Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,486
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Good thread bump.

I'm back to slumming it looking at Seikos and microbrands. Currently looking for a wannabe Daytona, as well as some kind of GMT now that Seiko has released a cheap "office GMT" movement.

I keep coming back to this since it's solar and would be cheap to own and no maintenance.

Never be ashamed to speak of Seikos around me. I know I’ve posted several Grand Seikos in this thread. I also dig the Presages for something dressy.

I don’t know if you’re into divers, but I guess they make a Pepsi version of the “Arnie”:

https://huckberry.com/store/seiko/category/p/67493-prospex-arnie-watch
    The Arnie is badass. Probably too big for my wrist, though.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

This thread needs more Cartier.

Tank Louis Cartier and Tank Must - the anthracite grey with the rose gold is nails

Ballon Bleu de Cartier - usually I’m not a big fan of the diamonds on the dial face, but this is really pretty

A @Doogles favorite, the Santos - I dig the BAMA color-way

My Dog and watch because I'm gay.

The Bama Santos is the santos-dumont. A little dressier than mine. Beautiful all around.

It's been awhile so maybe already posted, but I used to have the green tank must and still have a dinky vintage gold plated must from way back.

Wait, did you get rid of your Milgluass? If so, that makes me sad.

And I love the painting. ☺️
    I've turned over a few rolexes, right now the CHNR (root beer gmt) is the only one I own. I will get the Z-blue Milgauss soon, I do miss it and it fits my personality.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Good thread bump.

I'm back to slumming it looking at Seikos and microbrands. Currently looking for a wannabe Daytona, as well as some kind of GMT now that Seiko has released a cheap "office GMT" movement.

I keep coming back to this since it's solar and would be cheap to own and no maintenance.

Never be ashamed to speak of Seikos around me. I know I’ve posted several Grand Seikos in this thread. I also dig the Presages for something dressy.

I don’t know if you’re into divers, but I guess they make a Pepsi version of the “Arnie”:

https://huckberry.com/store/seiko/category/p/67493-prospex-arnie-watch
    The Arnie is badass. Probably too big for my little girly man wrist, though.

😉😚
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

@Swaye @Doogles so where do you see the luxury watch market heading in 2023 and beyond?

Will we ever get back to be able to walking into a Rolex AD and buy a Sub or GMT Master II at retail without having any special relationship?

Short answer: yes. At the rate it is imploding you will have subs in cases at retail in the next year I'd guess. Daytonas will stay hard to get, but I bet even Pepsis will be in cases in 2-3 years. The party is over. Nobody is buying. Everyone is selling but trying to hold artificially high prices so they don't completely go underwater on stock. It's a mess if you were buying at peak levels.
    Great news! God, I hate dirty speculators.

Who buys a watch and flips it? You should love that thing and keep it forever.

75% of it is driven by social media.

You can already walk in and buy the JV luxury of your choosing. Big boy brands are next in the coming 12 months. Actually, when I was in Chicago this past August I stopped in the big boutique on the Magnificent Mile and they had some Rolex in cases and available. Not the GMT, Daytona type stuff, but 2 years ago there was nothing at any AD's.
    So tying this in from the Gladiator thread threadjacking, @BleachedAnusDawg , I think the past few years of being a watch poser following the hobby a bit, have made me Team Omega, even if we do get to the point where one can walk into an AD and buy a Sub or GMT at retail.

I was staying the Ritz Kapalua Bay in October for wedding and did quite a bit of watch observing. It seemed like every other rich, douche canoe, JAG, had a stainless, black dial Sub. Don't get me wrong, I love that watch and it's a classic, but they seem kind of cliche to me now. It's almost like a I get more watch lust when I see some dude wearing a Speedmaster or Seamaster.
    I would have never bought the Tudor for myself (or even seriously tried to raise it with the Mrs. as a good idea to spend $4k) had it not been a gift from her. Rolex? Hilarious to even think about dropping that kind of money on a watch and the wait-list stuff is not my kind of thing. I like much of what Omega has to offer. Would be very happy with the Seamaster 300 '57, new Speedy, etc.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

@Swaye @Doogles so where do you see the luxury watch market heading in 2023 and beyond?

Will we ever get back to be able to walking into a Rolex AD and buy a Sub or GMT Master II at retail without having any special relationship?

