Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

First big recruiting weekend for 2020 class

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

dhdawg said:

Ruth is hinting at 2 more official visitors.

Elijah Jackson and Markell Esteen.

https://247sports.com/player/elijah-jackson-46056573/

https://247sports.com/player/makell-esteen-46046970/
    Elijah Jackson and Cooper McDonald are 2 guys I'm hoping are Plan Bs that dont actually have commitable offers
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing. This is new territory for this staff. Previously, they usually only brought in guys for early official visits if they were guys they would take an early commitment from. This is gonna require some finesse. Obviously Hector and Paster are the top realistic targets at corner and another big season for UW and thrashing of Oregon could have UW back in business with Smalls and Navarrette if they aren't already. You also have Taylor and Yurosek visiting the same weekend with Taylor obviously being the better TE prospect and Yurosek being a better OLB prospect IMO. I hope not everybody visiting has the green light to commit this early.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Elijah Jackson was the first DB offer after it was clear we were out on Ringo, Ricks, Ransom, etc. Obviously as we know, order offer doesn't always mean something, but it's just some food for thought if he ends up committing this weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Elijah Jackson was the first DB offer after it was clear we were out on Ringo, Ricks, Ransom, etc. Obviously as we know, order offer doesn't always mean something, but it's just some food for thought if he ends up committing this weekend.

Best case scenario for him is he's the next Jordan Miller. I loved Jordan and he was a fine recruit for us four years ago, but we should not be taking super skinny corners that look like they're 155 pounds at this point. Hector and Paster are who we should get. Anything below that is when I'll start getting pissed.
  • Options
    Sources said:

That makes 10 uncommitted official visitors (that we know of) for one weekend in June. This is an unprecedented Summer recruiting weekend in the Petersen era. The recruiting strategy is being adjusted. The coaches have read my posts and are doing what I told them to do.

People are upvoting this because they think he's joking. He's not - he actually believes this.
    C'mon bro. I was 100% joking.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    doogville said:

Best case scenario for him is he's the next Jordan Miller. I loved Jordan and he was a fine recruit for us four years ago, but we should not be taking super skinny corners that look like they're 155 pounds at this point. Hector and Paster are who we should get. Anything below that is when I'll start getting pissed.
    We should not take recruits like Jordan Miller who, let me check my notes here, is in the NFL.
    Why can't we only take corners who have the talent to be drafted in the top 2 rounds? I thought we were the new DBU? Not recruiting future 6th round draft picks like Oregon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

We should not take recruits like Jordan Miller who, let me check my notes here, is in the NFL.
    Why can't we only take corners who have the talent to be drafted in the top 2 rounds? I thought we were the new DBU? Not recruiting future 6th round draft picks like Oregon.
    If Jordan didn’t break his leg he probably would have been drafted in the first 2 rounds.
    Yep. Awful skinny and his lack of upper body strength probably cost him a round or so in the draft. I'd still take a CB depth chart of six Jordan Millers in a heartbeat though.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sources said:

That makes 10 uncommitted official visitors (that we know of) for one weekend in June. This is an unprecedented Summer recruiting weekend in the Petersen era. The recruiting strategy is being adjusted. The coaches have read my posts and are doing what I told them to do.

People are upvoting this because they think he's joking. He's not - he actually believes this.
    Do you still believe you got Kalepo to change his course last year or was that a joke too?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Full Eklund thoughts

"OL Roger Rosengarten - If the decision was happening today, it'd be Oregon. I think UW blows him away this weekend and they make things very hard on him. He hopes to decide in the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if this weekend's visit makes him hold off a bit to really think about things. Right now, my money is on Oregon, but the Huskies always do really well with kids and their families on official visits so they could easily swing him back their way.

OL Myles Murao - UW puts themselves in the lead after this weekend, but with him waiting to make his decision until after the season -- he'll announce at the All-American Game, but will commit well before that -- I think it's going to be tough for Washington to reel him in with USC and UCLA right there at the top with them.

DB Makell Esteen - I get the feeling this one goes UW's way. I think they get him...either this weekend or shortly thereafter.

DB Elijah Jackson - See above. I think he'll wind up a Dawg before the end of the month. The concern is USC. If the Trojans offer, they'll be tough to keep him from flipping.

LB Cooper McDonald - Even with Baylor looming large, I think the Huskies grab him sooner rather than later. Texas kids are tough to read though.

TE Ben Yurosek - I think he likes UW a lot, but I think Stanford is the school to beat and they'll wind up getting him.

TE Kole Taylor - Love this kid. After Mark Redman, I think he's second on my board of TE offers. Taylor loves LSU, but there's something about Washington that made him save a spot for them even though they offered late. Penn State is also there too. I think UW has a great shot. I'm dubious on predicting it right now though. I think LSU is the school in the lead right now, but I get the sense UW is the darkhorse here. If they can convince him staying out west is the better plan...I think they'll grab him.

DE Jake Shipley - I just put in a CB for Shipley to wind up at UW. I think they wrap him up this weekend.

DB Jacobe Covington - I think UW gets him. He loves the Huskies, he loves Jimmy Lake and his mom will be sold on the 'Built For Life' program.

RB Sam Adams - They eventually wind up with him, but I think he still takes his visit to Ohio State the last weekend of the month and he takes his time thinking about things. UW reels him in before the start of September."
  • Options

Sources said:

Do you still believe you got Kalepo to change his course last year or was that a joke too?
    No that was for real. He saw my post, he copied and tweeted it, then he took my advice and shut it down. That's undeniable. You're welcome.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    One of the dumbest Eklundisms- "if he were committing today."