Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First big recruiting weekend for 2020 class

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

doogville said:

Elijah Jackson was the first DB offer after it was clear we were out on Ringo, Ricks, Ransom, etc. Obviously as we know, order offer doesn't always mean something, but it's just some food for thought if he ends up committing this weekend.

Best case scenario for him is he's the next Jordan Miller. I loved Jordan and he was a fine recruit for us four years ago, but we should not be taking super skinny corners that look like they're 155 pounds at this point. Hector and Paster are who we should get. Anything below that is when I'll start getting pissed.
    We should not take recruits like Jordan Miller who, let me check my notes here, is in the NFL.
    Why can't we only take corners who have the talent to be drafted in the top 2 rounds? I thought we were the new DBU? Not recruiting future 6th round draft picks like Oregon.
    If Jordan didn’t break his leg he probably would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds.
    No he wouldn't have. He was as good as he ever was his Senior season after the injury. I thought he had a great Senior season and was never any better before that. He was never going to be a top-2 rounder, get out of here with that doog shit.

Would you prefer Jordan Miller as a recruit out of high school, or Dom Hampton? Stop fucking dooging and acting like size doesn't matter. Bigger guys are usually capable of being more physical and are also usually more durable. We want guys that have the complete package or close to it coming straight out of high school. That's how you build dominant defenses. Let Cal or Oregon or Arizona or one of those middling Pac-12 teams try to develop the super skinny 155 pound kids into good DB's. Bringing in a Jordan Miller level CB recruit is not leveling up, it's leveling back down to where we were four years ago. I want 2018 level DB classes every year. That's the standard now.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

doogville said:

Elijah Jackson was the first DB offer after it was clear we were out on Ringo, Ricks, Ransom, etc. Obviously as we know, order offer doesn't always mean something, but it's just some food for thought if he ends up committing this weekend.

Best case scenario for him is he's the next Jordan Miller. I loved Jordan and he was a fine recruit for us four years ago, but we should not be taking super skinny corners that look like they're 155 pounds at this point. Hector and Paster are who we should get. Anything below that is when I'll start getting pissed.
    We should not take recruits like Jordan Miller who, let me check my notes here, is in the NFL.
    Why can't we only take corners who have the talent to be drafted in the top 2 rounds? I thought we were the new DBU? Not recruiting future 6th round draft picks like Oregon.
    If Jordan didn’t break his leg he probably would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds.
    No he wouldn't have. He was as good as he ever was his Senior season after the injury. I thought he had a great Senior season and was never any better before that. He was never going to be a top-2 rounder, get out of here with that doog shit.

Would you prefer Jordan Miller as a recruit out of high school, or Dom Hampton? Stop fucking dooging and acting like size doesn't matter. Bigger guys are usually capable of being more physical and are also usually more durable. We want guys that have the complete package or close to it coming straight out of high school. That's how you build dominant defenses. Let Cal or Oregon or Arizona or one of those middling Pac-12 teams try to develop the super skinny 155 pound kids into good DB's. Bringing in a Jordan Miller level CB recruit is not leveling up, it's leveling back down to where we were four years ago. I want 2018 level DB classes every year. That's the standard now.

FREE PUB BUTTFUCKERS!!!!

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Elijah Jackson is not the same size as Miller. He’s definitely got room to fill in but he is not coming in at 155 pounds.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Elijah Jackson is not the same size as Miller. He’s definitely got room to fill in but he is not coming in at 155 pounds.

You realize these kids lie about their weight all the time right? Any DB who is below 170, lies and self reports himself as 170. Jackson is not 170. He looks exactly like Miller did in high school in his Twitter bio pic. He's in the 150's. He's too damn skinny. I'm sick of this shit. You can't go from Kelee Ringo all the way down to Elijah Jackson. That's unacceptable. All the big schools around the nation want big and fast DB's for a reason. Alabama doesn't recruit skinny DB's. LSU doesn't recruit skinny DB's. We should not be taking early commitments from scrawny DB's.
  • Options
    No more scrawny DBs!!!

