Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oh Alabama

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Am I the only one that doesn’t give two shits about abortion?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t give two shits about abortion?

Yes
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It's not a voting issue for me other than the late term infanticide the Rats are now pushing.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Spare me with your morality. Although @creepycoug would be pleased that they took a TUFF stand and no half measures.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/alabama-abortion-law-roe-v-wade/index.html

I'm nothing if not intellectually pure and innocent. I just like my philosophizers up front and honest. Not like these Christian charlatans who play a duplicitous half-baked game of person-hood.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Spare me with your morality. Although @creepycoug would be pleased that they took a TUFF stand and no half measures.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/alabama-abortion-law-roe-v-wade/index.html

It's what should have happened with this issue from the beginning. If California wants to make abortion legal they should have the ability to do so. And if the voters of Alabama want to outlaw abortion they should have ability to do so.

What if one state, say, wants to make it ok to segregate kids into separate schools based on race. I know it's a cooky theory and would never happen in the US, but what if? Doesn't that seem like the sort of thing about which that the United States of American should be unified? Or are regional differences that important? Just asking the question.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

It's not a voting issue for me other than the late term infanticide the Rats are now pushing.

'Cuz all the old men imagine that women are making cavalier decisions to off the Gerber baby instead of dealing with a personal tragedy. (What Gosnell was doing is already illegal. If you'd visit him in prison, he could tell you himself.)
  • Options

Crime rates to soar in 16 years since it’s well known abortion keeps the population down of those groups who proportionately commit more crimes.

Feels like a Bob strawman ass fucking comment should be coming very soon. I will await with bated breath.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

The Alabama Senate passed a bill Tuesday evening to ban nearly all abortions. The state House had already overwhelmingly approved the legislation. It's part of a broader anti-abortion strategy to prompt the U.S. Supreme Court to reconsider the right to abortion.

It would be one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the United States. The bill would make it a crime for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of a pregnancy, unless a woman's life is threatened or in case of a lethal fetal anomaly.

The vote was 25-6, with one abstention.

Doctors in the state would face felony jail time up to 99 years if convicted. But a woman would not be held criminally liable for having an abortion.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/723312937/alabama-lawmakers-passes-abortion-ban

Gas bags are going to gas bag.

I think they call that a difference without a distinction. Or maybe it's the other way around.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

It's what should have happened with this issue from the beginning. If California wants to make abortion legal they should have the ability to do so. And if the voters of Alabama want to outlaw abortion they should have ability to do so.

What if one state, say, wants to make it ok to segregate kids into separate schools based on race. I know it's a cooky theory and would never happen in the US, but what if? Doesn't that seem like the sort of thing about which that the United States of American should be unified? Or are regional differences that important? Just asking the question.
    No because we don't allow laws to be based upon race unless it's affirmative action and then liberals are cool with it.

• Options

In 18 years when Bama is still kicking our ass in football you'll know why

@CirrhosisDawg is a big fan of state's rights. Pretty sure he is on board with Alabama

It would be funny if after 50 years of scare tactics something happened after all

My advice is for both sides to calm down. Keep it safe and legal in the first trimester. Ease off the after birth abortion agenda.

Every action has a reaction.

My early line has the Surpemes upholding Roe thanks to Kavenaugh. Too bad the democrats want to impeach him

that seems to be out the window in Bamers.

I agree with that approach though, and that prediction.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    Oh yeah, liberals are now cool with segregation, in fact they now promote it. Didn't you get the memo?

DAVIS (CBS13) – Some are calling it segregation and a step backwards, while others say it’s a boost for the black student population. At Cal State Los Angeles, a new housing program opens up dorms for black students who want to be separated from the rest of the campus.

The housing option is generating criticism on social media. The campus is setting aside 20 spots in their 192 unit dorm complex for African-American students and others who share similar interests or concerns.
  • Options

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Crime rates to soar in 16 years since it’s well known abortion keeps the population down of those groups who proportionately commit more crimes.

I don't know about soar, but a measurable increase in crime? Yes.
    O'Keefed comes out today in support abortion as a means to keep crime low, and we all know who gets most of the abortions in this country, and yesterday he came out in opposition to the creation of a Jewish homeland.

Can you breath with that hood on O'Keefed?
    Why do you hate facts? Every reader of Freakonomics knows there was a measurable drop in crime 18 years after abortion became legal and it occurred earlier in states that legalized abortion earlier.
    Eugenics could take that much further

Lets do it. Let's kill black babies like the founder of planned parenthood always wanted

Eugenics would be fine if I was deciding what the good genes are. It's not something I can delegate, obviously.

