Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you want to understand why Global Warming is a religion...

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The religious and apocalyptic Left does little help to actually come up with real long term solutions to this. "12 years" is the perfect type of idiotic statement that makes the entire discussion so dismissable. IT IS religion and ideology when there is no room for pragmatism.

Look no further than some of the poasters in this thread to see that they do more damage to the cause of moving the issue forward by arguing for it than they would if they just STFU.

Your prior post is quite rational. Yet here, you express no disdain for the poasters on the right who deny the basic premise that the Earth’s climate is changing, instead directing your fire only at those who actually agree with you.
    Lol, look no further than the poast I made last week on renewables and the engineering challenges they face to see that "those who actually agree with me" are in short supply.

The alarmism is what has caused the boy who cried wolf of many on the right to be a mainstream position instead of a fringe.
    The “alarmism” in this thread is about a position you have already said you agree with.
    Conflation. I agree that man made global warming is possible. I don't agree we've got 12 years to fix it or that the science is "settled". Go see my other poasts. I'm pretty consistent on this topic.

Most of the "right" poasters are on board with the things I propose or at least aren't vehemently opposed to them. Is there anyone other than Mike Damone who is morally opposed to expanding federal funding of energy R&D?

Ironically, I have to fight tooth and nail to convince those on the left who wholeheartedly believe we've got 12 years left that then Nuclear is a viable option.
    Maybe we could have a show of hands for those who think we have 12 years left. I know Race jokes that he does, but is there a single soul on this bored who fits the caricature you are drawing?
    It's kind of funny that I don't remember your contributions to the threads on renewables and energy policy too...but here you are in a global warming thread.
    It kinda looks like you and I agree more than we don’t. Shook?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The religious and apocalyptic Left does little help to actually come up with real long term solutions to this. "12 years" is the perfect type of idiotic statement that makes the entire discussion so dismissable. IT IS religion and ideology when there is no room for pragmatism.

Look no further than some of the poasters in this thread to see that they do more damage to the cause of moving the issue forward by arguing for it than they would if they just STFU.

Your prior post is quite rational. Yet here, you express no disdain for the poasters on the right who deny the basic premise that the Earth’s climate is changing, instead directing your fire only at those who actually agree with you.
    Lol, look no further than the poast I made last week on renewables and the engineering challenges they face to see that "those who actually agree with me" are in short supply.

The alarmism is what has caused the boy who cried wolf of many on the right to be a mainstream position instead of a fringe.
    The “alarmism” in this thread is about a position you have already said you agree with.
    Conflation. I agree that man made global warming is possible. I don't agree we've got 12 years to fix it or that the science is "settled". Go see my other poasts. I'm pretty consistent on this topic.

Most of the "right" poasters are on board with the things I propose or at least aren't vehemently opposed to them. Is there anyone other than Mike Damone who is morally opposed to expanding federal funding of energy R&D?

Ironically, I have to fight tooth and nail to convince those on the left who wholeheartedly believe we've got 12 years left that then Nuclear is a viable option.
    Are we reading the same threads? I'm seeing a lot of the usual suspects cherry picking past hysterics from environmentalists and select climate scientists to distract from the very explicit scientific conclusion that climate change is occurring, and is very likely caused by human activity. Throw in some bad @Sledog memes, political cartoons, and pathetic counter arguments from Hondo that do nothing to help his cause, and that's the tug in a nutshell. This board doesn't even seem able to acknowledge the very basic premise that human activity has likely caused climate change.

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

It'd be nice if the discussion centered around questions like where do we go from here? Will our planet warm by a negligible amount or are we on course for life altering damage in the next 100 years? Is it economically feasible to enact policies that would materially stop climate change? Or is it not worth the economic damage to do so? Those are actual discussions worth having, but that's not going to happen if people continue to look for ways to avoid admitting that human driven climate change is real.
  • Options

HHusky said:

I agree with this. The alarmism of the Al Gores of the world and anyone who attached their name to the green new deal has done nothing to advance the cause of addressing climate change. But that doesn't justify the fact that denial of human driven climate change has become a mainstream position on the right. That's shameful regardless of the hysterics of the opposition.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

HHusky said:

I agree with this. The alarmism of the Al Gores of the world and anyone who attached their name to the green new deal has done nothing to advance the cause of addressing climate change. But that doesn't justify the fact that denial of human driven climate change has become a mainstream position on the right. That's shameful regardless of the hysterics of the opposition.
    See, we can have common ground as well.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

I would consider you an "adult in the room" to have a conversation with. I do remember you contributing to the conversation. H, not so much.

