Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Quite the platform you Rats are running on

1235»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Open borders
    Healthcare for illegals
    Reparations
    Return to force busing.
    The American flag is a racist symbol of hate
    Pro-Abortion right up until and even after the moment of birth.
    Raising taxes
    Race based mortgages
    the elimination of the private health insurance industry.

Did I miss anything? But remember now, according to O'Keefed, it's the GOP that's moved to the fringes

I always laugh when you call someone a liar. This time I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Which mainstream candidate has those positions posted on their website?
    Save for a small handful, everyone on stage raised their hand at the second dem debate when asked if they supported providing healthcare for illegal immigrants. Multiple high profile candidates have expressed support for reparations despite this previously being a total non-issue outside of the fringe left. Raising taxes on the wealthy is an almost consensus democratic position. The candidates who support Medicare for all, namely Sanders and Warren, have stated that they will eliminate the private healthcare industry.

Obviously Bob threw in a few of his trademarked kooky conservative shit bombs, but he's not wrong that the democratic field has moved sharply left. And it's increasingly starting to look like a losing strategy.
    This.

I have maintained for ages now that the Dems would have to really try to lose in 2020. Looks like they are well on their way....
    With the economy still humming 2020 was never going to be a sure thing. I think the candidates were smart to start the narrative that while broad economic indicators look good, income and wealth is still stagnating for a majority of the middle and lower class. That's the kind of economic populism that can beat Trump.

Then they decided to blow it all to shit by taking extreme positions on healthcare and illegal immigration, while re-stoking all of the identity politics flames that turned so much of the country off of them in 2016. They had a prime chance to retake the middle, and they instead doubled down on their most left wing supporters. Even by primary standards they're falling off a cliff.
    What did you expect, honestly? The elite plutocrats in the DNC have been counting on a brown and black bridged dynasty for two decades or more, believing that when whites are no longer the majority, they will own the blind faith based black and latino vote forever. It’s all about protecting the fearful white DNC elites who hope to have mastered the technique of speaking enough of the black and brown voter language to maintain a dynasty for another generation.

But the dems over-the-top pandering is alienating the average thinking voter, including a lot of black and brown working class, to the point they’ll take a chance on Trump or just about anything but the next Queer and Reparations supporting Democrat. Most of those folks want stable employment and a government that works, not one that hugs and coddles freaks. Sorry if that offends some.
    Lol. Fearful elites. Jfc.
    Well, now the idiot class has been spoken for. Anything to add, fatty-fucker?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Open borders
    Healthcare for illegals
    Reparations
    Return to force busing.
    Raising taxes
    Race based mortgages

Did I miss anything? But remember now, according to O'Keefed, it's the GOP that's moved to the fringes

I always laugh when you call someone a liar. This time I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Which mainstream candidate has those positions posted on their website?
    Save for a small handful, everyone on stage raised their hand at the second dem debate when asked if they supported providing healthcare for illegal immigrants. Multiple high profile candidates have expressed support for reparations despite this previously being a total non-issue outside of the fringe left. Raising taxes on the wealthy is an almost consensus democratic position. The candidates who support Medicare for all, namely Sanders and Warren, have stated that they will eliminate the private healthcare industry.

Obviously Bob threw in a few of his trademarked kooky conservative shit bombs, but he's not wrong that the democratic field has moved sharply left. And it's increasingly starting to look like a losing strategy.
    This.

I have maintained for ages now that the Dems would have to really try to lose in 2020. Looks like they are well on their way....
    With the economy still humming 2020 was never going to be a sure thing. I think the candidates were smart to start the narrative that while broad economic indicators look good, income and wealth is still stagnating for a majority of the middle and lower class. That's the kind of economic populism that can beat Trump.

Then they decided to blow it all to shit by taking extreme positions on healthcare and illegal immigration, while re-stoking all of the identity politics flames that turned so much of the country off of them in 2016. They had a prime chance to retake the middle, and they instead doubled down on their most left wing supporters. Even by primary standards they're falling off a cliff.
    The middle class is getting absolutely butt raped by State and Local governments who are raising taxes left and right.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Open borders
    Healthcare for illegals
    Reparations
    Return to force busing.
    Raising taxes
    Race based mortgages

This.

The middle class is getting absolutely butt raped by State and Local governments who are raising taxes left and right.
    I think we can all agree that the middle class is getting butt raped by multiple villains. I'll contend that the biggest factor continues to be an ever-innovating economy that no longer has a need for an obsolete workforce. Neither party has figured out a way to make them useful and transition them into the system.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Open borders
    Healthcare for illegals
    Reparations
    Return to force busing.
    Raising taxes
    Race based mortgages

This.

California's nearly .50 a gallon tax on gas along with their high sales taxes hurt low income people more than rich folks. Any liberals in the state calling for those taxes to be cut?
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Biden is a scum bag pedophile with a fake tough guy act. It's hard to find anyone more stupid, pathetic and loathsome running for President in 2020.

salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Open borders
    Healthcare for illegals
    Reparations
    Return to force busing.
    Raising taxes
    Race based mortgages

This.

I think we can all agree that the middle class is getting butt raped by multiple villains. I'll contend that the biggest factor continues to be an ever-innovating economy that no longer has a need for an obsolete workforce. Neither party has figured out a way to make them useful and transition them into the system.
    Their solution is to import millions of Mexicans.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    Toss in the waves of illegal and legal immigration putting wage pressure on the middle class. Energy prices are twice as high in green gaia Cali versus Texas. Because leftards care so much about the middle class.
    Fry them all with 5g directed energy weapons. Every Congressman, every governor, every state representative, every city official that supported the forced, taxpayer funded 5g rollout that no one wants and everyone hates. Let them be the first to enjoy 5g with a complimentary, mandatory small cell tower right outside every one of their homes and government offices.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Open borders
    Healthcare for illegals
    Reparations
    Return to force busing.
    Raising taxes
    Race based mortgages

This.

If you tried to convince me not to believe my own eyes on what this economy is doing for me you wouldn't get my vote

And I am internet middle class guy not internet rich guy

Forget the extreme positions. Just saying you want to undo what Trump has done is a no starter

Results matter
    I for one am shocked that you wouldn't be persuaded by Warren's pitch. But it's not undoing what Trump did, it's undoing decades of income stagnation for the bottom 90% relative to the top 10%. Trump already proved that economic populism is a winning strategy.
    What impact do you think illegal and legal immigration has had on the low income worker wage stagnation?

Why do people always ignore the elephant in the room when discussing this topic?
    Liberals hate minorities. Enslaved them.