Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SPRING FUCKING FOOTBALL

12346»

Comments

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I bet Eastern still remembers when Sidney and Budda were Frosh...

Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

All I can say is remember when Budda and Sid started for us as freshmen then both left as juniors?

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Chinned but Eason is far from a guarantee. I like talent and I'm glad he's here but QB's need talent and skill. He didn't have much of the latter as a frosh. Hopefully he developed it the two years since then. Thankfully he doesn't have to hit his ceiling to be a big upgrade. I'm cautiously optimistic.

This is fucking Dawgman shit.

You guys are fucking nervous for your date with a hot chick and going over her instagram pictures and being like 'she's not that hot, actually'.

FOH
    I'm on the "Eason is going to kick ass this year" bandwagon, but let's not pretend we haven't seen the "unproven 5 star ends up sucking at college football" episode hundreds of times over by now.
    What if we had gotten a transfer QB that had this kind of stat line as a true freshman?

72/121: 59.5% completion percentage. 686 total yards, 5TDs and 7 INTs for a shitty 109.2 rating. And couldn't hold the starting job...

Would you take that kid?
    Of course I'd take Kyler Murray.

No one's arguing we shouldn't have taken Eason. I'm glad we took him and he sure as shit better be the starter.

I'm just holding off on the Heisman campaign.
    My point isn't about the Heisman campaign... it's just that saying players aren't going to get better and saying his college career has sucked... I mean, it's fucking over the top (which i LITERALLY would never do).

GTFO with this 'his stat line tells you how good he is' BS. Look at fucking Jake in '16 if you like stat lines.

Kyler Murray sucked cock at A&M, then got into a good situation at Oklahoma after a while off and was a baller. Just because he didn't tear it up immediately doesn't mean he sucks.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Dennis is a treasure POTD
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Dawgman guys literally get everything fucking wrong.

Henry Bainivalu will be the starter at LG. He barely fucking plays Tackle anymore you Doogman idiots. Wattenberg can fuck off for now. He'll get moved to Center and be our starting Center in 2020.

Kyler Manu won't be here in the Fall. His scholarship is needed for the incoming Freshman class. I'm sure he graduates this Spring and will likely move on. Or he can stay without a scholarship if he wants to. Either way he's not touching the fucking field next season. I can't stand doogman retards acting like perennial back ups who suck are gonna play just because they're "veterans". He's not playing.

Benning can play 3-tech and that's fine but he's not gonna be a starter next season like I fucking told you guys before. He's got to have beat out Bronson to be Levi's back up and that ain't guaranteed by any means. Mosiah is coming off his redshirt as well and Benning will have to hold him off and that kid is a young bull.

NT depth will be Tuli, Taki, and Bandes. That's fucking nasty depth.

Ngata to ILB is awesome. Better fit for him, adds speed and depth to ILB, and is another good sign about how the coaches feel about OLB depth. Like I said before, Tryon is the new starter at Buck. Bowman is the starter at SAM for now. They will be backed up by Zion and Latu. Latu will play significant snaps as a true Freshman. Trice will redshirt. ILB depth to start Spring ball will probably be:

Wellington, Sirmon
    Tafisi, Ulofoshio
    Calvert, Ngata

Stop being fucking stupid and tempering your expectations for Eason. He's one of the best QB's in the country and the best QB in the Pac-12. He's not inaccurate at all. Contrary to the perception of Georgia today, Eason didn't have a good WR corps to work with when he was there as a true Freshman. His favorite targets were his WTE and some speedy midget WR that looks like Jaydon Mickens. Seriously, chill the fuck out. How many WR's dropped passes his Freshman year? We don't know. How many times did he have to throw the ball away? We don't know. How good was his O-line? Not that good. What we do know is what we've heard about him since he's been here and word is he's been lighting up our secondary throwing to Freshman receivers. If he can light them up, he can easily light up the other secondaries in this conference. The offense will average 40+ points a game.

We're going 13-0 and back to the playoffs bitches. And this time, will be competitive on both sides of the ball in the playoffs and will have an actual chance at winning a playoff game. Buckle the fuck up.

Right about Eason, wrong about literally everything else.

Pretty impressive.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Ngata should move inside, Wellington and Manu are horrible
  • Options

Chinned but Eason is far from a guarantee. I like talent and I'm glad he's here but QB's need talent and skill. He didn't have much of the latter as a frosh. Hopefully he developed it the two years since then. Thankfully he doesn't have to hit his ceiling to be a big upgrade. I'm cautiously optimistic.

You guys are fucking nervous for your date with a hot chick and going over her instagram pictures and being like 'she's not that hot, actually'.

FOH
    He is super talented, that isn't debatable.

His college career to this point has been bad, that also isn't debateable.

He's assuredly going to be better than Browning, that clearly isn't debatable.

Saying talent is all it takes is how we get doogs like you who still suck off Jake Locker after four years of suck.

LIFPO.
    This is fucking confusing. He had a year at UGA where he played like a freshman gun. He overstepped because his shit was made of gold, but this crap is just insane man.