As always, I mostly ignore Sled, Hondo, and others who I don't see the point in talking to. I don't spend a lot of time considering their opinions other than as an interesting window into a slice of political America. AKA let's not count whose team has the most retard cheerleaders.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Maybe we could have a show of hands for those who think we have 12 years left. I know Race jokes that he does, but is there a single soul on this bored who fits the caricature you are drawing?
    Your party is scared to death of the woman who said. Several of your candidates agree

It's all yours
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    In regard to the "science is settled" line I think there are different elements to that line. As to the question of do human emitted greenhouse gasses affect the climate that question has been answered by science and is now beyond a reasonable doubt "settled". As to pinpointing exactly how much and how much we need to cut in order to achieve a certain outcome that is largely still to be found.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

In regard to the "science is settled" line I think there are different elements to that line. As to the question of do human emitted greenhouse gasses affect the climate that question has been answered by science and is now beyond a reasonable doubt "settled". As to pinpointing exactly how much and how much we need to cut in order to achieve a certain outcome that is largely still to be found.

"Science is settled" is political language. And your second sentence is essentially a tautology.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

f(x) = log x vs. f(x) = x^n is kind of an important distinction wouldn't you say? Especially when shaping not just US but global policy.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

I would consider you an "adult in the room" to have a conversation with. I do remember you contributing to the conversation. H, not so much.

As always, I mostly ignore Sled, Hondo, and others who I don't see the point in talking to. I don't spend a lot of time considering their opinions other than as an interesting window into a slice of political America. AKA let's not count whose team has the most retard cheerleaders.
    I don’t read the Tug cover to cover even when I’m here. I don’t recall the thread you’re referring to.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Those 1830 weather stations were awesome

Race doesnt think temperature recording technology existed in 1830. I guess dementia has set in since he can't remember his child hood.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And the historical US temperatures before they really started to alter them...

Do you know the difference between the US and the world? Seriously you are a dumb motherfucker.
    Thank you for proving my point after I called it out. Only HondoFS could be that dumb.

The world doesn't have temperature history data moron...you think Siberia, the Indian ocean, and all the desolate places where the "global temperature" has been warming have a bunch of temperature history stations that have been taking temps on a daily basis for the last 100 years?

Meanwhile all the places that did cooled from the 1950s to 2000 according to NASA, or at least that was so until they started changing the historical data...
    Provide support for your last paragraph.
    Which part?

NASA changes global data as well?
    Iceland:

Paraguay:

"Global warming" occurred in isolated areas where there is no real historical data?

(I especially like how they carved out Anchorage as magically not warming at all but all the area around it (where there is no actual data) severely warmed...

Where the weather stations really are?:

Look...you can believe whatever you want on GW...I could care less. But its a religion and a feeling...the underlying data that actually exists and hasn't been tampered with doesn't back it up. You can link to all the Wikipedia and YouTube videos you want...doesn't change that simple fact.

Maybe you should found a new church and have a bunch of people attend with you on Sunday morning and you can preach to them about it. The original article should provide you a few parishioners...

https://web.archive.org/web/20120207165802/http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence

Incase anyone actually believes HoustonHack's kiddie graph drawings. This is the shit NASA was pumping out in 2012.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Race doesnt think temperature recording technology existed in 1830. I guess dementia has set in since he can't remember his child hood.
    I clearly said that those 1830 weather stations were awesome

How many do you suppose there were world wide? In America? In the Antarctic?

Weather stations sucked 50 years ago

We have tree rings and ice cores though!

Your complete certain over that which can never be certain is pretty religious if you ask me. The need to demonize the "others" who don't share your belief.

Classic case IMO
  • Options

Gwad said:

Your complete certain over that which can never be certain is pretty religious if you ask me. The need to demonize the "others" who don't share your belief.

Classic case IMO
    What do you think recording air temperature is some kind of black magic? Its mercury dawg.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Classic case IMO
    What do you think recording air temperature is some kind of black magic? Its mercury dawg.
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Yes we have the ability to record temperature for all of the 6,000 years the earth has been around

Its faith
  • Options

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Classic case IMO
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Yes we have the ability to record temperature for all of the 6,000 years the earth has been around

Its faith
    Dude we are talking about recording the temperature since the 1850s. Its pretty ez in 1850.... I thought you knew.
  • Options

Can we all just agree that the green new deal is a load of unrealistic bullshit that is being parrotted by disengenuous Democrat politicians? Let's cut through the noise here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Can we all just agree that the green new deal is a load of unrealistic bullshit that is being parrotted by disengenuous Democrat politicians? Let's cut through the noise here.
    They are running for President. You may even vote for one since I don't see you voting for Trump
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    Wake me up when India and China join the discussion. If you only lock one car door, you're still getting jacked.