Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon Yankoff Couch Sale

Comments

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So is Eason flirting with the portal or dooging for two years upfront? It can't be both. I'm starting to think I'm on a message board full of people who don't know shit, and what little they do know they get from people who don't know shit. Otherwise known as "the internet."

Thanks, Al Gore.

I heard Kyler Murray was going to play baseball.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019

Here's what I'm sure of - unsolicited I was told by someone who would DEFINITELY KNOW - that Eason and his family have been talking about transfer possibilities all spring. Will he transfer, I don't fucking know. But I'm sure they are talking about it.

Also - Ruth said prior to spring there would be QB attrition.

Garbers/Haener/Morris. This is our new 2020 reality.

Why would Eason transfer? Makes no sense. He's not losing out to Morris. Is he?
    Eason has a legit shot to be the #1 overall player in the 2020 draft. You guys have to stop this HH bs and let that sink in.

It's not guaranteed, sure. But in his mind and the mind of those around him, they know it's a realistic possibility.

His career earnings could be around $100mil.

If you were him and you legit thought they were possibly serious about playing Haener over you (which they are sure as shit making it appear that way), and you felt that an offense - say in Pullman - would beg you to come, hand you the job and you'd have 7,000 yards this year... you wouldn't seriously consider that?

Of course you would.

You guys think too much like sports radio callers and not enough like players.
    Skinny does like dem tittays...for sure he took note of all the fine daddy issue poontang Minshew pulled in six months.

7000 yards and an endless supply of squish...it’s possible, I suppose.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Theres talk from a few people elsewhere that this is in response to Eason "pledging 2 years" to UW.

I dont see how that's remotely possible but it's the only way to positively spin this so I'll just jerk off to that thought while I cry myself to sleep tonight

Yeah, sure - he pledged two years. lol

I'm sure if he happens to win the Heisman and see it all culminate in a 6 pt first round loss to Okla in the playoffs where he has 500 yards to cap off his amazing season... and everyone knows he's the top pick in the draft... I'm sure this pledge will be iron clad.
    Sounds like a likely scenario. I see your point.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Here's what I'm sure of - unsolicited I was told by someone who would DEFINITELY KNOW - that Eason and his family have been talking about transfer possibilities all spring. Will he transfer, I don't fucking know. But I'm sure they are talking about it.

Eason has a legit shot to be the #1 overall player in the 2020 draft. You guys have to stop this HH bs and let that sink in.

It's not guaranteed, sure. But in his mind and the mind of those around him, they know it's a realistic possibility.

If you were him and you legit thought they were possibly serious about playing Haener over you (which they are sure as shit making it appear that way), and you felt that an offense - say in Pullman - would beg you to come, hand you the job and you'd have 7,000 yards this year... you wouldn't seriously consider that?

Of course you would.

He hasn’t graduated yet though has he? I don’t think he’s sitting out another year.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Jason Scrempos is in the portal, too.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Sirmon is QB 66 in the portal this year.
    Yankoff is QB 67.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Of course you would.

He hasn’t graduated yet though has he? I don’t think he’s sitting out another year.
    God, you guys live in the past.

Did Tate Martell graduate? How about Justin Fields?

All you do these days is say 'I was lied to' and you get a waiver.
  • Options

From one old man to another Shane, you're right but its 2019 now.

These are not your 1991 DAWGS
    Sirmon watched a fucking midget take all the fucking reps during the spring thing. I find it bizarre that everyone thinks Pete - WHO HAS A FUCKING TRACK RECORD OF FUCKING UP THE QB POSITION - is blameless and Sirmon and Yankoff (who everyone here was convinced was the second coming) are the assholes.
  • Options

Of course you would.

This is true. Obviously no draft is created equal but if Josh Allen is the #7 pick and Daniel freaking Jones is #6, Eason is no lower than those guys. He knows this.
    FINALLY SOMEONE SEES FUCKING REALITY.

