Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Brown, 2021 4* LB, Lebanon (OR), (Offered 5/17/19)

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Eklund is a retard. Ethan Calvert plays true OLB in his high school defense because they run a 4-3. In UW's 4-2 defense, OLB is a DE. UW does not want him as a DE. He will get zero DE experience in high school. He's one of the best off-the-ball linebackers in his class. You don't try to turn him into a project DE in college. That's retarded. Yes, we have guys on the team right now that play both ILB and OLB. That's because they both played DE/OLB in high school and have the versatile skill set and experience to do so. Calvert won't. He's an ILB recruit for UW.

So you think our SAM is the near equivalent of a 4-3 DE? I swear this fucking topic repeats itself every summer.
    It's a weak side DE position that drops into a basic zone coverage in the flat on occasion. It's a Von Miller kind of position. You're right it does. I don't know how the fuck people don't get it by now.
    Yes I agree, just like Von Miller, the outside linebacker. Anyways, trying to strictly label SAM as either an OLB or a DE is flagrantly wrong. It's obviously a hybrid position with elements of both. Yet that didn't stop you from going full Ballz on Teq.

But we've had this exact discussion before, so let's skip the next five pages of replies.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

Eklund is a retard. Ethan Calvert plays true OLB in his high school defense because they run a 4-3. In UW's 4-2 defense, OLB is a DE. UW does not want him as a DE. He will get zero DE experience in high school. He's one of the best off-the-ball linebackers in his class. You don't try to turn him into a project DE in college. That's retarded. Yes, we have guys on the team right now that play both ILB and OLB. That's because they both played DE/OLB in high school and have the versatile skill set and experience to do so. Calvert won't. He's an ILB recruit for UW.

So you think our SAM is the near equivalent of a 4-3 DE? I swear this fucking topic repeats itself every summer.
    It's a weak side DE position that drops into a basic zone coverage in the flat on occasion. It's a Von Miller kind of position. You're right it does. I don't know how the fuck people don't get it by now.
    Yes I agree, just like Von Miller, the outside linebacker. Anyways, trying to strictly label SAM as either an OLB or a DE is flagrantly wrong. It's obviously a hybrid position with elements of both. Yet that didn't stop you from going full Ballz on Teq.

But we've had this exact discussion before, so let's skip the next five pages of replies.
    It's 80%-95% a defensive end position. It varies based on personnel.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019

It's 80% a defensive end position.
    That plays standing up and is recruited for LB body types.

Furthermore, we've had far more players move back and forth between ILB and SAM than we have between SAM and DL.

It's its own thing but it's more a LB than a DL.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

Furthermore, we've had far more players move back and forth between ILB and SAM than we have between SAM and DL.

No, it's not. We try to recruit DE body types for it. Myles Rice, Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Ryan Bowman. Buck and SAM are interchangeable and every guy has to know and play both positions. The body types range mostly from 240-275 pounds. It's a DE position. We don't want a lot of tweeners who are too small to hold the edge against the run like Ngata. When they recruited him, they thought he's be able to bulk up more than he has.

If they play DE the vast majority of the time it's a fucking DE position you idiot.

Fucking Coach K has corrected the stupid ass media on this shit a million times. He says "we call them outside linebackers but they're basically defensive ends in our defense." But you just want to keep going round and round and round every year on this shit that is plain as day.
  • Options

dnc said:

No, it's not. We try to recruit DE body types for it. Myles Rice, Zion Tupuola-Fetui, Ryan Bowman. Buck and SAM are interchangeable and every guy has to know and play both positions. The body types range mostly from 240-275 pounds. It's a DE position. We don't want a lot of tweeners who are too small to hold the edge against the run like Ngata. When they recruited him, they thought he's be able to bulk up more than he has.

If they play DE the vast majority of the time it's a fucking DE position you idiot.

Fucking Coach K has corrected the stupid ass media on this shit a million times. He says "we call them outside linebackers but they're basically defensive ends in our defense."
    You had to list Myles Rice and a fucking walk on to get to three examples.

You already lost.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Fucking Coach K has corrected the stupid ass media on this shit a million times. He says "we call them outside linebackers but they're basically defensive ends in our defense."

You already lost.
    I could list the entire fucking depth chart you idiot. The only ones that are smaller than ideal DE body types are Ngata and walk on Ulofoshio. But both played DE in high school so it's not a big transition for them to do so at UW while also playing inside backer. Those are situational pass rush guys. Not every down guys on the outside.

Look at our last recruiting class. Latu is 270+ and Trice is 235 and will be 260 in a couple years. That's what we want on the edge. Big and fast and long.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

You already lost.
    I could list the entire fucking depth chart you idiot. The only ones that are smaller than ideal DE body types are Ngata and walk on Ulofoshio. But both played DE in high school so it's not a big transition for them to do so at UW while also playing inside backer. Those are situational pass rush guys. Not every down guys on the outside.

Look at our last recruiting class. Latu is 270+ and Trice is 235 and will be 260 in a couple years. That's what we want on the edge. Big and fast and long.
    Besides Zion what players have we ever argued about whether they'd be edge or DL? There's a full separation between those positions.

We've argued over plenty of players whether they'd be ILB or OLB. Wellington, Ngata, Tevis, etc.

The edge rushers have much more in common with OLB than they do with DL.

Honk em.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

You already lost.

Besides Zion what players have we ever argued about whether they'd be edge or DL? There's a full separation between those positions.

We've argued over plenty of players whether they'd be ILB or OLB. Wellington, Ngata, Tevis, etc.

The edge rushers have much more in common with OLB than they do with DL.

Honk em.
    Benning has moved from OLB to D-line. We've talked about Zion possibly growing into a D-lineman. Same with Latu.

Nobody has ever said shit about Wellington playing on the edge. He's barely 6'0 tall and 225 pounds.

Tevis was fucking terrible at OLB. He was always playing out of position. He fucking sucked. He had to play OLB most of his career because we had nobody else at the time. Playing Ethan Calvert at SAM would be just like playing Tevis at SAM. It's not his natural position and his potential as a player would be diminished.

No they fucking don't you idiot. They play on the D-line. They are D-lineman. Most of them are too big to play ILB. Sure SOME DE's are small and fast enough to play ILB like Von Miller and Clay Mathews, but most are not. You're arguing for the minority at the position.

Your argument is fucking retarded. How the edge guys compare size wise to D-tackles compared to inside backers is fucking irrelevant. Defensive ends have always been a lot smaller than defensive tackles. If they play DE, they are DE's.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Aids. Aids. Aids
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanClaryFSP/status/1148369967638646785

Edit: Why the fuck is this not showing as a clickable pic. Fuckety, fuck, fuck.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @dnc stop engaging in the AIDS. You are better than that.

Insert Grundleairjump.gif
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s a nice little note ...

But there’s something just a tad off to me about directly tweeting recruits ... let them be kids and don’t act like the dude begging for the date

You can show your influence without entering into stalker territory
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

It’s a nice little note ...

But there’s something just a tad off to me about directly tweeting recruits ... let them be kids and don’t act like the dude begging for the date

You can show your influence without entering into stalker territory

Fuck off
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    NOC about what you do or your reasoning
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@dnc stop engaging in the AIDS. You are better than that.

Insert Grundleairjump.gif

It's hard

Haha problem they are already infected with aids no running away from it lol
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Ballz

You are young enough to be a peer and whatnot so it’s possibly a different world you operate in

Those of us older in our 30s and 40s shouldn’t be tweeting up a storm