Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you want to understand why Global Warming is a religion...

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I’m not convinced climate change is necessarily bad

The melting of the ice caps will displace millions of coastal people. Some will be able to simply move further in land but others will be homeless and a massive economic burden around the world. Food will become increasingly difficult to grow. 7 billion people need to eat.
    I’ll never forget the “people are going to starve to death” scare of 1973.

So technology and people won’t adapt? We will just run in place flapping our arms?

Are we at peak oil yet? That would have solved everything.

Let’s assume we? Solve climate change. Whew! Dodged a bullet. You’ll be dead within 81 years. What do you think earth will be like in 1000 years? 10000? 1000000?
    We're already feeling the negative effects of it already. Ask people in Houston who lived there for decades until there house was under water how they feel about climate change. It's not something that's coming 1,000 years from now. It's here and it's going to be here and getting worse the rest of our lives and our children's lives.
    Ax the people in New Orleans who live below sea level, too....because, well, gravity.

Or maybe the folks in Central/Eastern WA who get smoked out every summer because the timber companies are no longer allowed to properly manage the forest - so nature does it the old fashioned way by burning the shit growth.

This shit has gone on eons.

It hasn't been man made for eons and it hasn't changed at such an accelerated rate before minus massive volcanic eruptions or asteroid impacts. That's the major difference. Natural climate change is fine and happen very slowly over millions of years. Man made climate change is not. We have the technology to move on from burning fossil fuels for energy. But there are trillions of dollars at stake that very powerful people are not willing to give up and will do anything to prevent us from moving away from.
    I heard the car companies have the technology to make cars run on water but they are keeping it from everybody because Big Oil paid them off.

I think I read it on Wikipedia...
    That would be a lot more plausible than denying that more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere causes global warming.
    In isolation sure. But in isolation it’s also raises temperatures a meaningless amount in the quantities we are talking about...you realize it’s measured in ppm levels, right? Even the climate modelers understand this which is why they have to add all these crazy amplifying/magnifying phenomenon that they think might maybe occur with increased CO2 levels to get global warming (which why the models have been horrible at predicting temps...)

But you also think converting water into water can somehow power a car so we know thermodynamics is not your thing...you should stick to you big back theories and leave the trophy for giving threads aids around here to HondoFS.
    Yeah no, you're wrong and uneducated. One degree of temperature change to the average global temperature is a massive difference in temperature that has big implications. Simply the polar ice caps melting is a huge deal and it doesn't take a big numeric temperature change for that to happen because obviously it's already happening. Those ice caps cool the planet by reflecting more solar radiation back out to space. With less of them, it causes a multiplier effect to the warming.

I didn't say the car runs on water AND emits water. One invention is a car that runs on hydrogen and emits water. Another is a car that runs on water and emits water vapor. Both have already been invented and suppressed by the government. Inventions like this have been erased and ignored on purpose. Again, trillions of dollars at stake.
    Where again did I say a degree increase? I said a meaningless amount. And the Arctic ice is shrinking and Antarctic ice is growing...minor details though.

I’m the “uneducated” one, yet you broadcast your intelligence by saying that converting liquid water to water vapor somehow makes more sense than converting water to water...you can’t make this shite up, thermodynamics be damned...

HondoFS has to be smiling that you showed up...
    The Antarctic ice is shrinking and breaking apart. How the fuck do you not know this? There are massive cracks forming in it and a chunk twice the size of Rhode island broke off of it two years ago.

You keep saying thermodynamics as if you know what the fuck you're talking about. Are you a scientist? I'm not. The point is the car could run on fucking water instead of gas. It had a water fuel cell. It split the water into pure oxygen and pure hydrogen and used both to power a combustion engine with the hydrogen being the combustible element and the oxygen being an oxidizer to make the internal combustion more powerful and the emission was water vapor. That's all I know. No car manufacturers have tried to replicate it since.
    Antarctic ice coverage has been growing since satellites have been around to observe it back in 1979. Hit all-time records in 2014, had a pull-back, and is growing again. Simple, easy to measure fact. You can scream about land ice thickness (which has also been growing there despite HondoFS claims otherwise), but overall coverage for the reflection of solar energy has been growing.

