Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon Yankoff Couch Sale

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    @RaceBannon

If he were top-10 he would have left.

He played so shitty last year that it was seriously in question. He looked like a project, not a polished prospect.
  • Options

Not really that surprising.

Eason could technically play here for 2 seasons, right? Not saying at all that he'll do that. But if he hasn't played well enough to push his draft stock in to the first round, it's not totally unrealistic that he might play another year.

When Eason transferred in you could see writing on the wall for both Sirmon and Yankoff - they'd have to be morons to stick around. Waste 2, maybe even 3 years of football on the bench and there's a possibility they still never get a shot over Morris when Eason is done?

You don't need to go to a power program to get looks at QB, you need to fucking play. The #1 overall QB picked this year was from Duke for Christ's sake. They're smart to move on and get that opportunity they had very little shot to get here.

The #1 overall QB picked this year was from Oklahoma my dude.
    Oops... yeah not sure why I forgot about Murray. But Murray had to transfer from Texas A&M here he didn't win the job so he could play at Oklahoma... kind of fits this thread, no?

Regardless, Jones played at Duke.

If I'm a 4-star QB prospect I go play at a place that gives me a chance to play and put up big numbers. Fuck going to places like USC anymore, especially if you have to compete with 6 other 4-star QB's to do it. Go to Texas Tech... hell, go to WSU - it'd be smarter than sitting on the bench.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,002
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Theres talk from a few people elsewhere that this is in response to Eason "pledging 2 years" to UW.

I dont see how that's remotely possible but it's the only way to positively spin this so I'll just jerk off to that thought while I cry myself to sleep tonight

Yes. Two years. One on the scout team and one to set up his NFL career.

Hth
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

My sources are saying that Morris has destroyed both of them in the eyes if the coaching staff and that is why this is happening. It's not a haener thing

Wtf all you want you fucking outsiders
    That's a strongballz response if I've ever heard one.
    Outsider heard from
    When you're running two handles, try to mix it up. When you sound exactly the same under both aliases, it kind of comes off badly. Take it from an old hand. I was one of the first.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I don't want Ruth's choice of the number 17 to get lost in all of this. Could be the GOAT Ruth claim, quite honestly.

1. Of course if Skinny has a good year, he can get picked in the top 10. Fucking Josh Rosen and Josh Allen went in the top 10 and there were TWO OTHER QBS IN THE TOP TEN OF THAT DRAFT BEFORE THEM.

2. 17??? Like, surely not 16. We don't know who is picking, but we are SURE RIGHT NOW there is NO WAY it will be above 17. 18 - yes. He may get drafted there. 16 NO CHANCE.
    I love/hate that she has me blocked with no past interaction whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I don't want Ruth's choice of the number 17 to get lost in all of this. Could be the GOAT Ruth claim, quite honestly.

1. Of course if Skinny has a good year, he can get picked in the top 10. Fucking Josh Rosen and Josh Allen went in the top 10 and there were TWO OTHER QBS IN THE TOP TEN OF THAT DRAFT BEFORE THEM.

2. 17??? Like, surely not 16. We don't know who is picking, but we are SURE RIGHT NOW there is NO WAY it will be above 17. 18 - yes. He may get drafted there. 16 NO CHANCE.
    Here's the question, if you could have Eason for 2 years... even if he has a "good 2019-2020"... wouldn't you want to?

If that's truly his prerogative, then fuck yes.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019

@StrongArmCobra

I hear ya. But Max Browne's and really any highly rated QB's huge mistake was committing to SC or a big school that recruits a ton of quality QB's and not a college where he's guaranteed to get the chance to play right away. Browne waited far too long to transfer and it killed him. He was a RS JR when he transferred to Pittsburg right? Killed him. Now he makes YouTube videos that nobody watches all cause he went to SC.

Why would Justin Fields commit to Georgia when they chose a true freshman to start in place of Eason? Was he stupid? fuck yes. He's smart to transfer now though.

Sirmon and Yankoff are making the right decision... use your chance to play or you lose it.

Sure, you could transfer early to some lower level Group of Five school where you're guaranteed the starting job but at the same time how much talent would they have around them to work with? Would that lower level talent make you as a QB look terrible because the O-line sucks and guys can't get open? That's a huge risk itself.

On the other hand, if you transfer to a Power-5 school, even one that isn't nationally elite, you're still going to have to compete against 2-4 other QB's just like you would here. And those other QB's will have a head start on learning the offense which makes the competition uphill battle for the new guy who just transferred in. So you're damned if you do and damned it you don't. There is no easy way out.

You look at the stats and most QB's that transfer do not have success after transferring unless it's a graduate transfer situation in which they are guaranteed the starting job because they only have one year of eligibility left.

