Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you want to understand why Global Warming is a religion...

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Those 1830 weather stations were awesome

Race doesnt think temperature recording technology existed in 1830. I guess dementia has set in since he can't remember his child hood.
    I clearly said that those 1830 weather stations were awesome

How many do you suppose there were world wide? In America? In the Antarctic?

Weather stations sucked 50 years ago

We have tree rings and ice cores though!

Your complete certain over that which can never be certain is pretty religious if you ask me. The need to demonize the "others" who don't share your belief.

Classic case IMO
    What do you think recording air temperature is some kind of black magic? Its mercury dawg.
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Yes we have the ability to record temperature for all of the 6,000 years the earth has been around

Its faith
    Dude we are talking about recording the temperature since the 1850s. Its pretty ez in 1850.... I thought you knew.
    What was the temp when Adam and Eve left the garden?
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Race doesnt think temperature recording technology existed in 1830. I guess dementia has set in since he can't remember his child hood.

Your complete certain over that which can never be certain is pretty religious if you ask me. The need to demonize the "others" who don't share your belief.

Classic case IMO
    What do you think recording air temperature is some kind of black magic? Its mercury dawg.
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Yes we have the ability to record temperature for all of the 6,000 years the earth has been around

Its faith
    Dude we are talking about recording the temperature since the 1850s. Its pretty ez in 1850.... I thought you knew.
    Seems like a dementia question. I'm going to redirect your confusion to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ef3a9nL_KI
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Classic case IMO
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Its faith

My confusion?

The earth is billions of years old with a record of constant change.

99% unrecorded

To say a month is the hottest ever is about as fucking stupid as you can get.

What happened to logic in this country? Do you all think with your pussy now?

Its a religion. No doubt about it. Burn me at the stake as an apostate you fucking Spanish Inquisitor.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Can we all just agree that the green new deal is a load of unrealistic bullshit that is being parrotted by disengenuous Democrat politicians? Let's cut through the noise here.
    They are running for President. You may even vote for one since I don't see you voting for Trump
    And that's the dillema for anyone who doesn't align with the fringe, or otherwise sees Trump as unfit for office. The alternatives aren't very palatable.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Classic case IMO
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Its faith

My confusion?

99% unrecorded

Its a religion. No doubt about it. Burn me at the stake as an apostate you fucking Spanish Inquisitor.
    We are talking about temperature data from 1850 to now bro. The hottest ever since we started recording. Look at the charts and graphs dawg.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's not even a snap shot. Its meaningless

But go ahead and do what your leaders tell you to do. Otherwise we will die

In 12 years.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,042
    edited July 2019
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Classic case IMO
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Its faith

My confusion?

99% unrecorded

We are talking about temperature data from 1850 to now bro. The hottest ever since we started recording. Look at the charts and graphs dawg.
    How hot was the hockey stick? Which by the way allowed more food to be grown, population increases, the Renaissance and modern society.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Lol holy shit? People still don't think global warming is real? It's not even debatable and the science is so simple a retard could understand it. When humans burn fossil fuels it releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. When solar radiation penetrates the Earth's atmosphere it warms the atmosphere, then warms the surface of the earth, and then it reflects back to outer space. The molecules of greenhouse gases reflect some of that escaping solar radiation back down towards the surface of the Earth. Greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide, essentially work as planetary insulation. Think of it as clothing. The more clothing you wear, the warmer your body temperature is. It's the same with the plant and greenhouse gases. So, the higher concentration of greenhouse gases that you have in the atmosphere, the more solar radiation will be insulated, and the warmer a plant will be.

Now, the land biosphere and the oceans absorb some of the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, however, humans are releasing too much into the atmosphere for the biosphere and oceans to absorb with is causing a net increase of carbon dioxide to be added to the atmosphere. When that happens, it causes the planet to warm. That's not a hypothesis. It's a scientific fact as simple as 2+2. More carbon dioxide in an atmosphere = a warmer planet. Humans are increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere so the planet is getting warmer and it is man made climate change.