Yes, I am...or at least was before I moved on to other things although I still get dragged back into it every now and again. Even have patents on greet technology. No shite you aren't...what you are claiming on water somehow powering vehicles is the lunatic fantasy of perpetual motion which breaks all kind of thermodynamic realities. I'd try to explain it to you but I'm guessing that would go over like a lead brick...

Or, you could say its on par with a lot of the nutjob claims over the last 50 years on climate...

Antarctic "Sea ice" is growing idiot. Not total ice in Antarctica. And it's very obvious why it's growing if your pee sized brain will sit and think about it for a minute.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

The melting of the ice caps will displace millions of coastal people. Some will be able to simply move further in land but others will be homeless and a massive economic burden around the world. Food will become increasingly difficult to grow. 7 billion people need to eat.

So technology and people won’t adapt? We will just run in place flapping our arms?

Let’s assume we? Solve climate change. Whew! Dodged a bullet. You’ll be dead within 81 years. What do you think earth will be like in 1000 years? 10000? 1000000?
    We're already feeling the negative effects of it already. Ask people in Houston who lived there for decades until there house was under water how they feel about climate change. It's not something that's coming 1,000 years from now. It's here and it's going to be here and getting worse the rest of our lives and our children's lives.
    Ax the people in New Orleans who live below sea level, too....because, well, gravity.

Or maybe the folks in Central/Eastern WA who get smoked out every summer because the timber companies are no longer allowed to properly manage the forest - so nature does it the old fashioned way by burning the shit growth.

It hasn't been man made for eons and it hasn't changed at such an accelerated rate before minus massive volcanic eruptions or asteroid impacts. That's the major difference. Natural climate change is fine and happen very slowly over millions of years. Man made climate change is not. We have the technology to move on from burning fossil fuels for energy. But there are trillions of dollars at stake that very powerful people are not willing to give up and will do anything to prevent us from moving away from.
    I heard the car companies have the technology to make cars run on water but they are keeping it from everybody because Big Oil paid them off.

That would be a lot more plausible than denying that more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere causes global warming.
    In isolation sure. But in isolation it’s also raises temperatures a meaningless amount in the quantities we are talking about...you realize it’s measured in ppm levels, right? Even the climate modelers understand this which is why they have to add all these crazy amplifying/magnifying phenomenon that they think might maybe occur with increased CO2 levels to get global warming (which why the models have been horrible at predicting temps...)

But you also think converting water into water can somehow power a car so we know thermodynamics is not your thing...you should stick to you big back theories and leave the trophy for giving threads aids around here to HondoFS.
    Yeah no, you're wrong and uneducated. One degree of temperature change to the average global temperature is a massive difference in temperature that has big implications. Simply the polar ice caps melting is a huge deal and it doesn't take a big numeric temperature change for that to happen because obviously it's already happening. Those ice caps cool the planet by reflecting more solar radiation back out to space. With less of them, it causes a multiplier effect to the warming.

I didn't say the car runs on water AND emits water. One invention is a car that runs on hydrogen and emits water. Another is a car that runs on water and emits water vapor. Both have already been invented and suppressed by the government. Inventions like this have been erased and ignored on purpose. Again, trillions of dollars at stake.
    Where again did I say a degree increase? I said a meaningless amount. And the Arctic ice is shrinking and Antarctic ice is growing...minor details though.

I’m the “uneducated” one, yet you broadcast your intelligence by saying that converting liquid water to water vapor somehow makes more sense than converting water to water...you can’t make this shite up, thermodynamics be damned...

The Antarctic ice is shrinking and breaking apart. How the fuck do you not know this? There are massive cracks forming in it and a chunk twice the size of Rhode island broke off of it two years ago.