Yankoff sucks, he can leave and that's fine. But Sirmon is better off sticking it out at UW and competing against one or two less talented guys, in an offense he has had time to learn and study, with offensive skill players he has had time to build chemistry with. UW is his best shot. There is too much risk that goes with transferring. You can't outrun competition so why put yourself at a disadvantage competing against guys that have more knowledge and experience in a different system.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019

I am fucking stunned right now. When I saw the headline I clicked on it fully expecting it to say Haener and Yankoff were gonezo. Haener's a turnover machine and the writing is on the wall in terms of the QB competition and Yankoff can't hit the broad side of a barn. That would have been totally understandable and acceptable. But Sirmon? What the fuck bro? You separated yourself from Yankoff. You're in-line to be the starter after Eason which worst case scenario, would be as a RS Junior with a super talented offense around you, in a fairly weak conference, playing for your hometown team. How do you have no fucking balls to stick it out at your hometown school and win the starting job with 2-3 years of eligibility left to be the guy after Eason. How do you not see Yankoff transferring as more reps and opportunities for you to get better and show what you can do. Under no circumstance should both of those QB's being transferring at the same fucking time! Sirmon is a fucking idiot if he tucks tail like a pussy and transfers to some mediocre program like Tennessee. He'll end up being the next Max Browne.

What a fucking kick in the nuts after an already miserable Spring ball and miserable "Spring Preview and Fan Fest" bullshit. This program should be on fire right now with hype and excitement but instead as usual, Petersen has killed all of that for us. He and Bush need to convince Sirmon to stay. Just because he's in the portal doesn't mean it's set in stone he's transferring. Could just be weighing his options and seeing who is interested. But who am I kidding? I'm sure Tennessee has been tampering this whole time and trying to sway him to transfer behind the scenes. That was his back up school he almost flipped to when it was announce Eason was coming.

Fuck it! Give me Eason for two years and then Morris, Garbers, and Huard in the pipeline and we're fine. This is why you recruit a QB in every class. Fucking pussies don't want to COMPETE!

A few of the stages of grief right there before your eyes.
    All 5 actually

Denial: I am fucking stunned right now. When I saw the headline I clicked on it fully expecting it to say Haener and Yankoff were gonezo. Haener's a turnover machine and the writing is on the wall in terms of the QB competition and Yankoff can't hit the broad side of a barn. That would have been totally understandable and acceptable. But Sirmon? What the fuck bro? You separated yourself from Yankoff. You're in-line to be the starter after Eason which worst case scenario, would be as a RS Junior with a super talented offense around you, in a fairly weak conference, playing for your hometown team.

Anger: How do you have no fucking balls to stick it out at your hometown school and win the starting job with 2-3 years of eligibility left to be the guy after Eason. How do you not see Yankoff transferring as more reps and opportunities for you to get better and show what you can do. Under no circumstance should both of those QB's being transferring at the same fucking time! Sirmon is a fucking idiot if he tucks tail like a pussy and transfers to some mediocre program like Tennessee. He'll end up being the next Max Browne.

Depression: What a fucking kick in the nuts after an already miserable Spring ball and miserable "Spring Preview and Fan Fest" bullshit. This program should be on fire right now with hype and excitement but instead as usual, Petersen has killed all of that for us.

Bargaining: He and Bush need to convince Sirmon to stay. Just because he's in the portal doesn't mean it's set in stone he's transferring. Could just be weighing his options and seeing who is interested. But who am I kidding? I'm sure Tennessee has been tampering this whole time and trying to sway him to transfer behind the scenes. That was his back up school he almost flipped to when it was announce Eason was coming.

Acceptance: Fuck it! Give me Eason for two years and then Morris, Garbers, and Huard in the pipeline and we're fine. This is why you recruit a QB in every class. Fucking pussies don't want to COMPETE!
    Edit: Hillsboro beat me so I agree with him.

POTD
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Not really that surprising.

Eason could technically play here for 2 seasons, right? Not saying at all that he'll do that. But if he hasn't played well enough to push his draft stock in to the first round, it's not totally unrealistic that he might play another year.

When Eason transferred in you could see writing on the wall for both Sirmon and Yankoff - they'd have to be morons to stick around. Waste 2, maybe even 3 years of football on the bench and there's a possibility they still never get a shot over Morris when Eason is done?

You don't need to go to a power program to get looks at QB, you need to fucking play. The #1 overall QB picked this year was from Duke for Christ's sake. They're smart to move on and get that opportunity they had very little shot to get here.

The problem with that scenario is that he'd have to play badly for his draft stock to tumble. He doesn't have to throw for 7,000 yards and be amazing. He just has to make some amazing throws and overall not suck. And that will happen. Race made this point the other day about Herbert. If you're big and have a cannon for an arm, it's like crack to the NFL. It's worse than 40 times. You just have to not suck. Lack of big stats and wins won't exactly kill him because he's a specimen. They'll say he didn't have this or that at Washington. "Imagine this kid at Alabama."
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I am fucking stunned right now. When I saw the headline I clicked on it fully expecting it to say Haener and Yankoff were gonezo. Haener's a turnover machine and the writing is on the wall in terms of the QB competition and Yankoff can't hit the broad side of a barn. That would have been totally understandable and acceptable. But Sirmon? What the fuck bro? You separated yourself from Yankoff. You're in-line to be the starter after Eason which worst case scenario, would be as a RS Junior with a super talented offense around you, in a fairly weak conference, playing for your hometown team. How do you have no fucking balls to stick it out at your hometown school and win the starting job with 2-3 years of eligibility left to be the guy after Eason. How do you not see Yankoff transferring as more reps and opportunities for you to get better and show what you can do. Under no circumstance should both of those QB's being transferring at the same fucking time! Sirmon is a fucking idiot if he tucks tail like a pussy and transfers to some mediocre program like Tennessee. He'll end up being the next Max Browne.