Fucking of course it is you idiots. How dumb can people be to think we can burn trillions of gallons of gasoline driving cars and shit and the exhaust from burning that fuel isn't going to do anything to the world we live in. Of course it is and it's now a serious problem.

Yes, the planet does go through changing climate cycles naturally over millions of years. However, the recent warming of the planet is 100% man made. The average temperature of the planet has steadily increased. More and more of the planets ice caps are melting every year as evidenced by rising sea levels. This only worsens the problem because ice and snow are the most reflective surfaces for reflecting solar radiation. It's called albedo or the "whiteness of the planet". The less albedo a planet has the less solar radiation it can reflect back into space.

Global warming also doesn't just mean a warmer plant overall because a warmer planet causes weather extremes. Summers become hotter. Winters become colder. And hurricanes become stronger. We have already seen this happening. Record high temperatures all over the country and record low temperatures just this past Winter. The cold in the mid-West is now becoming life threatening. The flooding of Texas and the Houston area due to Hurricane Harvey is another example of a more extreme weather patterns. The southeast is becoming unlivable due to more powerful hurricanes.

Sure, recorded history of weather isn't a long time, but it's long enough to see an obvious trend that is showing an exponential growth in climate change that is not happening over millions of years, but decades which is extremely accelerated.

You don't get to deny simple science just because it scares you or the political party you follow denies it because they are corrupted by the fossil fuel industry. That's the real motivation behind denying man-made climate change. The oil industry and coal industry have corrupted the government with their money to prevent real changes to our sources of energy.

The U.S. government has suppressed innovation in the energy sector for decades because of this corruption. Our energy system is 19th century energy. People have invented shit that would change the world like cars that run on hydrogen or water and shit and those patents and those people have all be suppressed by the government.

The bottom line is, man-made climate change is not debatable. If you increase the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the planet gets warmer because that's what greenhouse gases do and carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. Methane is even worse, but the main problem is the carbon emissions.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Lol holy shit? People still don't think global warming is real? It's not even debatable and the science is so simple a retard could understand it. When humans burn fossil fuels it releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. When solar radiation penetrates the Earth's atmosphere it warms the atmosphere, then warms the surface of the earth, and then it reflects back to outer space. The molecules of greenhouse gases reflect some of that escaping solar radiation back down towards the surface of the Earth. Greenhouse gases, like carbon dioxide, essentially work as planetary insulation. Think of it as clothing. The more clothing you wear, the warmer your body temperature is. It's the same with the plant and greenhouse gases. So, the higher concentration of greenhouse gases that you have in the atmosphere, the more solar radiation will be insulated, and the warmer a plant will be.

Now, the land biosphere and the oceans absorb some of the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, however, humans are releasing too much into the atmosphere for the biosphere and oceans to absorb with is causing a net increase of carbon dioxide to be added to the atmosphere. When that happens, it causes the planet to warm. That's not a hypothesis. It's a scientific fact as simple as 2+2. More carbon dioxide in an atmosphere = a warmer planet. Humans are increasing the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere so the planet is getting warmer and it is man made climate change.

Fucking of course it is you idiots. How dumb can people be to think we can burn trillions of gallons of gasoline driving cars and shit and the exhaust from burning that fuel isn't going to do anything to the world we live in. Of course it is and it's now a serious problem.

Yes, the planet does go through changing climate cycles naturally over millions of years. However, the recent warming of the planet is 100% man made. The average temperature of the planet has steadily increased. More and more of the planets ice caps are melting every year as evidenced by rising sea levels. This only worsen the problem because ice and snow are the most reflective surfaces for reflecting solar radiation. It's called albedo or the "whiteness of the planet". The less albedo a planet has the less solar radiation it can reflect back into space.

Global warming also doesn't just mean a warmer plant overall because a warmer planet causes weather extremes. Summers become hotter. Winters become colder. And hurricanes become stronger. We have already seen this happening. Record high temperatures all over the country and record low temperatures just this past Winter. The cold in the mid-West is now becoming life threatening. The flooding of Texas and the Houston area due to Hurricane Harvey is another example of a more extreme weather patterns. The southeast is becoming unlivable due to more powerful hurricanes.

