Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Blancpain is fucking mega baller diver status. Axe @YellowSnow

Best looking diver ever made.
    Doogles said:

I would definitely make that trade for the Blancpain if it were my decision to make. Only part I don't really care for is the date location. It probably should just not have a date wheel at all.

The dive bezel on the Rolex is much smoother and more satisfying to rotate than the Blancpain as well (though the FF is more pronounced and stiff between clocks,this is probably intentional for underwater purposes, however Rolex is like butter on glass and I find it much more enjoyable)
    Why would one turn the bazel on a dive watch without scuba gear on ?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Blancpain is fucking mega baller diver status. Axe @YellowSnow

Best looking diver ever made.
    Doogles said:

I would definitely make that trade for the Blancpain if it were my decision to make. Only part I don't really care for is the date location. It probably should just not have a date wheel at all.

The dive bezel on the Rolex is much smoother and more satisfying to rotate than the Blancpain as well (though the FF is more pronounced and stiff between clocks,this is probably intentional for underwater purposes, however Rolex is like butter on glass and I find it much more enjoyable)
    Why would one turn the bazel on a dive watch without scuba gear on ?
    I time everything, also fidget factor
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Photo dump, also new Tudor FXD pelagos. Titanium with fixed lugs, commissioned by French special forces Marine Nationale as a true modern tool watch.

Notice the bezel counts down instead of timing how long. This is because it's not for keeping track of oxygen underwater(computers do that). It's for tracking distance going a certain direction to navigate underwater in stealth mode. A real modern bad ass tool.

Why do you shave your hand and wrist?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Photo dump, also new Tudor FXD pelagos. Titanium with fixed lugs, commissioned by French special forces Marine Nationale as a true modern tool watch.

Notice the bezel counts down instead of timing how long. This is because it's not for keeping track of oxygen underwater(computers do that). It's for tracking distance going a certain direction to navigate underwater in stealth mode. A real modern bad ass tool.

I don't, I'm white Hispanic.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Actual picture of @Doogles

Sorry about the Doxx fam

Can confirm
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

I don't, I'm white Hispanic.

Only @Doogles can pull off white hispanic hand model in luluoemon sweats, wearing a pelagos doing the cable machine.
    Globogym? Ew.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022
    State of the collection update:

Yacht Master 40 Rhodium dial with platinum bezel.

Biderectiona bezel, more contoured case shape, and polished center links differentiate this piece as a thinner, more elegant option to the sub.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    @Doogles that is such a great watch. I almost bought it but could never find it at retail after the craze started. Looks fantastic.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    That Yachtmaster is way better looking than any Rolex Sub, IMO. Sweet watch.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I paid a visit to Ben Bridge at Southcenter the other day to see what they had. Was hoping to stumble upon a Tudor Black Bay Chronograph but obviously no such luck. Asked about Rolex and got a quick "we don't have any in stock" so I didn't bother to push that any further. Tried on the Black Bay 58 925 (silver) and it's pretty nice, much more of a tool watch look versus my OG BB 58. Left empty-handed and am hoping to land the new Seiko 5 GMT when it releases this month.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I paid a visit to Ben Bridge at Southcenter the other day to see what they had. Was hoping to stumble upon a Tudor Black Bay Chronograph but obviously no such luck. Asked about Rolex and got a quick "we don't have any in stock" so I didn't bother to push that any further. Tried on the Black Bay 58 925 (silver) and it's pretty nice, much more of a tool watch look versus my OG BB 58. Left empty-handed and am hoping to land the new Seiko 5 GMT when it releases this month.

Wait a year or so. There will almost assuredly be some Rolex back in the cases. The watch market is in free fall.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022
    Some of you timepiece-loving bastards better have one of these on your dresser.

That's right @YellowSnow, I'm talking to you, Chairman.
    Saw one of these at Costco not long ago, and durn near ponied up right on the spot. But my wife needed new tires that day, so I hesitated & now they're gone.
    But who doesn't want to look bitchin' stylish in one of these while they're wackin' a guy for not paying his debts?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some of you timepiece-loving bastards better have one of these on your dresser.

That's right @YellowSnow, I'm talking to you, Chairman.
    Saw one of these at Costco not long ago, and durn near ponied up right on the spot. But my wife needed new tires that day, so I hesitated & now they're gone.
    But who doesn't want to look bitchin' stylish in one of these while they're wackin' a guy for not paying his debts?

I have definitely sexted @Swaye costco watch pics live while out shopping for the comedy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Needed a new band on my Doog Watch (I do claim I have the doogiest watch) the original leather band broke. The other thing I wanted was a picture of someone's wrist without it being pasty white. Go back to the OPs original post and comments were how white the wrist was - albeit sexy - (I think that was @Doog_de_Jour)

and a close up of the new band with the 'safety' clip that stops the band from accidentally opening up and falling off your wrist. Now when I catch my watch on an object it will rip my entire wrist and hand off. The watch will be saved so it is OK - the little black thingie extending out is the lock clip. I did notice on a previous picture of someone's pasty white wrist that it seems expensive watches already have that - not my cheapos

Just saw the Doog watch and am jealous
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @Doogles watch game is a cruel temptress

Both those watches are nails.