Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"OKG" is racist according to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,604
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Lost in the shuffle is Little Jimmy never provided any proof of this happening. He half ass deflects when asked.

81% chance he made the thread up, in which case 10/10 trolling....

You aren't dialed in on this topic. It's okay. You have probably commented the most on the thread.

It started on doogman and has been confirmed by employees of the athletic department.

What else do you want man? You are so triggered by this. It's clearly very personal for you. Maybe you should explore your feelings and understand why you are so triggered. Take a walk on the beach.

I just want Washington to get the best players and win Natty's.

Oregon and others will turn recruiting into a blood bath for the next two years with the available talent ahead.

I'm sorry you feel like this is a troll to you. It is not. It's reality.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Lost in the shuffle is Little Jimmy never provided any proof of this happening. He half ass deflects when asked.

You aren't dialed in on this topic. It's okay. You have probably commented the most on the thread.

It started on doogman and has been confirmed by employees of the athletic department.

What else do you want man? You are so triggered by this. It's clearly very personal for you. Maybe you should explore your feelings and understand why you are so triggered. Take a walk on the beach.

Oregon and others will turn recruiting into a blood bath for the next two years with the available talent ahead.

So there is no proof. Jesus.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,604
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

So there is no proof. Jesus.
    I'm sorry you are so angry.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PM to @DerekJohnson We have a classics board for great threads. Time to start a Hall of Shame board. This thread can be the first. This is the worst thread in a sea of shitty threads. Cook it.

PM to you fuck heads:

There is no racial recruiting plan were Peterson favors one race over another or half black or whatever you’re trying to say. JFC this is the fucking dumbest shit I have ever read. Ever.

If you honestly think is argument is being made by anyone you're a retard. If you're not a retard, you're attacking a strawman.

This has been said several times already, but no one thinks Petersen doesn't recruit players because they're black, or because he wants worse outcomes for black athletes. The argument being made is that Petersen's recruiting philosophy leads to less black players being recruited, and because of that it should be reevaluated.

If the way you recruit excludes black people, that's a problem. It's not necessarily racist per se, but if you don't see it as a problem and refuse to adress it, that's problematic. And if put the onus completely on black athletes to conform to a certain standard in order to be recruited, rather than trying to understand their side and try to include them, that's also problematic. If you think the black athletes are the issue, that actually is racist.
    He does not exclude black people. The OKG stuff does not exclude only black people. I would argue it's much more about socio-economic status than race. Is it more likely that this means the Marcus Peters of the world aren't going to be kids that get offers from Pete? Yes.

"OKG" is his recruiting system based on the kind of locker room culture he wants in his program.
    Your first two sentences show you're completely missing the point. You're actually half-way to making the point I was making, the you stumble at the end. The policy is not about race, yes. It's about the type of person he believes fits with his locker culture personality-wise. Agreed.

The issue is that the RESULT of this strategy is that you end up excluding black people because of your narrow parameters. No is saying that happens based on concious racist beliefs, but it still ends up as de facto discrimination, which is BAD even if it's unintentional.

The socio-economic aspect just makes it even worse, but even if I had a thousand years to life I don't think I could get people like you and PGOS to actually understand the concept of institutional racism. Suffice to say, if you wont give someone a ladder our of their socio-economic hole, they're likely going to stay there, and whatever reason you have for doing so is never going to be very morally justifiable.

Football coach doesn't want black players may well be the dumbest thing I've ever heard here.

You literally haven't heard that here. No has said that. You clearly know how to read, so I have to assume you're intentionally misrepresenting the argument you're hearing because it makes you uncomfortable, and you're not intelligent enough to argue in good faith.

11 pages of white people reassuring each other they all get it and it's the minorities that don't understand how race/racism works.

I love you guys licking each other's wounds and saying insane things like "WHEN IS AN AFRICAN CONSIDERED BLACK AND WHAT ABOUT SKIN COLOR?!?!"

THESE ARE ABSURD ACCUSATIONS!!! WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE KEEP BELIEVING THIS STUFF!?!?!?

IT IS REGIONALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE ISSUE!!!! See guys!! it's not racism!! We have dodged the bullet, we have figured it out!!!! IT IS REGIONAL ISSUES!!!

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS

Translation:

Pete set up the OKG stuff to intentionally not recruit black kids. His system is intentionally racist.

White people don't understand this because they're white.

Also, I hate all white people. Except for WTE's and Kaleb McGary. And maybe Austin Osborne depending on his level of production in 2019.

Lastly, everything I say is infallible because I'm black. YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!!
    I really hope this is sarcasm because it's literally the opposite of what Dennis is saying.
  • Options
    Founders Club

PM to @DerekJohnson We have a classics board for great threads. Time to start a Hall of Shame board. This thread can be the first. This is the worst thread in a sea of shitty threads. Cook it.

PM to you fuck heads:

There is no racial recruiting plan were Peterson favors one race over another or half black or whatever you’re trying to say. JFC this is the fucking dumbest shit I have ever read. Ever.

If you honestly think is argument is being made by anyone you're a retard. If you're not a retard, you're attacking a strawman.

This has been said several times already, but no one thinks Petersen doesn't recruit players because they're black, or because he wants worse outcomes for black athletes. The argument being made is that Petersen's recruiting philosophy leads to less black players being recruited, and because of that it should be reevaluated.

