Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For reference here is the Traditional bracelet. It's not bad, I just wanted something different. Purists hate it, but I don't really care.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

For reference here is the Traditional bracelet. It's not bad, I just wanted something different. Purists hate it, but I don't really care.

Traditional or GTFO.

Let Omega be Omega.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Looks better without the old man bracelet. Sorry, Yella.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks better without the old man bracelet. Sorry, Yella.

I am an old man.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Swaye @Doogles so where do you see the luxury watch market heading in 2023 and beyond?

Will we ever get back to be able to walking into a Rolex AD and buy a Sub or GMT Master II at retail without having any special relationship?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@Swaye @Doogles so where do you see the luxury watch market heading in 2023 and beyond?

Will we ever get back to be able to walking into a Rolex AD and buy a Sub or GMT Master II at retail without having any special relationship?

Short answer: yes. At the rate it is imploding you will have subs in cases at retail in the next year I'd guess. Daytonas will stay hard to get, but I bet even Pepsis will be in cases in 2-3 years. The party is over. Nobody is buying. Everyone is selling but trying to hold artificially high prices so they don't completely go underwater on stock. It's a mess if you were buying at peak levels.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Short answer: yes. At the rate it is imploding you will have subs in cases at retail in the next year I'd guess. Daytonas will stay hard to get, but I bet even Pepsis will be in cases in 2-3 years. The party is over. Nobody is buying. Everyone is selling but trying to hold artificially high prices so they don't completely go underwater on stock. It's a mess if you were buying at peak levels.
    Great news! God, I hate dirty speculators.

Who buys a watch and flips it? You should love that thing and keep it forever.

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

75% of it is driven by social media.

You can already walk in and buy the JV luxury of your choosing. Big boy brands are next in the coming 12 months. Actually, when I was in Chicago this past August I stopped in the big boutique on the Magnificent Mile and they had some Rolex in cases and available. Not the GMT, Daytona type stuff, but 2 years ago there was nothing at any AD's.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

You can already walk in and buy the JV luxury of your choosing. Big boy brands are next in the coming 12 months. Actually, when I was in Chicago this past August I stopped in the big boutique on the Magnificent Mile and they had some Rolex in cases and available. Not the GMT, Daytona type stuff, but 2 years ago there was nothing at any AD's.
    I was at a very large AD in Newport Beach / Fashion Island this summer where we had bought a Rolex Date Just for Mrs. Snow a few years back . They had plenty of JV Tudor inventory and Omegas. And a few Rolex tool watches (for display only) in the cases.

Being that only Mrs Snow gets nice things, I didn't get a new Tudor or Omega. Instead I got to get my 28 year old Seamaster PRO serviced.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

This is a bit out of date @BleachedAnusDawg but the article posits that crypto speculator douche bags were driving up prices too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-29/the-crypto-collapse-has-flooded-the-market-with-rolex-and-patek
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

The Jacob & Co. stuff is heinous, IMO. Also the blinged out stuff, even if it's factory like that Rolex Tiger. Who am I to smack talk a guy who has millions in watches, though?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

This thread needs more Cartier.

Tank Louis Cartier and Tank Must - the anthracite grey with the rose gold is nails

Ballon Bleu de Cartier - usually I’m not a big fan of the diamonds on the dial face, but this is really pretty

A @Doogles favorite, the Santos - I dig the BAMA color-way

My Dog and watch because I'm gay.

The Bama Santos is the santos-dumont. A little dressier than mine. Beautiful all around.

It's been awhile so maybe already posted, but I used to have the green tank must and still have a dinky vintage gold plated must from way back.

Need more Omega SMP Hulk for fast strategy, impulsive nut jerb.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Good thread bump.

I'm back to slumming it looking at Seikos and microbrands. Currently looking for a wannabe Daytona, as well as some kind of GMT now that Seiko has released a cheap "office GMT" movement.

I keep coming back to this since it's solar and would be cheap to own and no maintenance.

Never be ashamed to speak of Seikos around me. I know I’ve posted several Grand Seikos in this thread. I also dig the Presages for something dressy.

I don’t know if you’re into divers, but I guess they make a Pepsi version of the “Arnie”:

https://huckberry.com/store/seiko/category/p/67493-prospex-arnie-watch
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

This thread needs more Cartier.

Tank Louis Cartier and Tank Must - the anthracite grey with the rose gold is nails

Ballon Bleu de Cartier - usually I’m not a big fan of the diamonds on the dial face, but this is really pretty

A @Doogles favorite, the Santos - I dig the BAMA color-way

My Dog and watch because I'm gay.

The Bama Santos is the santos-dumont. A little dressier than mine. Beautiful all around.

It's been awhile so maybe already posted, but I used to have the green tank must and still have a dinky vintage gold plated must from way back.

Wait, did you get rid of your Milgluass? If so, that makes me sad.

And I love the painting. ☺️