Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL NFL Draft Super Thread

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I was looking at the Dolphins roster, I think Myles has a pretty good chance of making it.

Also just throwing this out there, if Nate Doggs son and Darren Gardenhire had decided to not be Xanax dealers Jimmy may have had two more DBs in the league than he does right now which is crazy.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

animate said:

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

Sounds like Phillip Lindsay.

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
    How can you calculate Lindsay is better than Gaskin as an absolute statement?
    Because he is.
    The lack of data points makes your position unobjective. Your stance is emotional due to him making your girl(moms?) shit herself until proven otherwise.
    I think the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year is better than Gaskin. Let me know when Gaskin achieves the same thing. Then you'll have an argument.
    The point, dumb dumb, is that you didn't know the NFL Offensive ROTY was going to be the NFL Offensive ROTY. You don't know what Gaskin will do in the NFL. But we do know is that the kid has skills, great acceleration and vision and runs well in traffic. He knows how to get 7 or 8 yards and he's a clutch kid. We do know he was a great back in college. You have no fucking clue how he'll fare as a pro. Just stop already.
    I never said I know what he's going to do in the NFL you idiot. I said the chances of him being NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and a pro bowler as a rookie are extremely low which is true. I had him rated as a late round pick to UDFA for a long time and got ridiculed for it. Today I was proven right. I love the way you pretend to actually care about Gaskin though, which you don't. You're just desperate to try to take a jab at me any way you can because you're a pathetic loser. You didn't answer my question? How'd Oregon do in the draft?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,869
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

His GF is gonna be covering up those amazing titties :neutral:
    Pics?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    $140K can buy him a lot of Chips Ahoy cookies.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    We are one of three schools with #1 draft picks in each of the past three years. Who will get us to four? In order of likelihood, IMO:

Eason - positional value just so high
    Hunter - Injuries a concern
    K. Taylor - prototype size
    Tryon - Needs to ball out
    Trey - Injuries probably make this impossible, but he has the talent
    Levi - A little light. 285-lb. 3T needs to be special, hasn't been Ed Oliver special.

That's it. Need one of those guys.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RealRhino said:

We are one of three schools with #1 draft picks in each of the past three years. Who will get us to four? In order of likelihood, IMO:

Myles Bryant- Projected 1st rounder in 2019
    Levi - A little light. 285-lb. 3T needs to be special, hasn't been Ed Oliver special.

• Options

animate said:

animate said:

Hate to say I told you so but I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO! Who am I kidding? I love saying it. Gaskin was a great college player but is not coveted by the NFL. Every draft eligible RB under the sun is getting drafted before him. The NFL wants big backs (215+ pounds). That's what works at the highest level of football both in the NFL and in college. And if you're not a big back you better have elite speed. Gaskin has neither the size or speed the NFL is looking for. That's the reality and what I've been saying for years. Sorry not sorry for being objective. Gaskin's a Husky legend and that's great. But he is and remains a 3-star talent who outperformed his ranking in college but still doesn't have the talent level the NFL covets. Best of luck to him trying to make a roster.

So, you think that Lindsay way better than Gaskin or is much more suited to the NFL?
    Stop comparing Gaskin to a an extremely rare instance. He's not Lindsay. He's not going to go undrafted and then become Offensive Rookie of the Year. Just stop. Yes, Phillip Lindsay is better than Gaskin.
    This is really weak, I expect more from you (or maybe it's exactly what I expected)

- Lindsay was a decent college player for a half-decent program (for the years he was at Colorado there anyways)
    - his physical measurables are actually less than Gaskin. He's shorter with about the same dimensions.
    - Gaskin did more in College than Lindsay did (although if you put Lindsay on UW would he have done as well?)
    - he went undrafted, got his shot and made the most of it, good for him.

But this is what you said in response to me ...

"don't bring this example up" and "yeah, Lindsay is better"

Ok.

- why is Lindsay "better" when he did less in college? ... and when his physical measurables are even less than Gaskins?

You have lots of details in most of your posts and try to back them up with your inconsistent logic ... but you have none for me?

- why exactly can't we bring this example up? Because it's inconvenient for you? You have to think to hard to manufacture some obtuse answer or reasoning?
    He's better because he's better. He ran a 4.39 40 at his pro day. He was the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowler. He's one of a select very few undrafted players to ever make a pro bowl. I shouldn't have to go into detail when it's so fucking obvious that he's objectively better than Gaskin. Don't be stupid. I'm not rooting against Gaskin. I hope he makes the roster and has the best NFL career he possibly can but the chances of him being the next Phillip Lindsay are so fucking slim it's not even an argument. This is retarded doog shit. Just drop it. You all were wrong and I was right. That's it. Leave it be.
    This is partially right. The chances are low Gaskin ever has a season remotely close to the one Lindsay just had.

You were not right. Chris Warren sucked.
    Warren was our staff's #1 RB target in that class and he's an NFL RB so he obviously doesn't suck. Gaskin had the better college career though which I never argued wasn't the case. But Warren, at UW, with our staffs development and our strength and conditioning program monitoring his weight, would have had a much better college career than he did at Texas.
    A guy who went undrafted and has never even suited up for a regular season game is not a NFL player.
    Lol GTFOH. Anybody who's on an NFL roster is an NFL player.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

animate said:

How can you calculate Lindsay is better than Gaskin as an absolute statement?
    Because he is.
    The lack of data points makes your position unobjective. Your stance is emotional due to him making your girl(moms?) shit herself until proven otherwise.
    I think the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year is better than Gaskin. Let me know when Gaskin achieves the same thing. Then you'll have an argument.
    The point, dumb dumb, is that you didn't know the NFL Offensive ROTY was going to be the NFL Offensive ROTY. You don't know what Gaskin will do in the NFL. But we do know is that the kid has skills, great acceleration and vision and runs well in traffic. He knows how to get 7 or 8 yards and he's a clutch kid. We do know he was a great back in college. You have no fucking clue how he'll fare as a pro. Just stop already.
    I never said I know what he's going to do in the NFL you idiot. I said the chances of him being NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and a pro bowler as a rookie are extremely low which is true. I had him rated as a late round pick to UDFA for a long time and got ridiculed for it. Today I was proven right. I love the way you pretend to actually care about Gaskin though, which you don't. You're just desperate to try to take a jab at me any way you can because you're a pathetic loser. You didn't answer my question? How'd Oregon do in the draft?
    You got ridiculed for insisting Chris Warren would be drafted ahead of Gaskin.

You were wrong. Take the loss.
    Had he not gotten too big, Warren would have easily been drafted higher than Gaskin. Warren getting fat was an unforeseen event that changed his draft stock. So no, I won't be taking that L. But that's another matter. I also got shit on for saying Gaskin would be lucky to get drafted. People freaked the fuck out as if I was crazy and spoke of Gaskin as some rare, transcendent talent. Well there you go. Reality slapped all you motherfuckers across the face. He was literally the last running back taken in the draft out of the 25 running backs that were drafted. He's the "Mr. Irrelevant" of the running backs in his draft class. Eat shit.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,869
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

RealRhino said:

Myles Bryant- Projected 1st rounder in 2019

Bryant at 5’ 8” or whatevs is never getting drafted in the 1st round. Never.
    4th, maybe 3rd.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

I’d put money on Keith Taylor over anyone else. For all the talk about how competitive the secondary position battles have been, KT has been locked down at his spot for a reason. Dude isn’t getting thrown at