Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keith Brown, 2021 4* LB, Lebanon (OR), (Offered 5/17/19)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019

Not sure if it was mentioned at all but I was revisiting his post offer interviews and saw this nugget

"I'm also going to do a lot of stuff with FSP too, so I will be doing that as well."

What kind of "stuff" ufeelme?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not sure if it was mentioned at all but I was revisiting his post offer interviews and saw this nugget

"I'm also going to do a lot of stuff with FSP too, so I will be doing that as well."

Butt?stuff?
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,982
    Founders Club

Butt?stuff?

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Apparently Calvert will probably end up outside, so Calvert at BUCK/SAM and This kid and Latu at MIKE and WILL respectively.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Apparently Calvert will probably end up outside, so Calvert at BUCK/SAM and This kid and Latu at MIKE and WILL respectively.

@Sources?
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

@Sources?
    That's what I'm hearing. That or he hits up Dr. Feelgood for HGH and ends up joining a long, storied line of BUCKs
  • Options
    FecalFeastFecalFeast Member Posts: 497
    dnc said:

@Sources?
    "Not sure if he'll make it up this weekend or not, but it sounds like Washington is in great shape with him. Unlike his brother Joshua, the youngest Calvert is more of an edge player and will likely wind up as an OLB or a BUCK/JACK in Washington's system."

-Eklund's blog post yesterday: https://247sports.com/college/washington/Board/102668/Contents/Recruiting-Blog-617-132927203/
  • Options
    I know it's Eklund, but I believe it, just as they were looking into Botelho as an outside guy. He's got enough size and athleticism to do it.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

@Sources?
    "Not sure if he'll make it up this weekend or not, but it sounds like Washington is in great shape with him. Unlike his brother Joshua, the youngest Calvert is more of an edge player and will likely wind up as an OLB or a BUCK/JACK in Washington's system."

-Eklund's blog post yesterday: https://247sports.com/college/washington/Board/102668/Contents/Recruiting-Blog-617-132927203/
    Did I stutter?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    Eklund is a retard. Ethan Calvert plays true OLB in his high school defense because they run a 4-3. In UW's 4-2 defense, OLB is a DE. UW does not want him as a DE. He will get zero DE experience in high school. He's one of the best off-the-ball linebackers in his class. You don't try to turn him into a project DE in college. That's retarded. Yes, we have guys on the team right now that play both ILB and OLB. That's because they both played DE/OLB in high school and have the versatile skill set and experience to do so. Calvert won't. He's an ILB recruit for UW.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    This is beyond fucktarded ...

Yes, UW plays essentially a 4-2-5 ... but it's really a 2-2-2-5

Depending on opponent, we'll play a bit of a 3-3-5 by getting bigger in the trenches

The BUCK is going to be a bigger player typically on average ... the other side is going to be a tad more versatile as there's going to be more coverage associated with it.

That's not saying that he's going to be an ILB or OLB, just that LIPO
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Tequilla said:

This is beyond fucktarded ...

Yes, UW plays essentially a 4-2-5 ... but it's really a 2-2-2-5

Depending on opponent, we'll play a bit of a 3-3-5 by getting bigger in the trenches

The BUCK is going to be a bigger player typically on average ... the other side is going to be a tad more versatile as there's going to be more coverage associated with it.

That's not saying that he's going to be an ILB or OLB, just that LIPO

There are only three levels of defense. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about with the 2-2-2-5 shit. That makes no sense. It's a 4-2-5 most downs. That's it.

The 3-3-5 is not for "getting bigger in the trenches". It's for dropping eight into coverage against air raid offenses and in 3rd and long situations.

Cool, the SAM backer drops into coverage more than the Buck. No fucking shit Sherlock. The SAM also has to be just as much of a pass rushing defensive end as the Buck. Ethan has zero experience rushing off the edge. Do you not understand what the fuck I just said. Ethan plays TRUE OLB off the ball in high school. Not OLB/DE on the edge.

At what point did you at all make an argument as to why Calvert would be better as an OLB/DE in UW's defense than an ILB when he plays zero DE in high school you fucking moron? You wanna take Ektard's word for it? Good luck with that.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Eklund is a retard. Ethan Calvert plays true OLB in his high school defense because they run a 4-3. In UW's 4-2 defense, OLB is a DE. UW does not want him as a DE. He will get zero DE experience in high school. He's one of the best off-the-ball linebackers in his class. You don't try to turn him into a project DE in college. That's retarded. Yes, we have guys on the team right now that play both ILB and OLB. That's because they both played DE/OLB in high school and have the versatile skill set and experience to do so. Calvert won't. He's an ILB recruit for UW.

So you think our SAM is the near equivalent of a 4-3 DE? I swear this fucking topic repeats itself every summer.
  • Options

So you think our SAM is the near equivalent of a 4-3 DE? I swear this fucking topic repeats itself every summer.
    Calvert is no Wooching. No way he could make it outside.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Calvert is no Wooching. No way he could make it outside.
    Can he play rugby
  • Options

It's a weak side DE position that drops into a basic zone coverage in the flat on occasion. It's a Von Miller kind of position. You're right it does. I don't know how the fuck people don't get it by now.