You keep saying thermodynamics as if you know what the fuck you're talking about. Are you a scientist? I'm not. The point is the car could run on fucking water instead of gas. It had a water fuel cell. It split the water into pure oxygen and pure hydrogen and used both to power a combustion engine with the hydrogen being the combustible element and the oxygen being an oxidizer to make the internal combustion more powerful and the emission was water vapor. That's all I know. No car manufacturers have tried to replicate it since.
    Antarctic ice coverage has been growing since satellites have been around to observe it back in 1979. Hit all-time records in 2014, had a pull-back, and is growing again. Simple, easy to measure fact. You can scream about land ice thickness (which has also been growing there despite HondoFS claims otherwise), but overall coverage for the reflection of solar energy has been growing.

Yes, I am...or at least was before I moved on to other things although I still get dragged back into it every now and again. Even have patents on greet technology. No shite you aren't...what you are claiming on water somehow powering vehicles is the lunatic fantasy of perpetual motion which breaks all kind of thermodynamic realities. I'd try to explain it to you but I'm guessing that would go over like a lead brick...

Or, you could say its on par with a lot of the nutjob claims over the last 50 years on climate...

Jesus Christ it's not fucking growing. I don't know what fake news your reading but it's not growing and it's not fucking hard to find that out:

https://youtu.be/4AagG92VQt0

Again, you're not capable of explaining fucking anything and you're certainly no scientist and never have been if you don't even know that increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere warms the planet. That's basic science 101 shit. Fucking fraud.
    From a discussion here last week...the bottom plot is the measured Antarctica ice extent since 1979:

https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/early/2019/06/25/1906556116/F2.large.jpg?width=800&height=600&carousel=1

And no, I’m not capable of explaining how a fantasy perpetual motion fraud breaks all sorts of rules of thermodynamics to a guy with a speed limit IQ...you got me there. I guess I have to give back my R&D 100 Award as well...after all, if a guy says you can power a car by turning liquid water into steam who am I to disagree with that logic.

This has to be a HondoFS burner account, right? There can’t be 2 people this stupid out there...
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Sea ice is different than Antarctic shelf ice. It's telling you that ice breaking off of Antarctica and floating in the ocean is increasing. The ice breaks off and then melts and so the sea ice cycles up and down, each time with the sea level continuing to steadily rise as the old sea ice melts and is replaced by new sea ice. Like I said, a piece of Antarctica twice the size of Rhode Island broke off back in 2017.

Again, you can't explain shit because you don't know shit. A man who allegedly invented a car that runs on water came running and screaming out of a restaurant saying "they poisoned me!" and then dropped dead soon after. If you don't think that's suspicious of foul play at all something is wrong with you. People that are scam artists who pretend they invented something major don't get mysteriously murdered.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Some basic rules about ice. Take a glass that is filled to the brim with solid ice. Melt it and you have less than a glass full of water. See, water expands when it freezes. This is like kindergarten level intelligence. Melting sea ice does not increase sea levels.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,404
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Just because whatever the fuck happened in 1973 or Y2K in 2000 or whatever else were bullshit doesn't mean global warming is. The science is simple and easy to understand. Anybody who chooses not to believe the facts doesn't want to believe it because it scares them.
    I have family in Houston who live on the water. Let me let you in on a lip
    Sledog said:

It hasn't been man made for eons and it hasn't changed at such an accelerated rate before minus massive volcanic eruptions or asteroid impacts. That's the major difference. Natural climate change is fine. Man made climate change is not. We have the technology to move on from burning fossil fuels for energy. But there are trillions of dollars at stake that very powerful people are not willing to give up and will do anything to prevent us from moving away from.
    We don't have the technology

It doesn't exist

Yes it fucking does. Research Stanley Meyer. He invented a car that runs on water back in the 90's. He died after eating at a restaurant and running out of the restaurant screaming "they poisoned me". Every major invention that threatens the fossil fuel industry is suppressed by the government.
    The Clintons poisoned him!
    Jeezus.....Stanley Meyer was a fraud. A cheap hustler who was ordered by a judge to repay his investors due to his false claims. His patents have all expired. Anyone can take his ideas and run with them. Now why do you think no one has?

