Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you want to understand why Global Warming is a religion...

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I’m not convinced climate change is necessarily bad

The melting of the ice caps will displace millions of coastal people. Some will be able to simply move further in land but others will be homeless and a massive economic burden around the world. Food will become increasingly difficult to grow. 7 billion people need to eat.
    I’ll never forget the “people are going to starve to death” scare of 1973.

So technology and people won’t adapt? We will just run in place flapping our arms?

Are we at peak oil yet? That would have solved everything.

Let’s assume we? Solve climate change. Whew! Dodged a bullet. You’ll be dead within 81 years. What do you think earth will be like in 1000 years? 10000? 1000000?
    We're already feeling the negative effects of it already. Ask people in Houston who lived there for decades until there house was under water how they feel about climate change. It's not something that's coming 1,000 years from now. It's here and it's going to be here and getting worse the rest of our lives and our children's lives.
    Ax the people in New Orleans who live below sea level, too....because, well, gravity.

Or maybe the folks in Central/Eastern WA who get smoked out every summer because the timber companies are no longer allowed to properly manage the forest - so nature does it the old fashioned way by burning the shit growth.

This shit has gone on eons.

It hasn't been man made for eons and it hasn't changed at such an accelerated rate before minus massive volcanic eruptions or asteroid impacts. That's the major difference. Natural climate change is fine and happen very slowly over millions of years. Man made climate change is not. We have the technology to move on from burning fossil fuels for energy. But there are trillions of dollars at stake that very powerful people are not willing to give up and will do anything to prevent us from moving away from.
    I heard the car companies have the technology to make cars run on water but they are keeping it from everybody because Big Oil paid them off.

I think I read it on Wikipedia...
    That would be a lot more plausible than denying that more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere causes global warming.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The melting of the ice caps will displace millions of coastal people. Some will be able to simply move further in land but others will be homeless and a massive economic burden around the world. Food will become increasingly difficult to grow. 7 billion people need to eat.

So technology and people won’t adapt? We will just run in place flapping our arms?

Let’s assume we? Solve climate change. Whew! Dodged a bullet. You’ll be dead within 81 years. What do you think earth will be like in 1000 years? 10000? 1000000?
    We're already feeling the negative effects of it already. Ask people in Houston who lived there for decades until there house was under water how they feel about climate change. It's not something that's coming 1,000 years from now. It's here and it's going to be here and getting worse the rest of our lives and our children's lives.
    Ax the people in New Orleans who live below sea level, too....because, well, gravity.

Or maybe the folks in Central/Eastern WA who get smoked out every summer because the timber companies are no longer allowed to properly manage the forest - so nature does it the old fashioned way by burning the shit growth.

It hasn't been man made for eons and it hasn't changed at such an accelerated rate before minus massive volcanic eruptions or asteroid impacts. That's the major difference. Natural climate change is fine. Man made climate change is not. We have the technology to move on from burning fossil fuels for energy. But there are trillions of dollars at stake that very powerful people are not willing to give up and will do anything to prevent us from moving away from.
    We don't have the technology

It doesn't exist

Yes it fucking does. Research Stanley Meyer. He invented a car that runs on water back in the 90's. He died after eating at a restaurant and running out of the restaurant screaming "they poisoned me". Every major invention that threatens the fossil fuel industry is suppressed by the government.
    The Clintons poisoned him!
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

It hasn't been man made for eons and it hasn't changed at such an accelerated rate before minus massive volcanic eruptions or asteroid impacts. That's the major difference. Natural climate change is fine and happen very slowly over millions of years. Man made climate change is not. We have the technology to move on from burning fossil fuels for energy. But there are trillions of dollars at stake that very powerful people are not willing to give up and will do anything to prevent us from moving away from.
    I heard the car companies have the technology to make cars run on water but they are keeping it from everybody because Big Oil paid them off.

That would be a lot more plausible than denying that more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere causes global warming.
    In isolation sure. But in isolation it’s also raises temperatures a meaningless amount in the quantities we are talking about...you realize it’s measured in ppm levels, right? Even the climate modelers understand this which is why they have to add all these crazy amplifying/magnifying phenomenon that they think might maybe occur with increased CO2 levels to get global warming (which why the models have been horrible at predicting temps...)

But you also think converting water into water can somehow power a car so we know thermodynamics is not your thing...you should stick to you big back theories and leave the trophy for giving threads aids around here to HondoFS.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

In isolation sure. But in isolation it’s also raises temperatures a meaningless amount in the quantities we are talking about...you realize it’s measured in ppm levels, right? Even the climate modelers understand this which is why they have to add all these crazy amplifying/magnifying phenomenon that they think might maybe occur with increased CO2 levels to get global warming (which why the models have been horrible at predicting temps...)

