Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon Yankoff Couch Sale

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,963
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's it, I'm putting selling my tickets and buying rowing season tickets. Anyone know where the best seats on the cut are located, section and row?

Pay Pal me $81 and I’ll get you dialed in.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I really hope Eason doesn’t get hurt early in the season. That would be just devistating
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

I'm looking forward to hating Sam Huard.

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,235
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

God Damn it. Expected to lose 1 of them this spring and was hoping it would be Haener, with Yankoff possibly switching positions. But if Yankoff wants to play QB I understand him transferring.

It is a MASSIVE failure of the staff to lose Sirmon instead of Haener. Incomprehensibly bad roster management.

• Options
    Founders Club

whlinder said:

God Damn it. Expected to lose 1 of them this spring and was hoping it would be Haener, with Yankoff possibly switching positions. But if Yankoff wants to play QB I understand him transferring.

It is a MASSIVE failure of the staff to lose Sirmon instead of Haener. Incomprehensibly bad roster management.

But, this whole thing...

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    God damn Sirmon. The kid is a RSFR. If he can't gut it out one more year than do we really want him? His physical talents yes. He seems mentally weak. Petey really needs to rethink the way he does things. Drop the fucking Boise St. mindset
  • Options
    Founders Club

God damn Sirmon. The kid is a RSFR. If he can't gut it out one more year than do we really want him? His physical talents yes. He seems mentally weak. Petey really needs to rethink the way he does things. Drop the fucking Boise St. mindset

Classic WDWHA POTD ...
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

Dammit Baze! That's not what I said.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

So is Eason flirting with the portal or dooging for two years upfront? It can't be both. I'm starting to think I'm on a message board full of people who don't know shit, and what little they do know they get from people who don't know shit. Otherwise known as "the internet."

Thanks, Al Gore.

I do know that 1-392831 were taken.....
  • Options
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Dammit Baze! That's not what I said.
    You know it's going to happen. We'll be shitting on him on this very bored in no time. He'll suck until he doesn't.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

Good point. But you know Haener is all in on culture, doing the right things, practicing hard....etc.

Huard this morning did say Yankoff cannot throw the ball. Will need to find a running system. This staff should have known he can't throw. Plus UW does not have a QB coach and Browning just shit all over the staff.

Salk, essentially said these QB's have a short cycle to play and if they don't see the chance at the current school they will leave.

They will get through this the next couple years and Sam will be here. You will want to recruit a good QB that is willing to wait for their opportunity. Rare these days.

QB's want to showcase talent in two years or less to get to the league.

Sirmon and Yankoff, though will not fail upward. Competition will be wherever they go and neither has established to be a starter.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Keep in mind that Sirmon committed his sophomore year of high school. To change his mind, something was going on:

"He's very analytical," Sirmon's father David told Dawgman.com Monday night after news broke. "He watches his tape methodically and the rest of the team tape. He's in a situation where he's looking at what's on the field, but more, what's going on in the meeting rooms and the locker room and is this in his best welfare and is he in the best position to succeed? Not just in football, but in life?”

"These thoughts have been around, but you put them out of your mind all spring because you want to compete. That's what you want to do. And he did. But you can't live in a vacuum either. You have to look at your welfare and where am I and how am I? After spring, he made conclusive decisions."

Things were great after his redshirt freshman season. But every so often, he would revisit those questions, and the answers helped guide him to the decision he made Monday night.

From David's vantage point, the clues behind a possible change were visible, but stayed at a distance. He only went to one practice - Jacob's Mom Robyn went to two - but they would stay in contact on nearly a daily basis.

Jacob would recite the statistics back to his Dad from that day's practice. Sometimes there were days where Jacob's stats were great, with multiple touchdowns or minimal incompletions. David assumed Jacob would be excited about the progress being made, but Jacob wouldn't say much. He didn't want to dig into it. He continued to stay focused on the competition, but kept how he really felt about it to himself until after spring football was done.