HIS COLLEGE CAREER HAS BEEN A TRUE FRESHMAN YEAR. He didn't suck. He was just inconsistent. There's a difference between those things.

His frosh year was very similar to another guy - John Ross. After JRIIIs first year, we were joking about two wins and shit... players get better. He's learned the offense for a year.

'talent is all it takes' - FOH with that.

You guys are like battered wives with this shit. The Doog move is to be scared of talent.

You guys are so fucking worried to flex because Doogs always flex and then get their pee pees whacked.

He may do some dumb shit, but he will be a completely different level than anything we've had since Locker. And by the way FOH with that Locker shit.

Locker for 4 years under Pete gets us a win vs. USC and either Ohio State or PSU.

No way we fucking lose to Cal last year with Locker. Fuck off with the LOCKNAR hate.

HE PLAYED FOR FUCKING TY AND SARK. Do you think coaching matters or no?
    Yep, Skinny was an inconsistent true freshman.

This is also a world where Trevor Lawrence won a ring and completed 65% of his passes as a true frosh with a 7.5 to 1 TD:INT ratio and and Tua won part of a ring asa true frosh and completed 69% of his passes as a true sophomore with a 7.2 to 1 TD:INT ratio. That's what game changing talent looks like.

Skinny hasn't been good. He completed 55% of his passes with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

His talent is special but his skill level to this point is not. Is he ready to step on the field and be a star? Maybe. Probably even. I'm like 60-40. But banking on it is doog status.

I think coaching matters and I agree Lockner would have won us some big games under Pete except he wouldn't because he would have been too inconsistent to ever start for Pete. But if Pete did start him he would have absolutely lost games like the Cal game. He was maddeningly, terribly inconsistent. He wouldn't have been as inconsistent under Pete, probably, but it's not like we've seen some incredible level of QB coaching under this regime. It's not like Jake went to the NFL got real QB coaching and suddenly was great.

He was probably always going to be an inaccurate QB.
    Just want to start with I love you. But FOH with this shit.

Point A: Yes, Trevor Lawrence was better as a frosh than Skinny. Skinny has had two years to think about it. It was the first year of Kirby. Skinny also didn't 7 on 7 like everyone else.

Point B: His talent *IS* special. How many guys under Pete have had special talent and have sucked? He's in year 2 under Pete btw. I don't think he'll be perfect and I don't think he'll be Trevor Lawrence, but I think he'll be fucking good.

Point C: Please remain cognitively flexible. It makes you stupid to assume that when you change things like a coaching staff that players would be and develop the same exact way no matter what. That is Eklund's territory, don't steal his schtick. Again, it would be easy to say that a lot of Sark players would've been too 'WHATEVER' for Pete to play them. But in fact, Pete won with them because he can fucking coach.

Comparing Eason to Lawrence is fine, but there were some pretty major fucking differences... so 1) Trev Lawrence came into a program that is ROLLING and had everything but the QB. Eason came in during a coaching change and they were figuring shit out.

Also - banking on Skinny to be TREVOR LAWRENCE is not what I'm doing, but I think it's more likely that he's a star than he's not. Because we have great coaching.

This whole thing is like a world in which we have convinced ourselves that all super hot chicks are too much trouble, that's why we date 6s.

Same shit here with Skinny.
    Fuck off with the Eklund shit. I don't assume everyone would have had the same flaws under Pete. Sean Parker would have been a monster. Alameda Ta'amu would have been a first rounder. These are positions where kids have clearly developed under Pete.

To this point in time, Pete has shown nothing at QB. Cyler Miles went from looking like a solid prospect under Sark at UCLA to a complete clusterfuck. Troy Williams couldn't even see the field. Lindy ran some awful wildcat plays and came in to throw the occasional bomb that John Ross would drop. And then there's Browning.

I love Pete and I love Bush but it's time to show we can develop a QB. Assuming develop for Eason sounds great but until we see them do it I'm fully LIPO with this staff at this position.

That's a major difference from that Fecklund bullshit.

I love you too.
    bump
  • Options

FOH

Saying talent is all it takes is how we get doogs like you who still suck off Jake Locker after four years of suck.

LIFPO.
    This is fucking confusing. He had a year at UGA where he played like a freshman gun. He overstepped because his shit was made of gold, but this crap is just insane man.

HIS COLLEGE CAREER HAS BEEN A TRUE FRESHMAN YEAR. He didn't suck. He was just inconsistent. There's a difference between those things.

His frosh year was very similar to another guy - John Ross. After JRIIIs first year, we were joking about two wins and shit... players get better. He's learned the offense for a year.

You guys are like battered wives with this shit. The Doog move is to be scared of talent.

You guys are so fucking worried to flex because Doogs always flex and then get their pee pees whacked.

He may do some dumb shit, but he will be a completely different level than anything we've had since Locker. And by the way FOH with that Locker shit.

Locker for 4 years under Pete gets us a win vs. USC and either Ohio State or PSU.

No way we fucking lose to Cal last year with Locker. Fuck off with the LOCKNAR hate.