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    June 22nd, 2018

Drake Jackson
    Asa Turner
    Colt Ellison
    Cam Williams
    50%

Since this is a scientific time tested method, my 5/10 to eventually commit are:

Adams
    Myles
    Esteen
    Covington
    RR

Honestly, feels like at least 81% should commit (if we took them). 50% of the 10 would be a disappointment.
  • Options

June 22nd, 2018

Drake Jackson
    Asa Turner
    Colt Ellison
    Cam Williams
    50%

Since this is a scientific time tested method, my 5/10 to eventually commit are:

Adams
    Myles
    Esteen
    Covington
    RR

Honestly, feels like at least 81% should commit (if we took them). 50% of the 10 would be a disappointment.

Add Shipley and Kole Taylor. Miss on Yurosek, Murao, and pass on Jackson. That wouldn’t be a bad result.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

doogville said:

Jordan Miller under a 4.4 at the Husky Combine In 2017 before his injuries. He was nowhere close to that at the NFL combine. He admitted his senior year wasn’t his best because he was fighting injuries and almost redshirted. But ok.
    He ran a 4.49 at the combine. His game speed was never faster than that. We've heard about a lot of fast Husky combine times that didn't show up on the field. Andre Baccellia doesn't play like he's got 4.3 speed. Neither did Miller while he was here.

Even if that was the case with Miller, can you guarantee Jackson becomes just as fast as Miller with the same leaping ability? No. So what's your point?

Do we want guys that are already big and fast coming out of high school (at least on film)? Or do we want guys who MIGHT bulk up and MIGHT get faster?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Gladstone said:

doogville said:

Would you prefer Jordan Miller as a recruit out of high school, or Dom Hampton?
    Early returns look good for Dom but he hasn't done shit yet

Jordan was a very good player for us and now plays in the NFL..
    Yeah that's great. Do you not understand that more talent is better? What part of that do you not understand? All else equal, big and fast is always better than skinny and fast.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    SAC, Jordan’s Miller should have been redshirted
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    OMFG. Fetters on UW's big recruiting weekend: "I can't believe Petersen is happy about this development at all"

What the fuck are you talking about? This isn't a "development" outside of his control you pompous douche. Petersen is doing what he wants to do and he's doing something different than he's done before. I'm sure he'll be happy when he can go on vacation with his family in July with 60-70% of his recruiting class already locked up because he quit the slow strategy bullshit.
  • Options
    There's a balance to it. Byron Murphy came in at 160 pounds, so if the talent is there you still go and get your guy. Obviously Jackson wasn't our priority choice compared to when we got Murphy, but if they think he has a higher ceiling than someone who weighs 15 pounds more and trust their evaluation then go go get your guy.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

There's a balance to it. Byron Murphy came in at 160 pounds, so if the talent is there you still go and get your guy. Obviously Jackson wasn't our priority choice compared to when we got Murphy, but if they think he has a higher ceiling than someone who weighs 15 pounds more and trust their evaluation then go go get your guy.

Change your name to DoogMouse or something because you are trying to rationalize bringing in less talent so hard right now. Jackson is no where close to being as good as Murphy was in high school and Murphy showed up to UW at 175. He was never that skinny in high school like Jackson is.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Change your name to DoogMouse or something because you are trying to rationalize bringing in less talent so hard right now. Jackson is no where close to being as good as Murphy was in high school and Murphy showed up to UW at 175. He was never that skinny in high school like Jackson is.
    I'm not even a huge fan of Jackson, I'm just putting the weight argument into perspective. We haven't signed anyone as skinny as Miller since 2015, so there's obviously a reason they like him.

And obviously this kid doesn't come close to Murphy, but that's not the point I was trying to make.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I'm not even a huge fan of Jackson, I'm just putting the weight argument into perspective. We haven't signed anyone as skinny as Miller since 2015, so there's obviously a reason they like him.

And obviously this kid doesn't come close to Murphy, but that's not the point I was trying to make.
    Give me a break. I don't care what they like about him. His film is super basic and he's too skinny. Do not want. We have in-state 3-star kids that are better pieces of clay to be molded than Jackson. Alphonse Oywak is better than him.
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186

One of the dumbest Eklundisms- "if he were committing today."

That’s a stiffer competition than who goes in the box first at the mortuary.