Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL NFL Draft Super Thread

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

Where did Chris Warren get drafted again?
    He went undrafted because he got too big. Not because he wasn't an NFL talent. He made the Raiders roster and has a chance to replace Marshawn there. You lose. YOU ALL LOSE. Get over it.
  • Options
    animate said:

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

Sounds like Phillip Lindsay.

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,049
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Stepping on MMFG the day he goes undrafted. We can close the book on your character for good.

We've got all the screen shots we need.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Gladstone said:

Stepping on MMFG the day he goes undrafted. We can close the book on your character for good.

Not stepping on him or kicking him when he's down. But I'm not going to not tell the truth because it's not what people want to hear. It is what it is. If you can't look at our players objectively when discussing their draft stock because you're too emotionally invested then you should avoid such discussions. I have no problem separating the emotion and appreciation for a great Husky and what I objectively view their draft stock as. I was higher on McGary than others and lower on Gaskin than others. It goes both ways.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2019

animate said:

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
    How can you calculate Lindsay is better than Gaskin as an absolute statement?
  • Options
    Gwad said:

animate said:

Because he is.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Gwad said:

animate said:

He can't. He's just a dumbfuck who doubles down on dumbfuck.

Oregon 4th in the north in 3,2,1
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    There goes Gaskin to the Dolphins in the 7th round. Good for him and good luck to him making the roster.
  • Options
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

animate said:

Because he is.
    The lack of data points makes your position unobjective. Your stance is emotional due to him making your girl(moms?) shit herself until proven otherwise.
    I think the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year is better than Gaskin. Let me know when Gaskin achieves the same thing. Then you'll have an argument.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can we finally ban this idiot? He's so far past providing any value
  • Options

Clearly, I provide the best talent evals on the board and am capable of doing so while being unbiased and objective.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'm not one for banning but he should at least donate to the cause if he's gonna spew this must shit.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I looked at almost every RB’s stats that was picked before Gaskin. Most did put up big numbers and also have less wear and tear. However, many of them were also small.
  • Options

I looked at almost every RB’s stats that was picked before Gaskin. Most did put up big numbers and also have less wear and tear. However, many of them were also small.
    Sure, in the later rounds after all the top big backs have already been selected.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Browning undrafted. Hahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah.

Where is that "2nd round prospect" dude again? @CrimsonDisciple?