Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bought myself a Luminox this year because I can't read any of my fucking watches in the dark anymore. My wife says it kept her awake the first night I wore it to bed. That's a good enough road-test for my sorry destructive ass.

You guys who dump several K into a time piece have my respect, because a kick-ass tool is always worth the money. But having lost a few watches and/or had them stolen over the years, I just can't justify going too far North of $300 these days, just to pay $50 to $150 bucks every couple years for a new crystal.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,092
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

El_K said:

And my third and last watch shot. I was given a $300 gift card as my company cancelled the high performers trip due to da Rona. So I bought this watch as to memorialize that achievement. Nothing fancy at all.

For $300, was the trip an all expense paid trip to Gorst?
    Last year it was at the Phoenician in Scottsdale. This year it is in Maui. They just went cheap for 2020 despite a kick ass year. Better than a stick in the eye and I am grateful. So, I bought the watch for myself as a gift for a great 2020.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    El_K said:

El_K said:

And my third and last watch shot. I was given a $300 gift card as my company cancelled the high performers trip due to da Rona. So I bought this watch as to memorialize that achievement. Nothing fancy at all.

For $300, was the trip an all expense paid trip to Gorst?
    Last year it was at the Phoenician in Scottsdale. This year it is in Maui. They just went cheap for 2020 despite a kick ass year. Better than a stick in the eye and I am grateful. So, I bought the watch for myself as a gift for a great 2020.
    Congrats dude. Sounds like you have a good attitude and it’s taking you places, seriously.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Doogin'

Love the Speedy with the new bracelet. I think that might be my favorite of all your watches.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I've come full circle, picked up the Z-Blue Dial Milgauss after previously owning the black.

The color combo of green Sapphire glass, orange lightning bolt and blue sunburst kicks ass.

It's a Rolex that doesn't take itself too seriously and that's why I love it.

Nice looking watch, but something about the lightning bolt second hand seems a bit gimmicky. It’s giving some Pikachu vibes.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,891
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I've come full circle, picked up the Z-Blue Dial Milgauss after previously owning the black.

The color combo of green Sapphire glass, orange lightning bolt and blue sunburst kicks ass.

@Doogles is such a dirty south paw watch pic guysm.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Nice looking watch, but something about the lightning bolt second hand seems a bit gimmicky. It’s giving some Pikachu vibes.

Skrong DISAGREE!

The lightning bolt is da teats.

FO, G
    Obviously you’re a Pokémon fan. NTTAWWT
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I get what you mean, but once you understand the history of this model it makes more sense.

The original Rolex Milgauss was designed in tandem with CERN scientists back in the 1950s, who's exposure to electromagnetic fields ruined the timing mechanisms in their watches. The milgauss is heavy for its size because the movement is encased in a faraday cage which keeps it from getting magnetized.

The lightning bolt is actually from the original design, it's a nerd watch.

The OG from 1956

First Rolex Milgauss and CERN Archive Image
    It’s an interesting heritage for that watch. I did Google it up before posting to find out what Milgauss was and what the lightening bolt symbolizes.

I knew that I’d get some push back from some of our more unrestrained poasters (hi @purplebaze) with my less than 100% complimentary post and appreciate your Nebraska classy response @doogles.

🫡
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Nice timepiece. Second hand reminds me of Ready Kilowatt.

No chance I wouldn't scratch the fuck out of that watch within 3 days of acquiring it, though.

I'm rough on things. I know.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I get what you mean, but once you understand the history of this model it makes more sense.

The original Rolex Milgauss was designed in tandem with CERN scientists back in the 1950s, who's exposure to electromagnetic fields ruined the timing mechanisms in their watches. The milgauss is heavy for its size because the movement is encased in a faraday cage which keeps it from getting magnetized.

The lightning bolt is actually from the original design, it's a nerd watch.

The OG from 1956

First Rolex Milgauss and CERN Archive Image
    It’s an interesting heritage for that watch. I did Google it up before posting to find out what Milgauss was and what the lightening bolt symbolizes.

I knew that I’d get some push back from some of our more unrestrained poasters (hi @purplebaze) with my less than 100% complimentary post and appreciate your Nebraska classy response @doogles.

🫡
    I've killed for less.
    🥱
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Skrong DISAGREE!

The lightning bolt is da teats.

FO, G
    To me, it's the Rolex that doesn't look like a Rolex, if that makes any sense.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/morgan-stanley-prices-rolex-patek-140000256.html

I don’t know shit but the article seems to suggest a sizable downturn in the prices of High end watches right now…

My thought is that fine art and prized articles of fashion are always in demand... demand ebbs and flows, the dawgs may bark but the caravan continues kind of thing ~ interesting to keep track of
    the details. Maybe this is an opportunity to buy a few things at better prices for those that may be interested.