You don't get to deny simple science just because it scares you or the political party you follow denies it because they are corrupted by the fossil fuel industry. That's the real motivation behind denying man-made climate change. The oil industry and coal industry have corrupted the government with their money to prevent real changes to our sources of energy.

The U.S. government has suppressed innovation in the energy sector for decades because of this corruption. Our energy system is 19th century energy. People have invented shit that would change the world like cars that run on hydrogen or water and shit and those patents and those people have all be suppressed by the government.

The bottom line is, man-made climate change is not debatable. If you increase the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, the planet gets warmer because that's what greenhouse gases do and carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas. Methane is even worse, but the main problem is the carbon emissions.

Oh God dammit, now you're here?
    Just stopped by. Thot I'd drop some knowledge and educate.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes, the planet does go through changing climate cycles naturally over millions of years. However, the recent warming of the planet is 100% man made. The average temperature of the planet has steadily increased. More and more of the planets ice caps are melting every year as evidenced by rising sea levels. This only worsen the problem because ice and snow are the most reflective surfaces for reflecting solar radiation. It's called albedo or the "whiteness of the planet". The less albedo a planet has the less solar radiation it can reflect back into space.

When are you going to start?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

When are you going to start?
    Already did. If you're still a climate change denier in 2019, man oh man are you dumb. Do your research. And that doesn't include watching propaganda on Fox News or right wing sources with bullshit talking points about how the planet always has a changing climate and it's supposed to happen. Where the fuck do you think all the carbon dioxide goes when you drive your car?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Classic case IMO
    JFC

Dumb as a rock

Its faith
    You tell us, you were there.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I’m not convinced climate change is necessarily bad

The melting of the ice caps will displace millions of coastal living people due to rising sea levels. Some will be able to simply move further in land but others will be homeless and a massive economic burden around the world. Food will become increasingly difficult to grow due to weather extremes. This will cause the prices for food to rise substantially. 7 billion people need to eat. How far away are we from that stuff happening? I don't know. I'm not a scientist. Could be 50 years. Could be 150. Could be 300. Imagine living in an America in which the Southeast is no longer livable due to hurricanes every year. Imagine the effect that would have on the U.S. economy. Imagine all the desperate people from that part of country displaced, spreading out to the rest of the country, and trying to survive and take care of their families. It sets up a Mad Max like dystopia of lawlessness because people will become desperate to survive.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

The melting of the ice caps will displace millions of coastal people. Some will be able to simply move further in land but others will be homeless and a massive economic burden around the world. Food will become increasingly difficult to grow. 7 billion people need to eat.
    I’ll never forget the “people are going to starve to death” scare of 1973.

So technology and people won’t adapt? We will just run in place flapping our arms?

Are we at peak oil yet? That would have solved everything.

Let’s assume we? Solve climate change. Whew! Dodged a bullet. You’ll be dead within 81 years. What do you think earth will be like in 1000 years? 10000? 1000000?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

The melting of the ice caps will displace millions of coastal people. Some will be able to simply move further in land but others will be homeless and a massive economic burden around the world. Food will become increasingly difficult to grow. 7 billion people need to eat.
    I’ll never forget the “people are going to starve to death” scare of 1973.

So technology and people won’t adapt? We will just run in place flapping our arms?

Are we at peak oil yet? That would have solved everything.

Let’s assume we? Solve climate change. Whew! Dodged a bullet. You’ll be dead within 81 years. What do you think earth will be like in 1000 years? 10000? 1000000?
    We're already feeling the negative effects of it already. Ask people in Houston who lived there for decades until there house was under water how they feel about climate change. It's not something that's coming 1,000 years from now. It's here and it's going to be here and getting worse the rest of our lives and our children's lives.

Just because whatever the fuck happened in 1973 or Y2K in 2000 or whatever else were bullshit doesn't mean global warming is. The science is simple and easy to understand. Anybody who chooses not to believe the facts doesn't want to believe it because it scares them.