Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oh Alabama

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,853
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Spare me with your morality. Although @creepycoug would be pleased that they took a TUFF stand and no half measures.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/alabama-abortion-law-roe-v-wade/index.html

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,107
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I would definitely boycott Alabama if there was anything to do there.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Spare me with your morality. Although @creepycoug would be pleased that they took a TUFF stand and no half measures.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/alabama-abortion-law-roe-v-wade/index.html

It's what should have happened with this issue from the beginning. If California wants to make abortion legal they should have the ability to do so. And if the voters of Alabama want to outlaw abortion they should have ability to do so.

Georgia wants to prosecute women who return to the state having had an abortion. I don't know what Alabama's bill says.

What other medical procedures should we criminalize, Alabama? Vasectomies?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Crime rates to soar in 16 years since it’s well known abortion keeps the population down of those groups who proportionately commit more crimes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

I would definitely boycott Alabama if there was anything to do there.

Imagine boycotting a state of something so fucktared.
  • Options

Crime rates to soar in 16 years since it’s well known abortion keeps the population down of those groups who proportionately commit more crimes.

I don't know about soar, but a measurable increase in crime? Yes.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

It's what should have happened with this issue from the beginning. If California wants to make abortion legal they should have the ability to do so. And if the voters of Alabama want to outlaw abortion they should have ability to do so.

Georgia wants to prosecute women who return to the state having had an abortion. I don't know what Alabama's bill says.

What other medical procedures should we criminalize, Alabama? Vasectomies?
    One of the sure signs you're dealing with a gas bag, is when they lie about easily proven facts.

No, Georgia’s Heartbeat Bill Won’t Imprison Women Who Have Abortions

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/georgia-heartbeat-bill-will-not-imprison-women-who-have-abortions/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

To bad the won’t be able to kill them before they are born. Too risky to let them live IMO. It’s cheaper to.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The Alabama Senate passed a bill Tuesday evening to ban nearly all abortions. The state House had already overwhelmingly approved the legislation. It's part of a broader anti-abortion strategy to prompt the U.S. Supreme Court to reconsider the right to abortion.

It would be one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the United States. The bill would make it a crime for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of a pregnancy, unless a woman's life is threatened or in case of a lethal fetal anomaly.

The vote was 25-6, with one abstention.

Doctors in the state would face felony jail time up to 99 years if convicted. But a woman would not be held criminally liable for having an abortion.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/723312937/alabama-lawmakers-passes-abortion-ban

Gas bags are going to gas bag.
  • Options

HHusky said:

To bad the won’t be able to kill them before they are born. Too risky to let them live IMO. It’s cheaper to.
    Besides, you're a big believer in a woman's liberty.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

O'Keefed comes out today in support abortion as a means to keep crime low, and we all know who gets most of the abortions in this country, and yesterday he came out in opposition to the creation of a Jewish homeland.

Can you breath with that hood on O'Keefed?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,151
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    In 18 years when Bama is still kicking our ass in football you'll know why

@CirrhosisDawg is a big fan of state's rights. Pretty sure he is on board with Alabama

It would be funny if after 50 years of scare tactics something happened after all

My advice is for both sides to calm down. Keep it safe and legal in the first trimester. Ease off the after birth abortion agenda.

Every action has a reaction.

My early line has the Surpemes upholding Roe thanks to Kavenaugh. Too bad the democrats want to impeach him
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

O'Keefed comes out today in support abortion as a means to keep crime low, and we all know who gets most of the abortions in this country, and yesterday he came out in opposition to the creation of a Jewish homeland.

Why do you hate facts? Every reader of Freakonomics knows there was a measurable drop in crime 18 years after abortion became legal and it occurred earlier in states that legalized abortion earlier.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Why do you hate facts? Every reader of Freakonomics knows there was a measurable drop in crime 18 years after abortion became legal and it occurred earlier in states that legalized abortion earlier.
    Sure thing Dr. Mengele.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Eugenics could take that much further

Lets do it. Let's kill black babies like the founder of planned parenthood always wanted

• Options

@CirrhosisDawg is a big fan of state's rights. Pretty sure he is on board with Alabama

It would be funny if after 50 years of scare tactics something happened after all

My advice is for both sides to calm down. Keep it safe and legal in the first trimester. Ease off the after birth abortion agenda.

My early line has the Surpemes upholding Roe thanks to Kavenaugh. Too bad the democrats want to impeach him

Roe is a terrible opinion. I also think it is probably upheld, but it would probably have been better for the states to discover on their own how stupid it is to make abortion illegal.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Roe is a terrible opinion. I also think it is probably upheld, but it would probably have been better for the states to discover on their own how stupid it is to make abortion illegal.
    Seems like Bama is doing that

Its the one thing that could actually hurt the Trump Train

GOP types are supposed to promise to get rid of abortion not actually do it

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

You know what, you and I agree on this. Without Roe all of this would have been worked out years ago. There would be some states where abortion was restricted to 1st trimester and then there would be states that you'd support that would allow you to murder the baby as it exits the birth canal but almost all states, with the exception of maybe two or three would allow for legal abortions.