What a fucking kick in the nuts after an already miserable Spring ball and miserable "Spring Preview and Fan Fest" bullshit. This program should be on fire right now with hype and excitement but instead as usual, Petersen has killed all of that for us. He and Bush need to convince Sirmon to stay. Just because he's in the portal doesn't mean it's set in stone he's transferring. Could just be weighing his options and seeing who is interested. But who am I kidding? I'm sure Tennessee has been tampering this whole time and trying to sway him to transfer behind the scenes. That was his back up school he almost flipped to when it was announce Eason was coming.

Fuck it! Give me Eason for two years and then Morris, Garbers, and Huard in the pipeline and we're fine. This is why you recruit a QB in every class. Fucking pussies don't want to COMPETE!

A few of the stages of grief right there before your eyes.
    All 5 actually

Denial: I am fucking stunned right now. When I saw the headline I clicked on it fully expecting it to say Haener and Yankoff were gonezo. Haener's a turnover machine and the writing is on the wall in terms of the QB competition and Yankoff can't hit the broad side of a barn. That would have been totally understandable and acceptable. But Sirmon? What the fuck bro? You separated yourself from Yankoff. You're in-line to be the starter after Eason which worst case scenario, would be as a RS Junior with a super talented offense around you, in a fairly weak conference, playing for your hometown team.

Anger: How do you have no fucking balls to stick it out at your hometown school and win the starting job with 2-3 years of eligibility left to be the guy after Eason. How do you not see Yankoff transferring as more reps and opportunities for you to get better and show what you can do. Under no circumstance should both of those QB's being transferring at the same fucking time! Sirmon is a fucking idiot if he tucks tail like a pussy and transfers to some mediocre program like Tennessee. He'll end up being the next Max Browne.

Depression: What a fucking kick in the nuts after an already miserable Spring ball and miserable "Spring Preview and Fan Fest" bullshit. This program should be on fire right now with hype and excitement but instead as usual, Petersen has killed all of that for us.

Bargaining: He and Bush need to convince Sirmon to stay. Just because he's in the portal doesn't mean it's set in stone he's transferring. Could just be weighing his options and seeing who is interested. But who am I kidding? I'm sure Tennessee has been tampering this whole time and trying to sway him to transfer behind the scenes. That was his back up school he almost flipped to when it was announce Eason was coming.

Acceptance: Fuck it! Give me Eason for two years and then Morris, Garbers, and Huard in the pipeline and we're fine. This is why you recruit a QB in every class. Fucking pussies don't want to COMPETE!
    potd
    Fuck you and your 23 minutes!

• Options

@StrongArmCobra

I hear ya. But Max Browne's and really any highly rated QB's huge mistake was committing to SC or a big school that recruits a ton of quality QB's and not a college where he's guaranteed to get the chance to play right away. Browne waited far too long to transfer and it killed him. He was a RS JR when he transferred to Pittsburg right? Killed him. Now he makes YouTube videos that nobody watches all cause he went to SC.

Why would Justin Fields commit to Georgia when they chose a true freshman to start in place of Eason? Was he stupid? fuck yes. He's smart to transfer now though.

Sirmon and Yankoff are making the right decision... use your chance to play or you lose it.

Sure, you could transfer early to some lower level Group of Five school where you're guaranteed the starting job but at the same time how much talent would they have around them to work with? Would that lower level talent make you as a QB look terrible because the O-line sucks and guys can't get open? That's a huge risk itself.

On the other hand, if you transfer to a Power-5 school, even one that isn't nationally elite, you're still going to have to compete against 2-4 other QB's just like you would here. So you're damned if you do and damned it you don't. There is no easy way out.

You look at the stats and most QB's that transfer do not have success after transferring unless it's a graduate transfer situation in which they are guaranteed the starting job because they only have one year of eligibility left.

Yankoff sucks, he can leave and that's fine. But Sirmon is better off sticking it out at UW and competing against one or two less talented guys, in an offense he has had time to learn and study, with offensive skill players he has had time to build chemistry with.
    I don't disagree with you on Sirmon.

But you gotta look at it from his POV... lets say he puts in all this work and Morris beats him out this year or the next if Eason stays? Would it have been wise to transfer now, or sit on the bench and have wasted 3 seasons?

I only say this because of the rumored love affair Pete has for Morris.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    GOAT said:

@StrongArmCobra

Max Browne’s problem was that he sucked
    And right now so do Yankoff and Sirmon. Neither has done anything.