Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Today in JIVE ASS News

Comments

• Options
    Avatarsare4fagsAvatarsare4fags Member Posts: 125
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Does B4L offer Gee Scott? Rogers? If the branding changes how much do the parameters? Do we now make uncommitable offers? Things will have to look different to players like Savell or there is no point in a re-brand.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Does B4L offer Gee Scott? Rogers? If the branding changes how much do the parameters? Do we now make uncommitable offers? Things will have to look different to players like Savell or there is no point in a re-brand.

:|
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

I am glad they are hitting the "draft" branding hard. Said this in the other thread but it amazes me with how detailed and on top of things everything about this program is, that our recruiting has taken 5 years to finally try to get messaging right and on point. Feels like Pete just doesn't like recruiting, so that is the one ad hoc thing about this program.

But new branding centered on B4L and Come to UW to Get Drafted seems like a strategy that will work.

#scoducks#wareagle

Are you shitting me? Of course he hates recruiting.

Imagine making 7 million a year and having to go into ghetto shitty homes to suck up to 17 year olds.

The thing is he still actually does it unlike chip Kelly for example
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,826
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I am glad they are hitting the "draft" branding hard. Said this in the other thread but it amazes me with how detailed and on top of things everything about this program is, that our recruiting has taken 5 years to finally try to get messaging right and on point. Feels like Pete just doesn't like recruiting, so that is the one ad hoc thing about this program.

But new branding centered on B4L and Come to UW to Get Drafted seems like a strategy that will work.

#scoducks#wareagle

I have always hated OKG. OKG is a Boise thing. It's 'we don't get our pick of the litter, so we have to do EXTREME vetting'.

Because at Boise, you had to really make sure you were homing in on guys who would be productive past their rating, etc.

At UW - we are recruiting basically the same kids everyone else is. How hard is it really to scout Bijan Robinson or Sav'ell? Are they OKGs?!?!

I mean - they have superlative talent. That's why we got our shit pushed in by tOSU, Penn State and Bama. We need guys like that. It doesn't take some insane OKG-meter to figure out who we need.

B4L is Washington branding (I believe Pete came up with it when he came to UW) and it suits their current mission much better. Instead of having the undercurrent of 'THIS IS THE HARDEST THING YOU WILL EVER DO - IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO TO OREGON' in our recruiting message, B4L is more 'we will take kids that can go anywhere, and do something with them nowhere else will do'.

OKG is about Pete and Co. prizing slow strategy values and (even though they don't realize it) selecting for obedient, beta kids (yes sir, no sir!!).

B4L is about 'hey, we can get kids like Kevin King (not that he was some extreme knucklehead or anything, but almost certainly a kid we would not recruit now) and make them into big time players and give them a real foundation in life'.

I have ALWAYS felt the tragedy of the OKG recruiting approach was that the kids who desperately NEED B4L won't get it because you are selling it in such a way that it turns off everyone who could REALLY benefit from it. Then we end up preaching to the converted and getting a bunch of beta kids. Nothing wrong with them, but we need a MIX.

As I said on Ep #49 - I NEED B4L!!! I DO!!!! My rich friends who grew up in Magnolia and went to O'Dea don't need it. It's fine for them... but I have ALWAYS felt that Pete's fire for college football will burn brighter and longer if he realizes he has an opportunity to change the lives of a bunch of fast strategy kids who will be used up and spit out by Oregon, USC and whomever else.

I have always felt if Pete could really get in touch with that reality he would really prize his opportunity. And if he realized what a shit-show OKG is perception wise, and what a disaster their 'anti-hype/anti-fun' stance is, and how much it impedes his ability to CHANGE LIVES of kids who NEED it... he would drop it immediately.

White people are really sensitive about this stuff, but it's not that complicated...

For reasons that you will have to pay me to really get into (this is a LONG story)... fast strategy values are baked into black culture in America even if the people themselves are not fast strategy. This is the same in opposition about white people culture in America. In the south with all these meth head lunatics, I see white people talking about 'hard work' and all its virtues (even though Squirrel is not a particularly hard worker).

I love all you white people. Shout out to white people. There is nothing wrong with white people and SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE WHITE!! I have always said, I don't want to eliminate white people from our program. I love Cade Otton and I love Josh Calvert.

But it's more about a message that is not INTENDED to be exclusionary, but ends up being that way.

That's why I really hope they take this rebrand seriously. I don't want to be Oregon. But just look at the team that won the Natty last year. They have fun, they are a bunch of JIVE ASSES... ...but if Pete honestly looks at the trajectory of Christian Wilkins' life and is able (PLEASE GOD) to realize that this OKG-branding, anti-fun/anti-hype approach will prevent UW from having stories like CW's, I know he would want to change it.

I seriously hope they do.
    I hate white people
    quit sucking up to Dennis

Swaye said:

#scoducks#wareagle

I have always hated OKG. OKG is a Boise thing. It's 'we don't get our pick of the litter, so we have to do EXTREME vetting'.