Sanger was against abortion. But I enjoy alternative facts as much as the next guy, so carry on.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

We already have states that treat illegals as a protected class despite federal law and let them walk on certain crimes that a citizen doesn't walk on

Shouldn't states have to follow federal law? On immigration?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I don't know about soar, but a measurable increase in crime? Yes.
    O'Keefed comes out today in support abortion as a means to keep crime low, and we all know who gets most of the abortions in this country, and yesterday he came out in opposition to the creation of a Jewish homeland.

Can you breath with that hood on O'Keefed?
    Why do you hate facts? Every reader of Freakonomics knows there was a measurable drop in crime 18 years after abortion became legal and it occurred earlier in states that legalized abortion earlier.
    Eugenics could take that much further

Lets do it. Let's kill black babies like the founder of planned parenthood always wanted

Eugenics would be fine if I was deciding what the good genes are. It's not something I can delegate, obviously.

Sanger was against abortion. But I enjoy alternative facts as much as the next guy, so carry on.

But she was in favor of Eugenics and a raving racist.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

'Cuz all the old men imagine that women are making cavalier decisions to off the Gerber baby instead of dealing with a personal tragedy. (What Gosnell was doing is already illegal. If you'd visit him in prison, he could tell you himself.)
    Yes, we know that what Gosnell was doing was illegal. Now you and Rat pals want to legalize it.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

The Alabama Senate passed a bill Tuesday evening to ban nearly all abortions. The state House had already overwhelmingly approved the legislation. It's part of a broader anti-abortion strategy to prompt the U.S. Supreme Court to reconsider the right to abortion.

It would be one of the most restrictive abortion bans in the United States. The bill would make it a crime for doctors to perform abortions at any stage of a pregnancy, unless a woman's life is threatened or in case of a lethal fetal anomaly.

The vote was 25-6, with one abstention.

Doctors in the state would face felony jail time up to 99 years if convicted. But a woman would not be held criminally liable for having an abortion.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/14/723312937/alabama-lawmakers-passes-abortion-ban

Gas bags are going to gas bag.

I think they call that a difference without a distinction. Or maybe it's the other way around.
    Pretty sure there is a difference between not holding someone criminally liable for having an abortion and holding someone criminally liable for having an abortion. But then again I lack your superior education.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

No because we don't allow laws to be based upon race unless it's affirmative action and then liberals are cool with it.

That's a dodge.

The intellectual basis upon which your assertion rests is that of state autonomy. Fine. Let's stipulate that. You toss my example out the window because it's based on something the constitution forbids. Stipulate that too.

But the basis for the state's right to intervene in reproductive rights has to be based on one of two things: medical safety and the rights of the embryo/fetus. Abortion can be done safely. Deaths and complications are rare when done by a licensed and experienced MD. So prohibiting it outright must be based on personhood status for the embryo/fetus. In fact, we know that's what it's all about based on the legislative history of all of these bills.

If the embryo/fetus is a person, then terminating a pregnancy is murder. Our constitution has something to say about that too.

Will you be ok for murder to be legal in California and illegal in Alabama? Is that how you think it works? Should it not be one answer or the other?

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

I don't think all women make the decision cavalierly O'Keefed but some do. And we've already covered your bullshit claims about how these types of abortions hardly ever happen and they are almost always done for life of the mother or 'health" reasons. Rats could have excluded mental "health" as one of the reasons they'd allow for late term abortions and they intentionally left it in.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

That's a dodge.

The intellectual basis upon which your assertion rests is that of state autonomy. Fine. Let's stipulate that. You toss my example out the window because it's based on something the constitution forbids. Stipulate that too.

But the basis for the state's right to intervene in reproductive rights has to be based on one of two things: medical safety and the rights of the embryo/fetus. Abortion can be done safely. Deaths and complications are rare when done by a licensed and experienced MD. So prohibiting it outright must be based on personhood status for the embryo/fetus. In fact, we know that's what it's all about based on the legislative history of all of these bills.

If the embryo/fetus is a person, then terminating a pregnancy is murder. Our constitution has something to say about that too.

Will you be ok for murder to be legal in California and illegal in Alabama? Is that how you think it works? Should it not be one answer or the other?

Speaking of a dodge where do sanctuary cities fit in here?

Slippery fucking slopes the Democrats have revisited just like Jim Crow
  • Options

SFGbob said:

We already have states that treat illegals as a protected class despite federal law and let them walk on certain crimes that a citizen doesn't walk on

Shouldn't states have to follow federal law? On immigration?

Yes, absolutely they should. I've never supported the flouting of federal law. And despite my stance on immigration, I've also not argued that it is not well within the province of federal jurisdiction to regulate it. It mostly clearly is; I mean, what could be more fundamental to the role of the fed?

This seems pretty fundamental too, and any argument that it should be able to vary by state is less than thoughtful.