want to enforce the unenforceable white nationalist immigration laws. You’ll get no help from CA taxpayers or law enforcement. It’s called federalism. It’s all legal.

I support the original principles of the US constitution. If this is not workable, then that’s the subject of another thread as creepy said.
    “White nationalists immigration laws.” What a clown. Have you asked a single Asian immigrant their opinion on this subject? Of course not. You’d have to know one to do that.
    TurdbufferFS knows Asians who think that the unenforceable white nationalist immigration laws can be enforced. CSB.
  • Options

@CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.

TurdbufferFS knows Asians who think that the unenforceable white nationalist immigration laws can be enforced. CSB.
    LowIQCirrho obviously doesn’t know many Asians. Or Jews. Or Blacks.
  • Options

@CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.

Do they have strong feelings about this issue like you?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,141
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.

Yeah not many show up at his Klan meetings
  • Options

@CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.

He can’t attend them anymore. Even they told him to LEAVE.
  • Options

@CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.

TurdbufferFS tried to make joke!

Hate to break it you but even your white trash friends think you’re an idiot.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Woof said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The people aren't as dumb as you think they are and you're not a smart as you think you are Coug. It all balances out.

It has been said that good indicators of intelligence are the ability to listen and compromise and to be reasonable; and the humility to know you don't know everything, to ask questions and to admit when you have got it wrong or learned something.

If the person who said that was right, it doesn't bode too well for you; although I have a fighter's chance.
    As I've already told you, I don't need to read your mind in order to know that you think you're much brighter than you really are.
    As I've already responded, yes you do. Otherwise you're just grabbing your dick and whistling in the wind. I could say the very same thing about you, except that it's a stupid charge, so I don't.

Dude, all I need to do is read your overly wordy responses to know you're a guy who loves the sound of his own voice and you think you're smarter than you really are.
    Dude, no, it's not all you need to do. You profess to know how smart I think I am. So you're a mind reader.

All I need to do is watch how you occupy the Tug everyday, lining up baited thread after baited thread, all day every day, and arguing to 20th page and beyond if necessary to get the last word and demonstrate how much more you know than all but a few of your supporting cast and how masterful you are at debating and exposing all these idiot liberals.

That, and your constant need to be right and your apparent incapacity to see your own bias in every angle you take, is all I need to know that you think you're much brighter than you actually are.
    The thing is, I'm not that bright. I'm just smarter than you. You exposed yourself with your "the Christian right might do something!!!!" Don't feel bad, you're smarter than Hondo, El Monte, Owl and Flea. You're just not as bright as you think you are.
    Not a very good response mind reader. How exactly did that "expose" my intelligence? We've been through this. Anti-American muslim women and transgender athletes and Gaia worshiping hippies don't interfere in my life at all. But if I wanted an abortion in Alabama or Georgia at this very point in history, my style has now been severely cramped. Abortion is about as in personam as it gets. While you're worried about people not loving America sufficiently, I'm worried about the Bible belt denying people the right to manage themselves as they see fit. Pretty fucking intrusive from where I sit.

I see that you've chosen to yield. I guess I'll take that one comment back in light of your commitment to personal improvement.

Yes, I've "yielded" to the fact that you intentionally limit my examples of the Religious Left impacting my life in ways far greater then your inability to get an abortion in Georgia because you're a dishonest hack who isn't as bright as you feel you are.

You would never take selective liberty with my comments for rhetorical purposes eh? Christians might do something! That my example directly conflicts with your picture of quite Christians worshiping in peace and minding their own business is just what it is. Facts, not feelings. Christians did do something, and are hard at work to do more. In personam juristiction. Up close and personal. Some goofy muslim broad in Minnesota doesn't interfere in my life at all.

You seriously doubt that those who think abortion should be illegal in all circumstances are overwhelmingly Christian?
    Try to think of another great religion that is tossing gays off of buildings and thinks women are property and see if you can imagine
    I know you don't actually care to debate this, but what you laid out is nearly true for predominantly Christian Uganda.