But you also think converting water into water can somehow power a car so we know thermodynamics is not your thing...you should stick to you big back theories and leave the trophy for giving threads aids around here to HondoFS.
    Yeah no, you're wrong and uneducated. One degree of temperature change to the average global temperature is a massive difference in temperature that has big implications. Simply the polar ice caps melting is a huge deal and it doesn't take a big numeric temperature change for that to happen because obviously it's already happening. Those ice caps cool the planet by reflecting more solar radiation back out to space. With less of them, it causes a multiplier effect to the warming.

I didn't say the car runs on water AND emits water. One invention is a car that runs on hydrogen and emits water. Another is a car that runs on water and emits water vapor. Both have already been invented and suppressed by the government. Inventions like this have been erased and ignored on purpose. Again, trillions of dollars at stake.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cobra pretty much closes the case on the indoctrination of our youths

Like a religion or something
  • Options

Yeah no, you're wrong and uneducated. One degree of temperature change to the average global temperature is a massive difference in temperature that has big implications. Simply the polar ice caps melting is a huge deal and it doesn't take a big numeric temperature change for that to happen because obviously it's already happening. Those ice caps cool the planet by reflecting more solar radiation back out to space. With less of them, it causes a multiplier effect to the warming.

I didn't say the car runs on water AND emits water. One invention is a car that runs on hydrogen and emits water. Another is a car that runs on water and emits water vapor. Both have already been invented and suppressed by the government. Inventions like this have been erased and ignored on purpose. Again, trillions of dollars at stake.
    Where again did I say a degree increase? I said a meaningless amount. And the Arctic ice is shrinking and Antarctic ice is growing...minor details though.

I’m the “uneducated” one, yet you broadcast your intelligence by saying that converting liquid water to water vapor somehow makes more sense than converting water to water...you can’t make this shite up, thermodynamics be damned...

HondoFS has to be smiling that you showed up...
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Where again did I say a degree increase? I said a meaningless amount. And the Arctic ice is shrinking and Antarctic ice is growing...minor details though.

I’m the “uneducated” one, yet you broadcast your intelligence by saying that converting liquid water to water vapor somehow makes more sense than converting water to water...you can’t make this shite up, thermodynamics be damned...

The Antarctic ice is shrinking and breaking apart. How the fuck do you not know this? There are massive cracks forming in it and a chunk twice the size of Rhode island broke off of it two years ago.

You keep saying thermodynamics as if you know what the fuck you're talking about. Are you a scientist? I'm not. The point is the car could run on fucking water instead of gas. It had a water fuel cell. It split the water into pure oxygen and pure hydrogen and used both to power a combustion engine with the hydrogen being the combustible element and the oxygen being an oxidizer to make the internal combustion more powerful and the emission was water vapor. That's all I know. No car manufacturers have tried to replicate it since.
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The current solar minimum is driving the cooling trend that started 8-10,000 years ago. It's the sun that drives climate not humans. If you only know temps post-1880 you have no glacial cycle bearing.

SAC is correct, Stanley Meyer did develop a motor that ran on water from his garden hose, and died from poisoning.

https://youtu.be/GFIlXaABU54
  • Options

The Antarctic ice is shrinking and breaking apart. How the fuck do you not know this? There are massive cracks forming in it and a chunk twice the size of Rhode island broke off of it two years ago.

You keep saying thermodynamics as if you know what the fuck you're talking about. Are you a scientist? I'm not. The point is the car could run on fucking water instead of gas. It had a water fuel cell. It split the water into pure oxygen and pure hydrogen and used both to power a combustion engine with the hydrogen being the combustible element and the oxygen being an oxidizer to make the internal combustion more powerful and the emission was water vapor. That's all I know. No car manufacturers have tried to replicate it since.
    Antarctic ice coverage has been growing since satellites have been around to observe it back in 1979. Hit all-time records in 2014, had a pull-back, and is growing again. Simple, easy to measure fact. You can scream about land ice thickness (which has also been growing there despite HondoFS claims otherwise), but overall coverage for the reflection of solar energy has been growing.

Yes, I am...or at least was before I moved on to other things although I still get dragged back into it every now and again. Even have patents on greet technology. No shite you aren't...what you are claiming on water somehow powering vehicles is the lunatic fantasy of perpetual motion which breaks all kind of thermodynamic realities. I'd try to explain it to you but I'm guessing that would go over like a lead brick...

Or, you could say its on par with a lot of the nutjob claims over the last 50 years on climate...

• Options
    That video is hilarious...completely nuts, but hilarious.
  • Options

Antarctic ice coverage has been growing since satellites have been around to observe it back in 1979. Hit all-time records in 2014, had a pull-back, and is growing again. Simple, easy to measure fact. You can scream about land ice thickness (which has also been growing there despite HondoFS claims otherwise), but overall coverage for the reflection of solar energy has been growing.