I find it funny that Strongarmcobra is on here telling everyone they are stupid and ignorant and here he is believing some made up bullshit by a two bit hustler.
  • Options

Sea ice is different than Antarctic shelf ice. It's telling you that ice breaking off of Antarctica and floating in the ocean is increasing. The ice breaks off and then melts and so the sea ice cycles up and down, each time with the sea level continuing to steadily rise as the old sea ice melts and is replaced by new sea ice. Like I said, a piece of Antarctica twice the size of Rhode Island broke off back in 2017.

Again, you can't explain shit because you don't know shit. A man who allegedly invented a car that runs on water came running and screaming out of a restaurant saying "they poisoned me!" and then dropped dead soon after. If you don't think that's suspicious of foul play at all something is wrong with you. People that are scam artists who pretend they invented something major don't get mysteriously murdered.

Yet magically overall it has been growing in size. It’s almost as if snow and really cold temps (temps at all the Antarctica stations have been steady to decreasing the last 30 years) creates more ice or something.

I do know it is thermodynamically impossible to generate energy (to, say, run a car) by turning liquid water into steam...and I do think it’s appropriate that someone who thinks this is possible is arguing the scientific merits of Global Warming.

• Options
    2001400ex said:

Antarctic "Sea ice" is growing idiot. Not total ice in Antarctica. And it's very obvious why it's growing if your pee sized brain will sit and think about it for a minute.
    https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

Go fuck yourself.
  • Options

Some basic rules about ice. Take a glass that is filled to the brim with solid ice. Melt it and you have less than a glass full of water. See, water expands when it freezes. This is like kindergarten level intelligence. Melting sea ice does not increase sea levels.

Except the ice that is melting isn't completely submerged in the water you moron. There's this thing called displacement. If the ice is above water level and is breaking off and melting in the water, the water level rises. Dumb shit.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Yet magically overall it has been growing in size. It’s almost as if snow and really cold temps (temps at all the Antarctica stations have been steady to decreasing the last 30 years) creates more ice or something.

I do know it is thermodynamically impossible to generate energy (to, say, run a car) by turning liquid water into steam...and I do think it’s appropriate that someone who thinks this is possible is arguing the scientific merits of Global Warming.

I googled "Antarctic melt":

https://businessinsider.com/antarctic-glacier-on-way-to-irreversible-melt-2019-7

https://theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/09/glacial-melting-in-antarctica-may-become-irreversible

https://nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/02/antarctic-greenland-ice-melt-less-bad/

Business Insider, The Guardian, National Geographic all reporting that Antarctica is melting at an accelerated rate. I could go on and on and on. What's the conspiracy here? Why do all the scientists and subsequently credible news source reporting that it's cracking and melting if it's not? And how would sea level be rising without the melting of the polar ice caps?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

2001400ex said:

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

Go fuck yourself.
    Lol you fucking IDIOT!!

This is the first sentence of your article:

"A new NASA study says that an increase in Antarctic snow accumulation that began 10,000 years ago is currently adding enough ice to the continent to outweigh the increased losses from its thinning glaciers."

So snow that has accumulated over thousands of years is compacting on itself and making new ice deep underneath it at a faster rate than the surface ice is melting. BUT, it states right fucking there for your dumb ass to read: "increased losses from it's thinning glaciers".

We haven't had THOUSANDS OF YEARS of man made global warming. You would expect snow accumulation over ten thousand years to be massive and the subsequent deep ice creation beneath it to still be more than the surface ice that is melting.

