Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL NFL Draft Super Thread

Comments

• Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    if Browning’s camp is going to run any more PR at this point pertaining to his perceived lack of development while in the program, this year’s spring preview footage would be some nice supporting content
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I may be wrong but I did a quick search. Since Petersen became a HC in 2006 he has had 8 starting QB's. Zabransky - 06', Tharp - 07', Moore - 08'-11', Southwick - 12', Southwick/Hedrick - 13', Myles - 14' and Browning - 15'-18'. None were drafted. Looks like Haener is our guy. TSIO.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    THE THING IS WE HAVENT EVEN RECRUITED YET BUT WE HAD 8 DUDES DRAFTED
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love seeing our dudes drafted, but going in the 7th is not a final word on Myles and his value to UW.

He was a fucking BALLER.

Absolute legend.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019
    animate said:

animate said:

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

Sounds like Phillip Lindsay.

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
    This is really weak, I expect more from you (or maybe it's exactly what I expected)

- Lindsay was a decent college player for a half-decent program (for the years he was at Colorado there anyways)
    - his physical measurables are actually less than Gaskin. He's shorter with about the same dimensions.
    - Gaskin did more in College than Lindsay did (although if you put Lindsay on UW would he have done as well?)
    - he went undrafted, got his shot and made the most of it, good for him.

But this is what you said in response to me ...

"don't bring this example up" and "yeah, Lindsay is better"

Ok.

- why is Lindsay "better" when he did less in college? ... and when his physical measurables are even less than Gaskins?

You have lots of details in most of your posts and try to back them up with your inconsistent logic ... but you have none for me?

- why exactly can't we bring this example up? Because it's inconvenient for you? You have to think to hard to manufacture some obtuse answer or reasoning?
    He's better because he's better. He ran a 4.39 40 at his pro day. He was the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler. He's one of a select very few undrafted players to ever make a pro bowl. I shouldn't have to go into detail when it's so fucking obvious that he's objectively better than Gaskin. Don't be stupid. I'm not rooting against Gaskin. I hope he makes the roster and has the best NFL career he possibly can but the chances of him being the next Phillip Lindsay are so fucking slim it's not even an argument. This is retarded doog shit. Just drop it. You all were wrong and I was right. That's it. Leave it be.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Jaylen to the Broncos he’s going to make a roster.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019

animate said:

animate said:

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

Sounds like Phillip Lindsay.

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
    This is really weak, I expect more from you (or maybe it's exactly what I expected)

- Lindsay was a decent college player for a half-decent program (for the years he was at Colorado there anyways)
    - his physical measurables are actually less than Gaskin. He's shorter with about the same dimensions.
    - Gaskin did more in College than Lindsay did (although if you put Lindsay on UW would he have done as well?)
    - he went undrafted, got his shot and made the most of it, good for him.

But this is what you said in response to me ...

"don't bring this example up" and "yeah, Lindsay is better"

Ok.

- why is Lindsay "better" when he did less in college? ... and when his physical measurables are even less than Gaskins?

You have lots of details in most of your posts and try to back them up with your inconsistent logic ... but you have none for me?

- why exactly can't we bring this example up? Because it's inconvenient for you? You have to think to hard to manufacture some obtuse answer or reasoning?
    He's better because he's better. He ran a 4.39 40 at his pro day. He was the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler. He's one of a select very few undrafted players to ever make a pro bowl. I shouldn't have to go into detail when it's so fucking obvious that he's objectively better than Gaskin. Don't be stupid. I'm not rooting against Gaskin. I hope he makes the roster and has the best NFL career he possibly can but the chances of him being the next Phillip Lindsay are so fucking slim it's not even an argument. This is retarded doog shit. Just drop it. You all were wrong and I was right. That's it. Leave it be.
    This is partially right. The chances are low Gaskin ever has a season remotely close to the one Lindsay just had.

You were not right. Chris Warren sucked.
    Warren was our staff's #1 RB target in that class and he's an NFL RB so he obviously doesn't suck. Gaskin had the better college career though which I never argued wasn't the case. But Warren, at UW, with our staffs development and our strength and conditioning program monitoring his weight, would have had a much better college career than he did at Texas.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Go outside and play.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Gladstone said:
    @creepycoug both your teams sucks. Way to hatch you wagon to shit teams
    That's a lot of smack for a late 1 and a handful of second rounders.

Act like you've been there son.

And let's catch up in a few years and see who's doing what in the League.
    Take the L. Oregon is getting their asses whooped by UW in the draft and did last year too and the year before that as well. Oregon is drowning in mediocrity. The sooner you come out of your denial the better.
    You're stupid.