"These are gut-wrenching decisions that he had to process. He has the utmost respect for the program and everyone in the facility. But you start to hear different things in his voice. You wonder, what's going on? Something was amiss."

Then the family went to dinner after Spring Football, and Jacob laid down the news: he wanted to explore the idea of a transfer.

"Things moved very quickly."

David and Robyn asked the basic parent questions.

"Man, you've put so much into this...so you listen to them. You listen and you want to help him manage these big decisions and encourage them. Don't let small things become big. He spoke eloquently and thoughtfully and with conviction. So it's like okay, we support you.

"It was a collection of things, like most major decisions. It wasn't one thing or this or that. He wants his college experience to be a positive one in his life."

Sirmon also dispelled any notion that there was coordination between Jacob and Colson in terms of the timing of their decisions. It was definitely more a matter of coincidence than anything.

"It's an interesting question, because those boys have become really good friends," said David. "Colson is a great kid. When they first showed up there was probably a little animosity because they were in the same class, but they really are good friends. They probably have different reasons, but also some shared reasons why they both entered."

"We've had no contact with anybody," said David. "He wanted to be all-in and then make a decision. This is a little scary for me. This is a hard thing. Things are changing. Jacob and Colson signed with the first class that had an early signing period. You signed into a situation earlier than normal. When your OC leaves right before you're about to sign, you don't really have a chance to go back on the market. After you sign, transfers move in. Okay. In the old days, that would have all been going down at the same time.”

"Being committed for so long to the University of Washington and not officially visiting anywhere else, or even unofficially visiting anywhere else...he had a lot of offers but he didn't have a lot of deep contacts. He was all in.”

Is there a chance Sirmon could circle back to Montlake if the options out there aren't appealing? The transfer portal is utilized to announce the intent to leave, but a player can also take their name out of the portal if circumstances change.

"I can't answer that for him," David said, confirming that he, Robyn and Jacob did speak with Hamdan for 'several' hours Monday before Jacob came to a final decision. "I'll say it this way; I didn't get the sense that (the option) was completely closed, but I also wasn't talking with the head coach."
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

the Eason camp would likely have told the coaches (a long time ago) that he was planning on doing 2 years in order to leverage himself. It would be very smart for the Eason camp to say 2 years while always privately knowing that it'd be 1 or 2 years.

Despite the problems throwing the ball, i was hoping we'd find a way to utilize the athleticism of Yankoff... Sirmon has had me flipping back and forth between elite and yikes since he was in high school. Yes, the size and arm strength are there, but I wasn't sure he had the ability to become a D1 level QB. I guess we have to trust the coaches despite how disappointing this scenario is.

for me there are some additional things that have happened in the last week that REALLY have me concerned.

- whatever the hell Oregon said to make Smalls NOT show up at UW this weekend.
    - Browning making his thinly veiled fuck you comments at the UW coaches despite the fact he's only gone as far as he has because of them.
    - Emeka spending last weekend at Oregon again
    - not even in the conversation for so many elite recruits. The NFL draft is great, but every top program is telling the 5* guys they'll get drafted and they're putting on a world clas show on for them. We're saying "sit down and enjoy this time share presentation to get your free meal."

I think the diamond in the rough, play with a chip on your shoulder and get developed philosophy works at Boise State, but at UW we cannot blend the ratio of elite + diamond in the rough too evenly because, whether you like it or not (Pete), the elite athletes already have a psychological profile and they aren't going to buy the lunch pail blue collar schtick to the same degree. Once you couple that with we will not be a top 5 team unless we have all DDY3s then you know we'll either be stuck ranked around #15 or have a locker room culture that divides itself.

I don't know what's really happening obviously, but I do suspect that this Fall we'll see either Pete's plan take yet another step forward (prayingdoog.gif) or the Halfbrains will be right yet again and welcome to eternal mediocrity.

Pete had a top 4 team in 2016, but still.

Fix the offense, stack P12 championships like chord wood, make playoff/ny6.

The talent is improving every year across the board, just fix the offense.