Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What got you into talking /interested in politics?

El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,092
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
Swaye's Wigwam
For me, I am one of those people you have probably met who said they don’t watch TV or sports. But for me I am the guy who doesn’t care about it watch anything political. Uninterested.

When the girlfriends dad comes to visit for his two week stay, he will watch CNN and MSNBC all day long. The minute I get home it goes on to sports as he knows I hate hot political talk.

So, what got you into talking/ arguing about politics?

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    El_K said:

For me, I am one of those people you have probably met who said they don’t watch TV or sports. But for me I am the guy who doesn’t care about it watch anything political. Uninterested.

When the girlfriends dad comes to visit for his two week stay, he will watch CNN and MSNBC all day long. The minute I get home it goes on to sports as he knows I hate hot political talk.

So, what got you into talking/ arguing about politics?

pics?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,896
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Speaking broadly, I don’t like politics – at least how it is practiced today. Most of politics is ignoring basic economic facts, history, science and math. And then there is the lying, primarily from the left, but plenty on the right. I’m a libertarian leaning conservative. I have no interest in running your life. But those on the left have a great interest in running my life.
    I’m interested in history and the future of this country because foremost it affects me and my family. Therefore, I enjoy arguing with facts and first principles. Both of those are like salt to a slug for leftards. It’s difficult for a leftard to argue from first principles if they are “free sh*t” and power. It’s quite interesting on any political board I’ve been on that leftards don’t even try to defend key positions like affirmative action or the fraud of global warming. Get one to define “black” for purposes of AA. Ask how much should we spend on global warming and what it will accomplish. Crickets. Then try arguing with Dan Rather about the fake TANG memos or anything that hondo is promoting. Why Dan Rather wants to be functionally indistinguishable from hondo is beyond me.
    Why anyone supposedly interested in politics listens to the fake news that comes from CNN or MSLSD is also beyond me. I don’t lie and don’t like to be lied to. With leftards it’s their prime purpose.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got into politics when I was at the Central Tavern in Seattle and Tiny Freeman (RIP I think) was there getting hammered and he at the time was a Republican candidate for senate.

About the same time the Buffalo party and the OWL parties were laughingly running candidates. Also, I was with soon to be one of the Mrs. and she was friends with the head of NOW who was a bloody commie. I argued politics with her all the tim.

Seriously, I used to walk into the NOW house just north of UW and ask the girls if they had dinner ready for me. Most of them were dykes and I am lucky I survived or so I was told later.

https://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Maybe-big-living-Tiny-can-bring-character-back-1241413.php
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OWL_Party

This is the only thing I can find on the Buffalo party - doesn't say much about when they fizzled out but I have friends that were at the convention.

http://skyriverlives.com/buffalo_party_pics.php
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

Speaking broadly, I don’t like politics – at least how it is practiced today. Most of politics is ignoring basic economic facts, history, science and math. And then there is the lying, primarily from the left, but plenty on the right. I’m a libertarian leaning conservative. I have no interest in running your life. But those on the left have a great interest in running my life.
    I’m interested in history and the future of this country because foremost it affects me and my family. Therefore, I enjoy arguing with facts and first principles. Both of those are like salt to a slug for leftards. It’s difficult for a leftard to argue from first principles if they are “free sh*t” and power. It’s quite interesting on any political board I’ve been on that leftards don’t even try to defend key positions like affirmative action or the fraud of global warming. Get one to define “black” for purposes of AA. Ask how much should we spend on global warming and what it will accomplish. Crickets. Then try arguing with Dan Rather about the fake TANG memos or anything that hondo is promoting. Why Dan Rather wants to be functionally indistinguishable from hondo is beyond me.
    Why anyone supposedly interested in politics listens to the fake news that comes from CNN or MSLSD is also beyond me. I don’t lie and don’t like to be lied to. With leftards it’s their prime purpose.

TL;DR
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I worked with a hard core conservative dude who listened to Rush and Micheal Savage and shit. Lot of long car rides and her say nonsensical shit to me like "it's proven that cutting taxes brings in more revenue to the government". So I'd research it. He also was ultra religious, hated gay people and thought women who had abortions should be thrown in jail.

Needless to say he'd fit in here. Except he loved the SEC and the Yankees.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Doogles said:

Pretty much through osmosis growing up in Sacramento.

And I really don't like politics, pretty apathetic to it all, but the amount of common sense dumb fuckery recently has been reason enough to defend myself.

I say defend myself because living in California I've been attacked by people close to me for simply saying, "I don't mind Trump".

Furthermore some of the smartest people I know haven't been able to look objectively at ANY issue and at some point the condescending bullshit needs to be called out. It's scary how many people I respect are blinded by hate and incapable of having a legitimate conversation.

You are the Voice of Reason. Objective. Analytic. Guided by truth (not hate). Godspeed.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,896
    Standard Supporter
    Who here regularly listens to Rush or Savage? I don't. Hardly ever watch Fox News. Keep phu*cking that strawman.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Who here regularly listens to Rush or Savage? I don't. Hardly ever watch Fox News. Keep phu*cking that strawman.

Uhhh Lenny, you do realize no one mentioned rush or savage in this thread, right? Did you hear that voice in your head again?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

Uhhh Lenny, you do realize no one mentioned rush or savage in this thread, right? Did you hear that voice in your head again?
    https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1062377#Comment_1062377
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

To be fair, I mentioned it. Although I was talking about my co worker. So he got that wrong.

And yes now says, it's more Brietbart and daily caller rather than AM radio. But it's all literally the exact same information, just different format.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

I worked with a hard core conservative dude who listened to Rush and Micheal Savage and shit.

What a dumbass. After all that ass tonguing Hondo has done for you and you don't even both to read the bullshit he spews.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019