They passed a law in 2013 - overturned on a technicality at the Supreme Court - to be able to apply the death penalty for LGBT individuals. Now it's only life in prison. A list of the top 100 most prominent gay people to be executed was published by a tabloid, and one of them was subsequently beaten to death with a hammer. A bunch of US "Christian" pastors have been supporting these laws both vocally and behind the scenes, and lawmakers told everyone the law was a "Christmas present" to the country.

There are some weird laws pertaining to women, including the fact that they can't really own property which makes them more like second class citizens.
    We're well aware of the Ugandan Christians here

They are on the watch list
    We?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,633
  • Options

@CirrhosisDawg
    I agree with creepy.

TurdbufferFS tried to make joke!

Hate to break it you but even your white trash friends think you’re an idiot.
    You’d have to point out White Trash to me. I’ve never seen it.

You? White Trash Superiority Guy. And proud of it.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

Doubt it...you have the other side wanting to decriminalizing all illegal immigration and offering to give all illegal immigrants free health care. Hell, you had a chunk of them cross the boarder and campaign with the illegals.

Trump will win that argument easy...

Yep. The DNC has shown themselves once again to not be very skilled at the winning an election part. For the moderator to tee' up the "raise your hand" question on immigration and health care was campaign suicide.
    CNN has now obliged, there will be no more questions like that asked during the debate. The MSM is now going to help the Rats hide their positions on issues.

Btw, why do you blame the moderator? Shouldn't the candidates be blamed for how they answered?
    Yes. They're all to blame.

The moderator who asked those questions - the guy who asked a few questions in Spanish - I assume was hand picked as part of some hackneyed attempt at appearing ethnic and inclusive. Ok, fair enough. At least there's some strategy. But then he asks a question that is going to alienate the political center. Stupid.

They don't need to ask that question. What are the people sympathetic to that view going to do? Vote for Trump?

If the guy was actually representative of the Cuban community and it was in fact an attempt to cull the dummies and ID who will support paying for such a program, then I applaud them for at least being honest and transparent in running the debate. In that case, the DNC should have sent these idiots a memo about what happens when D candidates align themselves with fringe social issues and forget their historic working class base.

I said this in another post: it's too back Hickenlooper is such a shadow and unknown. He has a solid background as a governor, and he seems to be a political moderate and maybe even lean a little to the right of center on the economy, more than once make his position on socialism known. But he probably doesn't stand a chance.

Creep.... It's not 1992 anymore. The non union working man hasn't voted Democrat since then. The Democrats found something that worked in 2008. ID politics. But even then it was tempered a little bit. Now.... It's a race to the extreme left, blaming the old white rich man all the way there.

It's not gonna work. But they've backed themselves into a corner with their base they and have no other choice.

And they will be shown on camera crying in disbelief, again on that cold November night in 2020.
    PS: they have no other choice? Yes they do. Piss off the fringe on the left and dare them to vote for Trump. WTF else can they do? Take the chance they won't vote at all (which is possible), and reach out to the much larger constituency known as the American working class who hold reasonably moderate political views. That group that used to support you. Why won't it work? Says who? Are you telling me if they drop transgender and illegal healthcare bits they're fucked? How so? There are a lot more moderates around than it may appear in the Tug.

Jobs Jobs Jobs. Any Dem candidate needs to impose on himself a quota for saying the word "jobs" in every single appearance. Even if there is no context, just blurt it out. Jobs! And Social Security, and Medicare and and and and. That shit. The gay community will understand if you don't make gay marriage your leading issue. Hillary talked about bathroom rights; Donnie talked about industry. This is a no fucking brainer man.

What choice? You said yourself they'll lose in 2020 if they stick to the game plan. So what's to lose by trying something else?
    I really don’t disagree with any of this. I’m probably falling into being a victim of the moment so to speak, given the poll results after the last debates. The candidates whom I thought did the best, had either negative or smallish bumps in their poll numbers. And the ones who sheepled pie in the sky Policy and ID politics numbers soared. There’s 16 months left but TDS is ruling the day in the here and now. One candidate has a chance to rise above all of that. The others will just keep racing to the crazy. Either way it will be more tedious than interesting.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,633
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Woof said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I never thought that the " But what about the Ugandan Christians!!!!" poast would ever see the light of day again.

BTW, Is that what your guy in Walla Walla is saying?