Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Uniforms

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Switch the black stripe on both jerseys to gold, and trim the numbers on the aways in gold, and they’re... better than almost everything we’ve worn since 2001. Pick ‘em between these and the Sark y1, I’d give a slight nod to these due to the darker purple and gold.

The stripe isn't black it's purple
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    These actually aren't that bad and are growing on me. Or I'm just dooging and want to feel accepted.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I like the shade of purple, not a huge fan of the sleeve stripes but if the kids like em then IDGAF
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No black is sweet. If they had a purple gold purple stripe orientation on all of them or at least the whites then I would be more happy and the whites absolutely need to have the numbers wrapped in gold like the dark jerseys do.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

TheDozer said:

Inside scoop from my buddy on the team. Just what I’m seeing. Don’t twist.

About fucking time!

Molden looking big. WOOF!
    After further review these are almost assuredly just models
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The purple and gold is a massive improvement. I hope we wear that the majority of games. I think the away with dark helmets has a chance to be good as well in some games.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,803
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    We are going to look like fucking wankers.

Fuck these uniforms man.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

We are going to look like fucking wankers.

Fuck these uniforms man.

Look like a wanker, feel like a wanker, play like a wanker?
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    This bored hates the whites. Shocker.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,803
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Canadawg is right, outline the fucking font on the whites
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did they really think they wouldnt leak until the 10th? Lol I am surprised it took this long to leak them.

Or they intentionally set it up to "leak". Not sure our marketing is that smart though. Occams razor says we? Are just inept.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NLdawg said:

This bored hates the whites. Shocker.

LEAVE!!
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Excuse the retardation of this but this is what I was thinking

Yup... agree with this. A gold border would help those numerals on the away jersey.

Gotta say though... outside the purple chrome helmet (which it the ugliest fucking thing that's every happened), I dig these. Not having any black is a huge W. I like the darker purple and surprisingly I kinda like the shoulder stripes.

Overall... decent chit.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Those purple homes are good. Love the gold trim and gold adidas. Everyone is right about the whites needing gold trim.

Not as good as I hoped but far better than recent history.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Those are fucking trash.

Only positives I can say about these is the purple looks good and the numbers on the purple jerseys look good and there are no more black unis or black anywhere which is good.

The gold pants as usual are a miss. No pant stripes is fucking terrible. We are the same as Notre Dame, Colorado, and UCLA. Why the fuck they want us to look like those teams I don't know. But basic ALL gold pants are ugly and basic as fuck. Nobody wants to wear that shit.

They couldn't even give me pant stripes on the white pants either. Fuck this shit. This is not a uniform that will ever be considered a college football classic or one of the best in college football.

I like the dual shoulder stripes on the purple jerseys, but they should be white so you can actually fucking see them.

I don't get why they didn't do dual shoulder stripes on the white jerseys. Instead, they did a stupid, extra thick single stripe. So close but no cigar. Can't stand it when people over think shit and make slight differences to the design of home versus away uniforms. It kills the traditional vibe.

Speaking of over thinking shit. The numbers on the white jerseys. Just, why? Why would you do that? Those skinny ass numbers look stupid as fuck. I don't get it.

I fucking can't stand gold trim around the numbers at all. I think it's a pussy look to try to make them look pretty. I just want big, thick, traditional numbers with no trim around them like the old days. But at least the gold trim around the numbers on the purple jerseys makes the numbers the right size.

Overall I'd rate them a 4/10. It's a fail for me. I don't like them and I think as time goes on everyone will hate them. They have just replaced old problems with new ones. They replaced the black shoulders on the purple jerseys with skinny numbers on the white jerseys. It's retarded. We are not a blue blood program and will continue to struggle with our brand and national perception as long as we continue to fuck around with these uniforms doing stupid shit and not creating a classic, old-school, smash mouth brand that we are supposed to embrace and that people around the country respect.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

These are the true Sark > Ty.

Like, sure they are not as bad as they were.

Is that what we are hoping for?

I hate this whole 'well, these are good, I don't want to nitpick, I mean, they are an improvement' - fuck that. My standard is 'best in the nation'. Are they?

No. They look like an intern designed them in 15 minute using a template and a uni generator. They have nothing to do with UW football.

They are better than they were. Yes. Our AD has no idea what they're doing.

3/5

Yep, they look like they were designed by someone who did zero research on our uniform history. They look like Boise State uniforms with UW colors. Beta uniforms for a beta program.