Because at Boise, you had to really make sure you were homing in on guys who would be productive past their rating, etc.

At UW - we are recruiting basically the same kids everyone else is. How hard is it really to scout Bijan Robinson or Sav'ell? Are they OKGs?!?!

I mean - they have superlative talent. That's why we got our shit pushed in by tOSU, Penn State and Bama. We need guys like that. It doesn't take some insane OKG-meter to figure out who we need.

B4L is Washington branding (I believe Pete came up with it when he came to UW) and it suits their current mission much better. Instead of having the undercurrent of 'THIS IS THE HARDEST THING YOU WILL EVER DO - IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT GO TO OREGON' in our recruiting message, B4L is more 'we will take kids that can go anywhere, and do something with them nowhere else will do'.

OKG is about Pete and Co. prizing slow strategy values and (even though they don't realize it) selecting for obedient, beta kids (yes sir, no sir!!).

B4L is about 'hey, we can get kids like Kevin King (not that he was some extreme knucklehead or anything, but almost certainly a kid we would not recruit now) and make them into big time players and give them a real foundation in life'.

I have ALWAYS felt the tragedy of the OKG recruiting approach was that the kids who desperately NEED B4L won't get it because you are selling it in such a way that it turns off everyone who could REALLY benefit from it. Then we end up preaching to the converted and getting a bunch of beta kids. Nothing wrong with them, but we need a MIX.

As I said on Ep #49 - I NEED B4L!!! I DO!!!! My rich friends who grew up in Magnolia and went to O'Dea don't need it. It's fine for them... but I have ALWAYS felt that Pete's fire for college football will burn brighter and longer if he realizes he has an opportunity to change the lives of a bunch of fast strategy kids who will be used up and spit out by Oregon, USC and whomever else.

I have always felt if Pete could really get in touch with that reality he would really prize his opportunity. And if he realized what a shit-show OKG is perception wise, and what a disaster their 'anti-hype/anti-fun' stance is, and how much it impedes his ability to CHANGE LIVES of kids who NEED it... he would drop it immediately.

White people are really sensitive about this stuff, but it's not that complicated...

For reasons that you will have to pay me to really get into (this is a LONG story)... fast strategy values are baked into black culture in America even if the people themselves are not fast strategy. This is the same in opposition about white people culture in America. In the south with all these meth head lunatics, I see white people talking about 'hard work' and all its virtues (even though Squirrel is not a particularly hard worker).

I love all you white people. Shout out to white people. There is nothing wrong with white people and SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE WHITE!! I have always said, I don't want to eliminate white people from our program. I love Cade Otton and I love Josh Calvert.

But it's more about a message that is not INTENDED to be exclusionary, but ends up being that way.

That's why I really hope they take this rebrand seriously. I don't want to be Oregon. But just look at the team that won the Natty last year. They have fun, they are a bunch of JIVE ASSES... ...but if Pete honestly looks at the trajectory of Christian Wilkins' life and is able (PLEASE GOD) to realize that this OKG-branding, anti-fun/anti-hype approach will prevent UW from having stories like CW's, I know he would want to change it.

I hate white people
    quit sucking up to Dennis
    I don’t suck dick... I’ve always hated white people. Since I moved to the souwf...

Is this better in Racist Russia?

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#scoducks#wareagle

This is a great post and basically sums up how I feel about it. We aren't racist here. But the measures we seem to most value in recruits prize cultural elements of shitty white people more than other races (though Malloe has Poly family shit on lock). B4L is a much more inclusive (I hate that word but whatever) strategy that says we can get the most of anyone - white, black, poly, 50/50, whatever.

Nobody actually thinks our staff is racist, but OKG coupled with some of our lame ass white coaches can be easily interpreted that way, unintentionally. B4L has more of a ride or die vibe with some OKG elements sprinkled in. This will work a shitload better than what we've been doing imho.

Anyone have any meth? I'm out.
    , said every racist ever. This is quite possibly the most entertaining forum on the internet--this thread in particular is a gold mine of funny gifs about a painful and uncomfortable subject. That being said, "We aren't racists here" is just not factual. If there's one thing that led to me taking a long walk for perspective once and is on the brink of doing so again, it's that I often get the impression that half of you all are in this picture:

There are plenty of racists on this board whether they know it or not. For a community that is desperate to see young black men playing on their football team, recruiting thread titles featuring "dark skinned," black people being referred to as "the blicks," and basement dwelling white boys going full Rachel Dolezal when it suits their narrative to transparently claim to be black are exactly the kinds of things that, were I a young black man with an NFL future, would lead me to say, "Fuck these guys; I'm playing down south where at least the racism is to my face."
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#scoducks#wareagle

This is a great post and basically sums up how I feel about it. We aren't racist here. But the measures we seem to most value in recruits prize cultural elements of shitty white people more than other races (though Malloe has Poly family shit on lock). B4L is a much more inclusive (I hate that word but whatever) strategy that says we can get the most of anyone - white, black, poly, 50/50, whatever.