Do you think Skinny didn't notice Josh Allen going 7th???? Foh
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

My sources are saying that Morris has destroyed both of them in the eyes if the coaching staff and that is why this is happening. It's not a haener thing

Wtf all you want you fucking outsiders
    That's a strongballz response if I've ever heard one.
    Outsider heard from
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019
    Not really that surprising.

Eason could technically play here for 2 seasons, right? Not saying at all that he'll do that. But if he hasn't played well enough to push his draft stock in to the first round, it's not totally unrealistic that he might play another year.

When Eason transferred in you could see writing on the wall for both Sirmon and Yankoff - they'd have to be morons to stick around. Waste 2, maybe even 3 years of football on the bench and there's a possibility they still never get a shot over Morris when Eason is done?

You don't need to go to a power program to get looks at QB, you need to fucking play. The #1 overall QB picked this year was from Duke for Christ's sake. They're smart to move on and get that opportunity they had very little shot to get here.

• Options

Eason could technically play here for 2 seasons, right? Not saying at all that he'll do that. But if he hasn't played well enough to push his draft stock in to the first round, it's not totally unrealistic that he might play another year.

When Eason transferred in you could see writing on the wall for both Sirmon and Yankoff - they'd have to be morons to stick around. Waste 2, maybe even 3 years of football on the bench and there's a possibility they still never get a shot over Morris when Eason is done?

You don't need to go to a power program to get looks at QB, you need to fucking play. The #1 overall QB picked this year was from Duke for Christ's sake. They're smart to move on and get that opportunity they had very little shot to get here.

Skinny will be a top 10 pick unless he fucking sucks. Justin Herbert can't hit the broad side of a barn 40% of the time and he'll go top 10.

The chances than Eason is around for 2020 are basically zero.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Skinny will be a top 10 pick unless he fucking sucks. Justin Herbert can't hit the broad side of a barn 40% of the time and he'll go top 10.

The chances than Eason is around for 2020 are basically zero.
    Eh maybe... but don't forget why Herbert is still at Oregon. Everyone predicted he'd be a top-10 pick at the beginning of last year. He didn't have a great season and he chose to stick around because I think his draft stock took a hit.

Same could happen for Eason. It's clear he has all the tools... but he could have a year like Herbert who also has all the tools.
  • Options

I am fucking stunned right now. When I saw the headline I clicked on it fully expecting it to say Haener and Yankoff were gonezo. Haener's a turnover machine and the writing is on the wall in terms of the QB competition and Yankoff can't hit the broad side of a barn. That would have been totally understandable and acceptable. But Sirmon? What the fuck bro? You separated yourself from Yankoff. You're in-line to be the starter after Eason which worst case scenario, would be as a RS Junior with a super talented offense around you, in a fairly weak conference, playing for your hometown team. How do you have no fucking balls to stick it out at your hometown school and win the starting job with 2-3 years of eligibility left to be the guy after Eason. How do you not see Yankoff transferring as more reps and opportunities for you to get better and show what you can do. Under no circumstance should both of those QB's being transferring at the same fucking time! Sirmon is a fucking idiot if he tucks tail like a pussy and transfers to some mediocre program like Tennessee. He'll end up being the next Max Browne.

What a fucking kick in the nuts after an already miserable Spring ball and miserable "Spring Preview and Fan Fest" bullshit. This program should be on fire right now with hype and excitement but instead as usual, Petersen has killed all of that for us. He and Bush need to convince Sirmon to stay. Just because he's in the portal doesn't mean it's set in stone he's transferring. Could just be weighing his options and seeing who is interested. But who am I kidding? I'm sure Tennessee has been tampering this whole time and trying to sway him to transfer behind the scenes. That was his back up school he almost flipped to when it was announce Eason was coming.

Fuck it! Give me Eason for two years and then Morris, Garbers, and Huard in the pipeline and we're fine. This is why you recruit a QB in every class. Fucking pussies don't want to COMPETE!

A few of the stages of grief right there before your eyes.