But that's fucking irrelevant. You know why? Because the melting of the ice is INCREASING and will intercept the amount of deep ice created by the compacting snow. It's just a matter of time. That's not at all proof that global warming isn't happening. It confirms it. Eat shit.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Go fuck yourself.
    Lol you fucking IDIOT!!

"A new NASA study says that an increase in Antarctic snow accumulation that began 10,000 years ago is currently adding enough ice to the continent to outweigh the increased losses from its thinning glaciers."

So snow that has accumulated over thousands of years is compacting on itself and making new ice deep underneath it at a faster rate than the surface ice is melting. BUT, it states right fucking there for your dumb ass to read: "increased losses from it's thinning glaciers".

We haven't had THOUSANDS OF YEARS of man made global warming. You would expect snow accumulation over ten thousand years to be massive and the subsequent deep ice creation beneath it to still be more than the surface ice that is melting.

But that's fucking irrelevant. You know why? Because the melting of the ice is INCREASING and will intercept the amount of deep ice created by the compacting snow. It's just a matter of time. That's not at all proof that global warming isn't happening. It confirms it. Eat shit.
    You really are HondoFSv2. Even though the overall ice is increasing (and hey, according to CobraFS it’s been accumulating for thousands of years and doesn’t move so the pile is going to the moon soon...) and the overall ice coverage of Antarctica has been going up for 30 years it’s really proof of GW and everything shrinking. BRILLIANT!!!!

Of course, this is the same idiot that somehow thinks boiling water somehow creates enough energy to power a car and magically recover all the energy used to boil the water...
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Those 1830 weather stations were awesome

Race doesnt think temperature recording technology existed in 1830. I guess dementia has set in since he can't remember his child hood.
    I clearly said that those 1830 weather stations were awesome

How many do you suppose there were world wide? In America? In the Antarctic?

Weather stations sucked 50 years ago

We have tree rings and ice cores though!

Your complete certain over that which can never be certain is pretty religious if you ask me. The need to demonize the "others" who don't share your belief.

Classic case IMO
    What do you think recording air temperature is some kind of black magic? Its mercury dawg.
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Yes we have the ability to record temperature for all of the 6,000 years the earth has been around

Its faith
    Dude we are talking about recording the temperature since the 1850s. Its pretty ez in 1850.... I thought you knew.
    What was the temp when Adam and Eve left the garden?
    Seems like a dementia question. I'm going to redirect your confusion to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ef3a9nL_KI
    My confusion?

The earth is billions of years old with a record of constant change.

99% unrecorded

To say a month is the hottest ever is about as fucking stupid as you can get.

What happened to logic in this country? Do you all think with your pussy now?

Its a religion. No doubt about it. Burn me at the stake as an apostate you fucking Spanish Inquisitor.
    We are talking about temperature data from 1850 to now bro. The hottest ever since we started recording. Look at the charts and graphs dawg.
    There wasn't much data of weather stations outside of North America available prior to the 1940's,so there's that.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You lefties have to stop eating Mexican food your gas is destroying the planet! In fact just stop eating all together.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The religious and apocalyptic Left does little help to actually come up with real long term solutions to this. "12 years" is the perfect type of idiotic statement that makes the entire discussion so dismissable. IT IS religion and ideology when there is no room for pragmatism.

Look no further than some of the poasters in this thread to see that they do more damage to the cause of moving the issue forward by arguing for it than they would if they just STFU.

Bump.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Go fuck yourself.
    Lol you fucking IDIOT!!

You really are HondoFSv2. Even though the overall ice is increasing (and hey, according to CobraFS it’s been accumulating for thousands of years and doesn’t move so the pile is going to the moon soon...) and the overall ice coverage of Antarctica has been going up for 30 years it’s really proof of GW and everything shrinking. BRILLIANT!!!!

Of course, this is the same idiot that somehow thinks boiling water somehow creates enough energy to power a car and magically recover all the energy used to boil the water...
    But you’re only talking about SEA ICE!!1!1! W w