If the way you recruit excludes black people, that's a problem. It's not necessarily racist per se, but if you don't see it as a problem and refuse to adress it, that's problematic. And if put the onus completely on black athletes to conform to a certain standard in order to be recruited, rather than trying to understand their side and try to include them, that's also problematic. If you think the black athletes are the issue, that actually is racist.
    He does not exclude black people. The OKG stuff does not exclude only black people. I would argue it's much more about socio-economic status than race. Is it more likely that this means the Marcus Peters of the world aren't going to be kids that get offers from Pete? Yes.

"OKG" is his recruiting system based on the kind of locker room culture he wants in his program.
    Your first two sentences show you're completely missing the point. You're actually half-way to making the point I was making, the you stumble at the end. The policy is not about race, yes. It's about the type of person he believes fits with his locker culture personality-wise. Agreed.

The issue is that the RESULT of this strategy is that you end up excluding black people because of your narrow parameters. No is saying that happens based on concious racist beliefs, but it still ends up as de facto discrimination, which is BAD even if it's unintentional.

The socio-economic aspect just makes it even worse, but even if I had a thousand years to life I don't think I could get people like you and PGOS to actually understand the concept of institutional racism. Suffice to say, if you wont give someone a ladder our of their socio-economic hole, they're likely going to stay there, and whatever reason you have for doing so is never going to be very morally justifiable.

Football coach doesn't want black players may well be the dumbest thing I've ever heard here.

You literally haven't heard that here. No has said that. You clearly know how to read, so I have to assume you're intentionally misrepresenting the argument you're hearing because it makes you uncomfortable, and you're not intelligent enough to argue in good faith.

11 pages of white people reassuring each other they all get it and it's the minorities that don't understand how race/racism works.

I love you guys licking each other's wounds and saying insane things like "WHEN IS AN AFRICAN CONSIDERED BLACK AND WHAT ABOUT SKIN COLOR?!?!"

THESE ARE ABSURD ACCUSATIONS!!! WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE KEEP BELIEVING THIS STUFF!?!?!?

IT IS REGIONALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE ISSUE!!!! See guys!! it's not racism!! We have dodged the bullet, we have figured it out!!!! IT IS REGIONAL ISSUES!!!

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS

Translation:

Pete set up the OKG stuff to intentionally not recruit black kids. His system is intentionally racist.

Also, I hate all white people. Except for WTE's and Kaleb McGary. And maybe Austin Osborne depending on his level of production in 2019.

Lastly, everything I say is infallible because I'm black. YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!!!
    I really hope this is sarcasm because it's literally the opposite of what Dennis is saying.

You fucking idiots keep saying the same shit and yet UW has a similar roster to every west coast football team, racially.

Can't explain that!!!
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is what happens when DDY, Norwegian, and Troll leave the recruiting board and find out not many people share their obsession with race.

This post is so delightfully ironic because only white people have the luxury of choice regarding whether or not to care about race.

You're mad because people are forcing you to think about it when you want to go back to your priviliged position of not having to.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

PM to you fuck heads:

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS

Translation:

Your arguments are vastly more effective than Dennis. You make some good points. Give people a chance to agree with them.

• Options
    Founders Club

This is what happens when DDY, Norwegian, and Troll leave the recruiting board and find out not many people share their obsession with race.

This post is so delightfully ironic because only white people have the luxury of choice regarding whether or not to care about race.

You're mad because people are forcing you to think about it when you want to go back to your priviliged position of not having to.

This SJW shit is insufferable. Ive never once said that black Americans dont have obstacles to overcome that are unique. My argument has been consistent. You keep glossing over the fact there is not many black recruits on the west coast compared to the south. This impacts UW recruiting.

Similar to how no school east of the western seaboard signed 10 polynesian recruits. POLYNESIANS DO NOT LIVE IN THE SOUTH OR MIDWEST OR EAST. STATISTICALLY IT IS LESS THAN 0.1%.

It's fucking demographics. You guys are literally searching for shit that doesn't exist, and Cornell has not provided any proof.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

PM to you fuck heads:

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS

Translation:

There's no need to argue in good faith when you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

PM to you fuck heads:

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS

Translation:

You should take a drive through the Tug to get some perspective on this point. When you get back, I think you'll see @Pitchfork51 in a whole new light.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

PM to you fuck heads:

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS

Translation:

You should take a drive through the Tug to get some perspective on this point. When you get back, I think you'll see @Pitchfork51 in a whole new light.
    I'm all about tits and drive by hot takes and petty insults using the word "cunt"
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

PM to you fuck heads:

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS

Translation:

I'm all about tits and drive by hot takes and petty insults using the word "cunt"
    *kunt
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

As for demographics: you're not building a team based on the demographics of your region. If that was the case then USC and UCLA would have a Los in front of their name. It would also mean that half of Washington's population is Poly.

Except for you are building a team based off of this in many instances...
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

As for demographics: you're not building a team based on the demographics of your region. If that was the case then USC and UCLA would have a Los in front of their name. It would also mean that half of Washington's population is Poly.

Except for you are building a team based off of this in many instances...
    What the fuck does that even mean? Are you trying to say college football teams build their roster based on the demographics of their region?