Short answer: yes. At the rate it is imploding you will have subs in cases at retail in the next year I'd guess. Daytonas will stay hard to get, but I bet even Pepsis will be in cases in 2-3 years. The party is over. Nobody is buying. Everyone is selling but trying to hold artificially high prices so they don't completely go underwater on stock. It's a mess if you were buying at peak levels.

You can already walk in and buy the JV luxury of your choosing. Big boy brands are next in the coming 12 months. Actually, when I was in Chicago this past August I stopped in the big boutique on the Magnificent Mile and they had some Rolex in cases and available. Not the GMT, Daytona type stuff, but 2 years ago there was nothing at any AD's.
    So tying this in from the Gladiator thread threadjacking, @BleachedAnusDawg , I think the past few years of being a watch poser following the hobby a bit, have made me Team Omega, even if we do get to the point where one can walk into an AD and buy a Sub or GMT at retail.

I was staying the Ritz Kapalua Bay in October for wedding and did quite a bit of watch observing. It seemed like every other rich, douche canoe, JAG, had a stainless, black dial Sub. Don't get me wrong, I love that watch and it's a classic, but they seem kind of cliche to me now. It's almost like a I get more watch lust when I see some dude wearing a Speedmaster or Seamaster.
    TYFYS
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022

Swaye said:

I would have never bought the Tudor for myself (or even seriously tried to raise it with the Mrs. as a good idea to spend $4k) had it not been a gift from her. Rolex? Hilarious to even think about dropping that kind of money on a watch and the wait-list stuff is not my kind of thing. I like much of what Omega has to offer. Would be very happy with the Seamaster 300 '57, new Speedy, etc.
    It was a great gift. But still I don’t think a Tudor is an unreasonable, aspirational purchase for a middle class rich guy. Rolex used to be this, but no more.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2022
    Swaye said:

Random thoughts. Rolex is gay. Tudor and Omega are where it is at now if you want a good tool watch and no games.

@Doogles love the Zeus painting (yes I doxxed your dog). DO you think that guy would do one for me of my Panerai with a burning wagon in the background?

Seikos are awesome. So are G-Shocks. We need more G-Shocks in this thread.

@Doog_de_Jour you need to quit the foreplay and get a Cartier.

Couple of G-shocks on my short-list.

Full metal Casioak.

Mudmaster. The name makes me think of a dirty mudbutt in need of a bleach cleansing.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Random thoughts. Rolex is gay. Tudor and Omega are where it is at now if you want a good tool watch and no games.

@Doogles love the Zeus painting (yes I doxxed your dog). DO you think that guy would do one for me of my Panerai with a burning wagon in the background?

Seikos are awesome. So are G-Shocks. We need more G-Shocks in this thread.

@Doog_de_Jour you need to quit the foreplay and get a Cartier.

I still think Rolex is awesome, but it's definitely gay. Too many crypto bros and nouve riche Chinese, A-rabs, etc, fagged out the brand.

Yeah in 2018 Rolex was still Rolex. Now you can't swing a dead cat in any major city without hitting 12 dudes under 30 who are wearing them. Everyone has a Rolex. Especially douchey new money losers. Tudor/Omega if you want a tool watch, and then skip right to real money watches like AP/Patek/Journe if you want to actually wear something that not every tech bro in the county has on. Cartier if you want to be different and on your own program. I own one Rolex now. Doubt I'll buy another. Brand has been ruined. Plus Rolex, as a brand, is a giant asshole.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

Here is my Bulova. It was a gift from an old boss back in 2008 or so? I am guessing he didn’t want it and regifted to me. I didn’t say no to a free watch. If you wear it for a week it will make your wrist bald in one spot. Again, I am no fancy lad!

And I will skip from buying a Rolex. Don’t want to be a faggy homo!
    Years ago, like 20 or so there was a Rolex billboard on the corner of Eastlake and Nickerson I believe. Right near the Fremont bridge. Someone had written Schmolex below the Rolex. Still makes me laugh to this day. Rolex Schmolex.

That's funny. Nice watch as well.

I'm just glad @Swaye is here to save me from me a faggy , Rolex homo.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Found the hairy wrist fetish page, knew this place had to have one