Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SPRING FUCKING FOOTBALL

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Can't chin enough for the Dawgman narratives alone

But the rest is good too

Is there a website where we can read more of your stuff?

Yes. bowdowntowashington.com - it's really good. PM me for a password.
    Um, why did I get a picture of three geriatric men fucking? Is that the password?
    Keep this on the downlow, but the master password is MargMeltdown010119

Wood
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Disagree with Bush doing a good job last year. Where is this narrative coming from? C at best

Disagree with Fuller sucking. He is pretty good but not a WR #1.

AGREE on rest

Fuller did not break a tackle last year. Which position do you want a guy who didn't break a tackle?

Bush looked good to me and we had tons of people open, but Jake had a hard time doing anything. He wasn't perfect (Bush), but I thought he really improved as the season went on. Hard to do much when you can't throw more than 15 yards and everyone stacks the box and your QB shits himself.

2nd half Rose Bowl Jake was as good as he's ever played because he stopped playing like a scared bitch and let it fly. And our dudes (even your boy Fuller) made plays on the ball (though Fuller still didn't break a tackle).

I feel good about Bush... cautiously optimistic. But I can see how reasonable people would think otherwise. That's just my read of it.

Fuller should be a slot except he can't break tackles or make moves after the catch.

Fuller doesn't break tackles, but he does get open, runs good routes, and makes some good catches. He doesn't suck. Needs to be more physical.

Bush is TBD due to Browning, but even still I saw nothing from him that looked better than Smith
    Fuller made some nice, contested catches last year. He did fall off late. I still can’t get behind that he sucks. Ty Jones has never broken a tackle. He’s big and a 4 star so he gets sucked off.
    Ty CAN be great. Fuller isn’t likely to. That’s the difference.
    Poor Fuller gets shit on because his dipshit position coaches could never recruit anyone better. Dude is maximizing his talent to the full(er)est and is a baller for a guy who wasn't blessed with the body of Ty Jones, the speed of Ross, or the hands of Dante.

Please Bush, just find someone else who can emerge as a #1 target so we can appreciate Fuller in the role he's supposed to be in.
    This.

He aint a #1, but he could be a good #2 or phenomenal 3
    He wouldn’t be top 3 for Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Bama or Clemson.
    We can never be that good. I just want to win the Pac and maybe win a Rose Bowl someday. As long as the kids graduate and have fun and learn about life I'm good too
    Race gets it.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Look DDY, if you are going to do true Doogman narratives, you have to include ball washing on some walk-ons before you mention/forget the blue chippers. You can't go half Kimmy, has to be full Kimmy. Love it though and thanks for the pre dental entertainment.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Disagree with Bush doing a good job last year. Where is this narrative coming from? C at best

AGREE on rest

Fuller did not break a tackle last year. Which position do you want a guy who didn't break a tackle?

Bush looked good to me and we had tons of people open, but Jake had a hard time doing anything. He wasn't perfect (Bush), but I thought he really improved as the season went on. Hard to do much when you can't throw more than 15 yards and everyone stacks the box and your QB shits himself.

2nd half Rose Bowl Jake was as good as he's ever played because he stopped playing like a scared bitch and let it fly. And our dudes (even your boy Fuller) made plays on the ball (though Fuller still didn't break a tackle).

I feel good about Bush... cautiously optimistic. But I can see how reasonable people would think otherwise. That's just my read of it.

Fuller should be a slot except he can't break tackles or make moves after the catch.

Fuller doesn't break tackles, but he does get open, runs good routes, and makes some good catches. He doesn't suck. Needs to be more physical.

Bush is TBD due to Browning, but even still I saw nothing from him that looked better than Smith
    Fuller made some nice, contested catches last year. He did fall off late. I still can’t get behind that he sucks. Ty Jones has never broken a tackle. He’s big and a 4 star so he gets sucked off.
    Ty CAN be great. Fuller isn’t likely to. That’s the difference.
    Poor Fuller gets shit on because his dipshit position coaches could never recruit anyone better. Dude is maximizing his talent to the full(er)est and is a baller for a guy who wasn't blessed with the body of Ty Jones, the speed of Ross, or the hands of Dante.

Please Bush, just find someone else who can emerge as a #1 target so we can appreciate Fuller in the role he's supposed to be in.
    This.

He aint a #1, but he could be a good #2 or phenomenal 3
    He wouldn’t be top 3 for Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Bama or Clemson.
    We can never be that good. I just want to win the Pac and maybe win a Rose Bowl someday. As long as the kids graduate and have fun and Bang Orientals I'm good too
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

chuck said:

Bread said:

No one has brought up Easons Lack of mobility? Could be an issue.

Is his lack of mobility even a real thing?
    I would think so. UW med school is pretty great, but how much mobility can a guy with no legs have.
    I have no idea what I'm missing here.
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    edited March 2019

AGREE on rest

Apple Cup was also another reason for optimism IMO. CP mentioned after that the game plan went out the window and the offense got better as the game went on (coach platitudes aside).

Apparently only snow simplifys our? offense :neutral:
  • Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148

Ariel to ILB is the move. IIRC, (when) he played last year, it was mostly in-space/from depth. Results were mixed but he is the type of athlete we? need playing in the middle. Also, we're? down to 6 OLB's listed on the roster... 2 haven't even shown up yet.

