Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First big recruiting weekend for 2020 class

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Elijah Jackson is not the same size as Miller. He’s definitely got room to fill in but he is not coming in at 155 pounds.

You realize these kids lie about their weight all the time right? Any DB who is below 170, lies and self reports himself as 170. Jackson is not 170. He looks exactly like Miller did in high school in his Twitter bio pic. He's in the 150's. He's too damn skinny. I'm sick of this shit. You can't go from Kelee Ringo all the way down to Elijah Jackson. That's unacceptable. All the big schools around the nation want big and fast DB's for a reason. Alabama doesn't recruit skinny DB's. LSU doesn't recruit skinny DB's. We should not be taking early commitments from scrawny DB's.
    He also has about 14 months until his first fall camp.

doogville said:

Elijah Jackson was the first DB offer after it was clear we were out on Ringo, Ricks, Ransom, etc. Obviously as we know, order offer doesn't always mean something, but it's just some food for thought if he ends up committing this weekend.

Best case scenario for him is he's the next Jordan Miller. I loved Jordan and he was a fine recruit for us four years ago, but we should not be taking super skinny corners that look like they're 155 pounds at this point. Hector and Paster are who we should get. Anything below that is when I'll start getting pissed.
    We should not take recruits like Jordan Miller who, let me check my notes here, is in the NFL.
    Why can't we only take corners who have the talent to be drafted in the top 2 rounds? I thought we were the new DBU? Not recruiting future 6th round draft picks like Oregon.
    If Jordan didn’t break his leg he probably would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds.
    No he wouldn't have. He was as good as he ever was his Senior season after the injury. I thought he had a great Senior season and was never any better before that. He was never going to be a top-2 rounder, get out of here with that doog shit.

Would you prefer Jordan Miller as a recruit out of high school, or Dom Hampton? Stop fucking dooging and acting like size doesn't matter. Bigger guys are usually capable of being more physical and are also usually more durable. We want guys that have the complete package or close to it coming straight out of high school. That's how you build dominant defenses. Let Cal or Oregon or Arizona or one of those middling Pac-12 teams try to develop the super skinny 155 pound kids into good DB's. Bringing in a Jordan Miller level CB recruit is not leveling up, it's leveling back down to where we were four years ago. I want 2018 level DB classes every year. That's the standard now.
    Jordan Miller under a 4.4 at the Husky Combine In 2017 before his injuries. He was nowhere close to that at the NFL combine. He admitted his senior year wasn’t his best because he was fighting injuries and almost redshirted. But ok.
    He ran a 4.49 at the combine. His game speed was never faster than that. We've heard about a lot of fast Husky combine times that didn't show up on the field. Andre Baccellia doesn't play like he's got 4.3 speed. Neither did Miller while he was here.

Even if that was the case with Miller, can you guarantee Jackson becomes just as fast as Miller with the same leaping ability? No. So what's your point?

Do we want guys that are already big and fast coming out of high school (at least on film)? Or do we want guys who MIGHT bulk up and MIGHT get faster?
    This logic brought to you by Trey Lowe aka Barry Sanders 2.0.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Elijah Jackson is not the same size as Miller. He’s definitely got room to fill in but he is not coming in at 155 pounds.

You realize these kids lie about their weight all the time right? Any DB who is below 170, lies and self reports himself as 170. Jackson is not 170. He looks exactly like Miller did in high school in his Twitter bio pic. He's in the 150's. He's too damn skinny. I'm sick of this shit. You can't go from Kelee Ringo all the way down to Elijah Jackson. That's unacceptable. All the big schools around the nation want big and fast DB's for a reason. Alabama doesn't recruit skinny DB's. LSU doesn't recruit skinny DB's. We should not be taking early commitments from scrawny DB's.

doogville said:

Elijah Jackson was the first DB offer after it was clear we were out on Ringo, Ricks, Ransom, etc. Obviously as we know, order offer doesn't always mean something, but it's just some food for thought if he ends up committing this weekend.

Best case scenario for him is he's the next Jordan Miller. I loved Jordan and he was a fine recruit for us four years ago, but we should not be taking super skinny corners that look like they're 155 pounds at this point. Hector and Paster are who we should get. Anything below that is when I'll start getting pissed.
    We should not take recruits like Jordan Miller who, let me check my notes here, is in the NFL.
    Why can't we only take corners who have the talent to be drafted in the top 2 rounds? I thought we were the new DBU? Not recruiting future 6th round draft picks like Oregon.
    If Jordan didn’t break his leg he probably would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds.
    No he wouldn't have. He was as good as he ever was his Senior season after the injury. I thought he had a great Senior season and was never any better before that. He was never going to be a top-2 rounder, get out of here with that doog shit.

