Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"OKG" is racist according to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I guess my question is, how does UW fix this perception?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,604
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    tvoie said:

Address it publicly and call out the haters. Take gloves Pete. Have a kick presser and an epic hype video for the progrum.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

tvoie said:

Address it publicly and call out the haters. Take gloves Pete. Have a kick presser and an epic hype video for the progrum.
    Stop trolling
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited May 2019
    jecornel said:

tvoie said:

When you call out absurd accusations, it gives them a sliver of legitimacy. Better just to ignore it and let it fade away by winning on the field and recruiting a few more black OKG's wherever you can find them.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If true they probably learned about it right here at HH
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

PM to @DerekJohnson We have a classics board for great threads. Time to start a Hall of Shame board. This thread can be the first. This is the worst thread in a sea of shitty threads. Cook it.

PM to you fuck heads:

There is no racial recruiting plan were Peterson favors one race over another or half black or whatever you’re trying to say. JFC this is the fucking dumbest shit I have ever read. Ever.

And that's saying something.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,582
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Lost in the shuffle is Little Jimmy never provided any proof of this happening. He half ass deflects when asked.

81% chance he made the thread up, in which case 10/10 trolling....
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    11 pages of white people reassuring each other they all get it and it's the minorities that don't understand how race/racism works.

I love you guys licking each other's wounds and saying insane things like "WHEN IS AN AFRICAN CONSIDERED BLACK AND WHAT ABOUT SKIN COLOR?!?!"

THESE ARE ABSURD ACCUSATIONS!!! WHY DO BLACK PEOPLE KEEP BELIEVING THIS STUFF!?!?!?

IT IS REGIONALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE ISSUE!!!! See guys!! it's not racism!! We have dodged the bullet, we have figured it out!!!! IT IS REGIONAL ISSUES!!!

YES!!! DEMOGRAPHISSS
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

I'm glad the wokest and most progressive of our fans are perpetuating the myth that our program is somehow excluding black people with 2 black parents. Not mixed black people, not black people with African parents, but only black people from black American families. How long does Ngata or Onwuzerikes or Ulofoshios family have to be in the US for in order to cross into the "black, black" not "african black" subgenre? Or do they have an African last name so it doesnt count? No one knows except the wokest of the woke among us.

The entire premise is so fucking flawed I feel like Im taking crazy pills. We have white coaches, 3 black coaches, 2 poly coaches, and a middle eastern looking coach. We have probably the most diverse roster of players in the country. We had a Chinese all american play safety for us. Our other safety was black and filipino.

This whole thread is a black eye for the program that is based on a fucking lie. It actually pisses me off. We have a player's mom saying youre full of shit. We have black NFL players that love the program and actively recruit for it on twitter.

DDY is entitled to his opinions, but he seems to be someone who only sees color while mocking those who think people should be judged on merit and character....

Nuke this fucking thread

I love the 'black people are all the same so I don't get what's with all the racism accusations' argument. It's amazing.

No one has said anything close to this. Nice try?
    Wait, I thought Nigerians and the decedents of slaves are the same?!?!! NO!?!?! But they ALL HAVE BLACK SKIN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isn't the one drop rule around any more?!!? What is going on?!?! I'm losing my bearings!!

I love watching white people so confused because they have absolutely no clue about entry-level experiences in black culture and are like 'IT FEELZ LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!!'

Yeah, I wonder why! lololol

Keep going guys, you are doing super well.
    Are mixed black people not descendants of slaves, too? You seem to have an issue with mixed players. Im trying to keep up with your logic. You see, almost all descendants of slaves from hundreds of years ago have some white ancestry.

What percentage of white ancestry makes you mixed versus black? Do you just judge by shade of skin? Answer the fucking question.

This can't be a real question, can it? lololololol

Keep firing away your questions on 'ask a black man'! There are no stupid questions. Keep 'em coming and I will gather them all and answer all at once.

You guys will be jiving with the homeboys in no time!
    You're a fucking nutcase.
    You're the most defensive white person on this bored. You hate discussions on race because it makes you uncomfortable, and you'd rather dismiss Dennis as a nutjob than confront your own privilige.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

PM to @DerekJohnson We have a classics board for great threads. Time to start a Hall of Shame board. This thread can be the first. This is the worst thread in a sea of shitty threads. Cook it.

PM to you fuck heads:

There is no racial recruiting plan were Peterson favors one race over another or half black or whatever you’re trying to say. JFC this is the fucking dumbest shit I have ever read. Ever.

If you honestly think is argument is being made by anyone you're a retard. If you're not a retard, you're attacking a strawman.

This has been said several times already, but no one thinks Petersen doesn't recruit players because they're black, or because he wants worse outcomes for black athletes. The argument being made is that Petersen's recruiting philosophy leads to less black players being recruited, and because of that it should be reevaluated.

If the way you recruit excludes black people, that's a problem. It's not necessarily racist per se, but if you don't see it as a problem and refuse to adress it, that's problematic. And if put the onus completely on black athletes to conform to a certain standard in order to be recruited, rather than trying to understand their side and try to include them, that's also problematic. If you think the black athletes are the issue, that actually is racist.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

PM to you fuck heads:

If you honestly think is argument is being made by anyone you're a retard. If you're not a retard, you're attacking a strawman.

This has been said several times already, but no one thinks Petersen doesn't recruit players because they're black, or because he wants worse outcomes for black athletes. The argument being made is that Petersen's recruiting philosophy leads to less black players being recruited, and because of that it should be reevaluated.

If the way you recruit excludes black people, that's a problem. It's not necessarily racist per se, but if you don't see it as a problem and refuse to adress it, that's problematic. And if put the onus completely on black athletes to conform to a certain standard in order to be recruited, rather than trying to understand their side and try to include them, that's also problematic. If you think the black athletes are the issue, that actually is racist.
    He does not exclude black people. The OKG stuff does not exclude only black people. I would argue it's much more about socio-economic status than race. Is it more likely that this means the Marcus Peters of the world aren't going to be kids that get offers from Pete? Yes.

"OKG" is his recruiting system based on the kind of locker room culture he wants in his program.