I'm not really worried about OLB numbers going forward. It would be nice to get a prototype SAM & BUCK every year, but when that doesn't happen I'd rather have a talented DT than a JAG OLB. Our coaches have adjusted well to where our talent is, playing 335 in base downs when we don't have great OLBs. Like Benning is basically going to be a OLB still on base downs, hopefully we just take him out on passing downs.
    To clarify, it was an observation, not an opinion or indictment.

Last year, after Amadre left, we? only had 5/6 on the roster. To me, it’s indicative of a strategy + roster management change
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019

chuck said:

Bread said:

No one has brought up Easons Lack of mobility? Could be an issue.

Is his lack of mobility even a real thing?
    Haven't you heard? He doesn't have legs so yeah, there's a lack of mobility.

Telly loving the pooty, and the watermelon juice, passing his aids in between shredding and the reefer.

CLASSIC
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Ariel to ILB is the move. IIRC, (when) he played last year, it was mostly in-space/from depth. Results were mixed but he is the type of athlete we? need playing in the middle. Also, we're? down to 6 OLB's listed on the roster... 2 haven't even shown up yet.

I'm not really worried about OLB numbers going forward. It would be nice to get a prototype SAM & BUCK every year, but when that doesn't happen I'd rather have a talented DT than a JAG OLB. Our coaches have adjusted well to where our talent is, playing 335 in base downs when we don't have great OLBs. Like Benning is basically going to be a OLB still on base downs, hopefully we just take him out on passing downs.
    To clarify, it was an observation, not an opinion or indictment.

Last year, after Amadre left, we? only had 5/6 on the roster. To me, it’s indicative of a strategy + roster management change

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

AGREE on rest

Apple Cup was also another reason for optimism IMO. CP mentioned after that the game plan went out the window and the offense got better as the game went on (coach platitudes aside).

Apparently only snow simplifys our? offense :neutral:
    We only scored 28. Offense wasn’t terrible, but defense won us that game.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Ya but, is Eason as cocksured as Haener? Haener is ready tanned, ready and rested.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Chinned but Eason is far from a guarantee. I like talent and I'm glad he's here but QB's need talent and skill. He didn't have much of the latter as a frosh. Hopefully he developed it the two years since then. Thankfully he doesn't have to hit his ceiling to be a big upgrade. I'm cautiously optimistic.

This is fucking Dawgman shit.

You guys are fucking nervous for your date with a hot chick and going over her instagram pictures and being like 'she's not that hot, actually'.

FOH
    I'm on the "Eason is going to kick ass this year" bandwagon, but let's not pretend we haven't seen the "unproven 5 star ends up sucking at college football" episode hundreds of times over by now.
    We’re talking about a potential improvement of epic proportion.

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    OK!

i'll swallow DDYs load hard and doog the fuck out! ... SAC is leading the way and fat fuck fetters cheering from the sidelines! ...
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Dawgman guys literally get everything fucking wrong.

Henry Bainivalu will be the starter at LG. He barely fucking plays Tackle anymore you Doogman idiots. Wattenberg can fuck off for now. He'll get moved to Center and be our starting Center in 2020.

Kyler Manu won't be here in the Fall. His scholarship is needed for the incoming Freshman class. I'm sure he graduates this Spring and will likely move on. Or he can stay without a scholarship if he wants to. Either way he's not touching the fucking field next season. I can't stand doogman retards acting like perennial back ups who suck are gonna play just because they're "veterans". He's not playing.

Benning can play 3-tech and that's fine but he's not gonna be a starter next season like I fucking told you guys before. He's got to have beat out Bronson to be Levi's back up and that ain't guaranteed by any means. Mosiah is coming off his redshirt as well and Benning will have to hold him off and that kid is a young bull.

NT depth will be Tuli, Taki, and Bandes. That's fucking nasty depth.

Ngata to ILB is awesome. Better fit for him, adds speed and depth to ILB, and is another good sign about how the coaches feel about OLB depth. Like I said before, Tryon is the new starter at Buck. Bowman is the starter at SAM for now. They will be backed up by Zion and Latu. Latu will play significant snaps as a true Freshman. Trice will redshirt. ILB depth to start Spring ball will probably be:

Wellington, Sirmon
    Tafisi, Ulofoshio
    Calvert, Ngata

Stop being fucking stupid and tempering your expectations for Eason. He's one of the best QB's in the country and the best QB in the Pac-12. He's not inaccurate at all. Contrary to the perception of Georgia today, Eason didn't have a good WR corps to work with when he was there as a true Freshman. His favorite targets were his WTE and some speedy midget WR that looks like Jaydon Mickens. Seriously, chill the fuck out. How many WR's dropped passes his Freshman year? We don't know. How many times did he have to throw the ball away? We don't know. How good was his O-line? Not that good. What we do know is what we've heard about him since he's been here and word is he's been lighting up our secondary throwing to Freshman receivers. If he can light them up, he can easily light up the other secondaries in this conference. The offense will average 40+ points a game.

We're going 13-0 and back to the playoffs bitches. And this time, will be competitive on both sides of the ball in the playoffs and will have an actual chance at winning a playoff game. Buckle the fuck up.

Bandes better redshirt. Linebacker is the position group of concern. Let's hope Tuli is nasty. He will be heavily relied upon. Hopefully, Ngata is above 190 lbs at ILB.

Eason should ball out, just give him a couple games to dial it in. He is a big timer, much-anticipated player. The hype is deserved. Spring ball provides some tingle this year.

Win the conference..NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.