Would you prefer Jordan Miller as a recruit out of high school, or Dom Hampton? Stop fucking dooging and acting like size doesn't matter. Bigger guys are usually capable of being more physical and are also usually more durable. We want guys that have the complete package or close to it coming straight out of high school. That's how you build dominant defenses. Let Cal or Oregon or Arizona or one of those middling Pac-12 teams try to develop the super skinny 155 pound kids into good DB's. Bringing in a Jordan Miller level CB recruit is not leveling up, it's leveling back down to where we were four years ago. I want 2018 level DB classes every year. That's the standard now.
    Jordan Miller under a 4.4 at the Husky Combine In 2017 before his injuries. He was nowhere close to that at the NFL combine. He admitted his senior year wasn’t his best because he was fighting injuries and almost redshirted. But ok.
    He ran a 4.49 at the combine. His game speed was never faster than that. We've heard about a lot of fast Husky combine times that didn't show up on the field. Andre Baccellia doesn't play like he's got 4.3 speed. Neither did Miller while he was here.

Even if that was the case with Miller, can you guarantee Jackson becomes just as fast as Miller with the same leaping ability? No. So what's your point?

Do we want guys that are already big and fast coming out of high school (at least on film)? Or do we want guys who MIGHT bulk up and MIGHT get faster?
    Don't be a passive aggressive little bitch if you're not gonna make a legit argument or take a stance. Do you want Elijah Jackson over Trey Paster? If the answer is no, then shut the fuck up because you're in the same boat as me.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708

doogville said:

Don't be a passive aggressive little bitch if you're not gonna make a legit argument or take a stance. Do you want Elijah Jackson over Trey Paster? If the answer is no, then shut the fuck up because you're in the same boat as me.
    I don't give a shit about Elijah Jackson I'm here to make sure you don't forget you're a massive hypocrite.
  • Options

doogville said:

I don't give a shit about Elijah Jackson I'm here to make sure you don't forget you're a massive hypocrite.
    Well, you failed.
  • Options

doogville said:

Miller graded out as the top CB in the PAC12 and one of the top in the nation before he got injured in 2017. No shite there is a difference between 40 time and football speed, but that’s a meaningless point...post injuries Miller didn’t get close to his earlier times.

He struggled through the last 2 seasons with injuries and wasn’t the player he was the first half of 2017 and still got drafted. But ok.

You want to bitch about Jackson go ahead (seems dumb)...just don’t throw Miller under the bus to try and do so.
    I'm not throwing Jordan Miller under the bus! I never once dissed him. Stop being fucking bleeding heart doogs just because Miller is a Dawg and was a good player for us. I compare current recruits to former Petersen UW recruits because that's what makes the most sense. It only makes sense to compare our recruiting now, to Petersen's earlier recruiting classes at UW. Some guys from those earlier classes we would absolutely take all over again if they were in the 2020 class, and some guys we wouldn't because we have leveled up recruiting.

More talent is fucking better all the time. It's not an insult to Jordan Miller to say Dom Hampton is more physically talented than him. It's not an insult at all.

Just like it's not an insult to BBK to say Daniel Heimuli is more physically talented than him or any one of our young inside backers really.

It's also not an insult to Myles Gaskin to say Salvon Ahmed is more physically talented than him as well.

Yes, those guys were all great players for us and are all NFL players now, but there are different fucking levels of talent you fucks! We have leveled up recruiting to a point where we are getting guys at those positions that are more physically talented than those great former players and that has become the new standard for our recruiting.

So when I say Jackson's ceiling is right around being similar to Jordan Miller in college, that's not a fucking insult to Jordan Miller. We without question, want corners that are more physically talented than Jordan Miller because that's what it fucking takes to win a national championship. Nobody should feel bad or shy away from saying that. I'm sure Jordan Miller wants UW to recruit corners more physically talented than he was coming out of high school as well. That's what leveling up is. Going from signing Jordan Miller to signing big, beautiful corners like Keith Taylor and Dom Hampton who looked like NFL players coming out of fucking high school!

It's not personal and it's not bashing a former player to say we want guys more talented than him at this point in the program's development. Those guys were great and will always hold a special place in our hearts for bringing the program back from mediocrity to pretty good. But to take that next step and win a national championship, we need to recruit better talent than a lot of those former players possessed and it's not an insult to them to point that out with our current recruiting. It just makes the most sense to compare current recruits with former Petersen recruits. That's all. No disrespect to anybody.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

This is a pinned thread. Do not give it AIDS you fucks.

@StrongArmCobra
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Goodness fucking GRACIOUS guys. I can hear the salmon flying from your assholes with fear from lovely southwest ohio. It’s about time we got back on the national stage.

Hat on the table?
  • Options
    bearcats6969bearcats6969 Member Posts: 77

Goodness fucking GRACIOUS guys. I can hear the salmon flying from your assholes with fear from lovely southwest ohio. It’s about time we got back on the national stage.

Hat on the table?
    Next up: savell
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can we unaids this thread with some visit tweets or some shit
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019

JUCO Defensive tackle https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4368318/5bbb5f55da51551aac6c2317

Has offers from Arizona and Nevada. Apparently he was a JUCO 1st team All-American
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

JUCO Defensive tackle https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4368318/5bbb5f55da51551aac6c2317

Has offers from Arizona and Nevada. Apparently he was a JUCO 1st team All-American
    🤔
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,132
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

If we're going up against my Wolf Pack for his services, we don't have a chance. Should be fun to watch him wreck the Mountain West under the shadows of Mt. Rose and Peavine Peak doe. What a time to be alive.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

🤔
    I’m curious as well, a JUCO DT doesn’t make much sense from a scholarship/class distribution perspective