Yes, I am...or at least was before I moved on to other things although I still get dragged back into it every now and again. Even have patents on greet technology. No shite you aren't...what you are claiming on water somehow powering vehicles is the lunatic fantasy of perpetual motion which breaks all kind of thermodynamic realities. I'd try to explain it to you but I'm guessing that would go over like a lead brick...

Or, you could say its on par with a lot of the nutjob claims over the last 50 years on climate...

Jesus Christ it's not fucking growing. I don't know what fake news your reading but it's not growing and it's not fucking hard to find that out:

https://youtu.be/4AagG92VQt0

Again, you're not capable of explaining fucking anything and you're certainly no scientist and never have been if you don't even know that increasing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere warms the planet. That's basic science 101 shit. Fucking fraud.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Dude61 said:

The current solar minimum is driving the cooling trend that started 8-10,000 years ago. It's the sun that drives climate not humans. If you only know temps post-1880 you have no glacial cycle bearing.

SAC is correct, Stanley Meyer did develop a motor that ran on water from his garden hose, and died from poisoning.

You fucking retard. Changing the composition of the atmosphere changes the climate. Solar radiation COMBINED with the composition of the atmosphere of a planet is what determines the climate of the planet. The suns solar output only changes over thousands and millions of years. Over a short period of time, it is relatively constant. Any significant change to the climate in a matter of a century and half due to burning fossil fuel has nothing to do with the sun.

Yes, you can find right-wing misinformation fucking anywhere. The republican party is the pro-fossil fuel party with the fossil fuel industry lining their pockets. It's pure corruption at its finest. How dumb can you be?
  • Options

Dude61 said:

You fucking retard. Changing the composition of the atmosphere changes the climate. Solar radiation COMBINED with the composition of the atmosphere of a planet is what determines the climate of the planet. The suns solar output only changes over thousands and millions of years. Over a short period of time, it is relatively constant. Any significant change to the climate in a matter of a century and half due to burning fossil fuel has nothing to do with the sun.

Yes, you can't find right-wing misinformation fucking anywhere. The republican party is the pro-fossil fuel party with the fossil fuel industry lining their pockets. It's pure corruption at its finest. How dumb can you be?
    You can help by walking everywhere. I'll still be in my diesel pick up rolling coal on hipster environmental walkers at every opportunity.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Dude61 said:

Yes, you can't find right-wing misinformation fucking anywhere. The republican party is the pro-fossil fuel party with the fossil fuel industry lining their pockets. It's pure corruption at its finest. How dumb can you be?
    You can help by walking everywhere. I'll still be in my diesel pick up rolling coal on hipster environmental walkers at every opportunity.
    That's fine. You can be a fucktard. Nobody is coming to take your truck away. Have at it. But when it comes to voting on climate change policies that could make a big difference or voting for presidents, don't be a fucktard. If you have kids, they and their kids have to live on this planet too when your ass is dead and gone so we need to try to stop fucking it up.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Dude61 said:

That's fine. You can be a fucktard. Nobody is coming to take your truck away. Have at it. But when it comes to voting on climate change policies that could make a big difference or voting for presidents, don't be a fucktard. If you have kids, they and their kids have to live on this planet too when your ass is dead and gone so we need to try to stop fucking it up.
    My kids drive V8's. God have us oil to use and keeps giving us more. I suggest you hold your breath you produce carbon dioxide and you're killing the planet!
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Dude61 said:

My kids drive V8's. God have us oil to use and keeps giving us more. I suggest you hold your breath you produce carbon dioxide and you're killing the planet!
    Talking to tards like you is like talking to a brick wall. Yeah buddy, you're a REAL American bad ass because you ignore science and do what you want. Your kids are tards too. I'm sure God also created scientists and people way smarter than you to try to guide humanity in the right direction.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Dude61 said:

Talking to tards like you is like talking to a brick wall. Yeah buddy, you're a REAL American bad ass because you ignore science and do what you want. Your kids are tards too. I'm sure God also created scientists and people way smarter than you to try to guide humanity in the right direction.
    Chicken little all you want. So what are you going to do if there is a volcanic eruption next week that spews more crap into the air than man has since his creation?

What are you going to do put a catalytic converter on a volcano?

It's out of our hands. We do what we can within reason and our air is pretty damn clean as well as our water. Call China and India let me know what they tell you. Right now the USA ain't the problem.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    What NoodleArmSnake said about the poisoned inventor sounds about right. History is rife with examples of inventions that threaten the status quo or certain industries/governments being suppressed and even inventors killed. Tesla also died in suspicious circumstances, and most of his inventions were suppressed.

Government, industry and the medical establishment is against true progress and innovation that benefits people.