Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What got you into talking /interested in politics?

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Hard Core Husky?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hard Core Husky?

Castro?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    I have no interest in it
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I came for the gang bang but stayed for the fingering....

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    I like crushing communists in every thread.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

I was gonna leave this bar but they dress super slutty and this hottie Aussie is waiting on me so fuck it

Completely irrelevant but I figured you'd approve
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think hondo and bob should automatically be transferred to separate thread where they can go tow to toe.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LebamDawg said:

I think hondo and bob should automatically be transferred to separate thread where they can go tow to toe.

Looks like this but fat ugly dudes. HTH

photo BF598CD4-3A87-4C82-9749-AF9DBB524704_zpsfny2ols3.gif
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I was gonna leave this bar but they dress super slutty and this hottie Aussie is waiting on me so fuck it

Completely irrelevant but I figured you'd approve
    Ykw
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

The dinner table. My earliest memory was the Nixon Kennedy debates. Then in 64 while walking with the parents I noticed the look of distress on their face as we rushed by the one house with a Goldwater sign.

In high school a lot of hot girls liked politics. That's the real reason I doorbelled for McGovern.

Now I like to argue.

Not the battle of Carthage?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whlinder said:

I grew up just outside DC and my dad was a lobbyist. I told my HS government class in 1998 that W would be the next President.

I don't *think* I really argue it though, I find everything about politics so dumb anymore as it's nothing but cliched bullshit. Detailed policy debates trying to solve complex multi-variate problems are interesting, but those don't exist anymore. Dedicated servants trying to do what's best for their constituents and country don't exist anymore. It's become another game to try to play and win which will burn us eventually.

That's actually happening at every level of government; you're just choosing to concentrate on the froth
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,252
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    My father had a meeting with Wayne Morse back in the 60's. I got to meet him and I thought that was cool and that is where my interest started. As young as I was I knew all about him. Ironically I ended up working for the guy who took away his seat in the Senate. I spent a long time in DC and became dissolutioned with both sides of the aisle and quit it all together but I can honestly say it was the democrats that were mostly the ones that turned me off, and I was an ardent democrat in the early days. I call myself an independent fiscal Conservative now and for the most part stayed away from discussing politics for a number of years but I don't like what the democrats are doing to increase their power. In listening to this current group of 23 candidates for President, I have yet to hear of one thing they are talking about that will heal the divide and be good for everyone. They are dividing the races, creating class envy and doing whatever they can to make people feel like victims. They are doing virtually nothing to lift people up and it is all done so they can get elected and have control over the rest of us as opposed to serving us. So I have been doing small things to stay involved and try to keep the wolves at bay but I am not interested in any more than that. I did my time and looked like Pig Pen from Peanuts when I got out of there.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,252
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whlinder said:

I grew up just outside DC and my dad was a lobbyist. I told my HS government class in 1998 that W would be the next President.

I don't *think* I really argue it though, I find everything about politics so dumb anymore as it's nothing but cliched bullshit. Detailed policy debates trying to solve complex multi-variate problems are interesting, but those don't exist anymore. Dedicated servants trying to do what's best for their constituents and country don't exist anymore. It's become another game to try to play and win which will burn us eventually.

Just curious how long he lasted as a lobbyist and if you can share what industry he worked for.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I thought and cared starting during the 2000 presidential election. Cared even more after getting my first job post-college working in government affairs. The further I've gone in my career, which is focused in the housing industry, the less I give a shit about the national stuff. Local politics are insane and take too much energy and attention, and they're what actually matter the most. This Trump bullshit that people get distracted over is 99% meaningless, unless he launches a nuke.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    My parents were very passionate about politics. "Oh you god damn peice of shit!" I'd hear my dad yell from the living room. So I'd come running in to see what was making him so upset, and sure enough there'd be some guy talking on C-Span with a big D next to his name.