Nobody actually thinks our staff is racist, but OKG coupled with some of our lame ass white coaches can be easily interpreted that way, unintentionally. B4L has more of a ride or die vibe with some OKG elements sprinkled in. This will work a shitload better than what we've been doing imho.

, said every racist ever. This is quite possibly the most entertaining forum on the internet--this thread in particular is a gold mine of funny gifs about a painful and uncomfortable subject. That being said, "We aren't racists here" is just not factual. If there's one thing that led to me taking a long walk for perspective once and is on the brink of doing so again, it's that I often get the impression that half of you all are in this picture:

There are plenty of racists on this board whether they know it or not. For a community that is desperate to see young black men playing on their football team, recruiting thread titles featuring "dark skinned," black people being referred to as "the blicks," and basement dwelling white boys going full Rachel Dolezal when it suits their narrative to transparently claim to be black are exactly the kinds of things that, were I a young black man with an NFL future, would lead me to say, "Fuck these guys; I'm playing down south where at least the racism is to my face."
    Speaking on behalf of the souwf, this is pretty fucking accurate.

We work with img and help orchestrate the Willie t talk show. We sell sponsorships in it. The shit we hear people talking about, the reasons they give us for not signing up for sponsorships, wow. Souwf whites (not all) are the worst whites but a lot on here that don’t realize your are in fact racist by your comments. 🤷🏽‍♂️

In my experiences, 1 to 4 million has it dialed in.
    I always say - if you know what a chair is, you're going to be *racist. This is a fundamental principle of the brain. You group things into categories and you associate certain attributes with those categories. Because of that we are all more likely to think Asians are smart (despite @RoadDawg55 reminding us every day they aren't), Jews are cheap, people from LA are shallow... etc.

If you get taught or exposed to more racist shit when you are a kid, you will have more of that in your brain. This is why I don't think it's right to call what goes on here 'racism' so much as it's just free association (though I do find it relatively funny to rile people up about it - however, it's not that fun because people are so sensitive they literally start calling ME?!?!?! the PC-police... lol).

However, one nice thing is that the creator has endowed us with an ability to have automatic associations, but also to not let them control us. We are allowed a second wave of cognition that's like 'should I really ram this car in front of me that's driving too slow, even though I feel like it?' - and we can control our initial impulses and recognize them as such.

In sum, it is up to you to stop being a racist fuckbag while recognizing that there's always a part of all of us that are racist fuckbags. But it doesn't matter. Get over it. If you want to learn more about actual racism and how it works, feel free to pm me but until then: FUCK YOU WHITEY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM

*not racist in the 'I hate your race' sense, tho.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#scoducks#wareagle

You dumb dumb. When I said we I meant they. As in the coaching staff. HH is racist as fuck. Everyone knows that. I'd incinerate half the white people in 'Murica if I could. Messicans too. Hell throw in the Asians too. Fuck em all. (Not a call for genocide).
    Was wondering how long it'd take to violate rule 1.

I had a post lined up that was calling for genocide of Italians and Greeks.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

There is plenty that goes on here that a super sensitive liberal snowflake might find offensive but is actually exaggerated racism for the sake of absurdism, and it's funny as hell and part of what makes this forum so addictive. The invention of the WTE and BTE positions, for example. The whole first page of this thread. Swaye's post in response to mine. Things like this. I guess everybody draws their own line, though, and eventually it's just not funny--never mind ironically counterproductive to the stated goal of attracting kids from all paths of life to UW's football program.

If you claim that you don't sometimes cringe at things posted here sometimes, you're either lying or have a pointy ghost costume in your closet somewhere.

You might have just offended a certain beavlet there.

@BennyBeaver ?
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#scoducks#wareagle

Speaking on behalf of the souwf, this is pretty fucking accurate.

We work with img and help orchestrate the Willie t talk show. We sell sponsorships in it. The shit we hear people talking about, the reasons they give us for not signing up for sponsorships, wow. Souwf whites (not all) are the worst whites but a lot on here that don’t realize your are in fact racist by your comments. 🤷🏽‍♂️

In my experiences, 1 to 4 million has it dialed in.
    You group things into categories and you associate certain attributes with those categories. Because of that we are all more likely to think Asians are smart (despite @RoadDawg55 reminding us every day they aren't), Jews are cheap, people from LA are shallow... etc.
    All these things are true though.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#scoducks#wareagle

You dumb dumb. When I said we I meant they. As in the coaching staff. HH is racist as fuck. Everyone knows that. I'd incinerate half the white people in 'Murica if I could. Messicans too. Hell throw in the Asians too. Fuck em all. (Not a call for genocide).