This is also a world where Trevor Lawrence won a ring and completed 65% of his passes as a true frosh with a 7.5 to 1 TD:INT ratio and and Tua won part of a ring asa true frosh and completed 69% of his passes as a true sophomore with a 7.2 to 1 TD:INT ratio. That's what game changing talent looks like.

Skinny hasn't been good. He completed 55% of his passes with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

His talent is special but his skill level to this point is not. Is he ready to step on the field and be a star? Maybe. Probably even. I'm like 60-40. But banking on it is doog status.

I think coaching matters and I agree Lockner would have won us some big games under Pete except he wouldn't because he would have been too inconsistent to ever start for Pete. But if Pete did start him he would have absolutely lost games like the Cal game. He was maddeningly, terribly inconsistent. He wouldn't have been as inconsistent under Pete, probably, but it's not like we've seen some incredible level of QB coaching under this regime. It's not like Jake went to the NFL got real QB coaching and suddenly was great.

Point A: Yes, Trevor Lawrence was better as a frosh than Skinny. Skinny has had two years to think about it. It was the first year of Kirby. Skinny also didn't 7 on 7 like everyone else.

Point B: His talent *IS* special. How many guys under Pete have had special talent and have sucked? He's in year 2 under Pete btw. I don't think he'll be perfect and I don't think he'll be Trevor Lawrence, but I think he'll be fucking good.

Point C: Please remain cognitively flexible. It makes you stupid to assume that when you change things like a coaching staff that players would be and develop the same exact way no matter what. That is Eklund's territory, don't steal his schtick. Again, it would be easy to say that a lot of Sark players would've been too 'WHATEVER' for Pete to play them. But in fact, Pete won with them because he can fucking coach.

Comparing Eason to Lawrence is fine, but there were some pretty major fucking differences... so 1) Trev Lawrence came into a program that is ROLLING and had everything but the QB. Eason came in during a coaching change and they were figuring shit out.

Also - banking on Skinny to be TREVOR LAWRENCE is not what I'm doing, but I think it's more likely that he's a star than he's not. Because we have great coaching.

This whole thing is like a world in which we have convinced ourselves that all super hot chicks are too much trouble, that's why we date 6s.

Fuck off with the Eklund shit. I don't assume everyone would have had the same flaws under Pete. Sean Parker would have been a monster. Alameda Ta'amu would have been a first rounder. These are positions where kids have clearly developed under Pete.

To this point in time, Pete has shown nothing at QB. Cyler Miles went from looking like a solid prospect under Sark at UCLA to a complete clusterfuck. Troy Williams couldn't even see the field. Lindy ran some awful wildcat plays and came in to throw the occasional bomb that John Ross would drop. And then there's Browning.

I love Pete and I love Bush but it's time to show we can develop a QB. Assuming develop for Eason sounds great but until we see them do it I'm fully LIPO with this staff at this position.

I love you too.
    I was right
  • Options

dnc said:

Ballz said:

Dawgman guys literally get everything fucking wrong.

Henry Bainivalu will be the starter at LG. He barely fucking plays Tackle anymore you Doogman idiots. Wattenberg can fuck off for now. He'll get moved to Center and be our starting Center in 2020.

Kyler Manu won't be here in the Fall. His scholarship is needed for the incoming Freshman class. I'm sure he graduates this Spring and will likely move on. Or he can stay without a scholarship if he wants to. Either way he's not touching the fucking field next season. I can't stand doogman retards acting like perennial back ups who suck are gonna play just because they're "veterans". He's not playing.

Benning can play 3-tech and that's fine but he's not gonna be a starter next season like I fucking told you guys before. He's got to have beat out Bronson to be Levi's back up and that ain't guaranteed by any means. Mosiah is coming off his redshirt as well and Benning will have to hold him off and that kid is a young bull.

NT depth will be Tuli, Taki, and Bandes. That's fucking nasty depth.

Ngata to ILB is awesome. Better fit for him, adds speed and depth to ILB, and is another good sign about how the coaches feel about OLB depth. Like I said before, Tryon is the new starter at Buck. Bowman is the starter at SAM for now. They will be backed up by Zion and Latu. Latu will play significant snaps as a true Freshman. Trice will redshirt. ILB depth to start Spring ball will probably be:

Wellington, Sirmon
    Tafisi, Ulofoshio
    Calvert, Ngata

Stop being fucking stupid and tempering your expectations for Eason. He's one of the best QB's in the country and the best QB in the Pac-12. He's not inaccurate at all. Contrary to the perception of Georgia today, Eason didn't have a good WR corps to work with when he was there as a true Freshman. His favorite targets were his WTE and some speedy midget WR that looks like Jaydon Mickens. Seriously, chill the fuck out. How many WR's dropped passes his Freshman year? We don't know. How many times did he have to throw the ball away? We don't know. How good was his O-line? Not that good. What we do know is what we've heard about him since he's been here and word is he's been lighting up our secondary throwing to Freshman receivers. If he can light them up, he can easily light up the other secondaries in this conference. The offense will average 40+ points a game.

We're going 13-0 and back to the playoffs bitches. And this time, will be competitive on both sides of the ball in the playoffs and will have an actual chance at winning a playoff game. Buckle the fuck up.

Right about Eason, wrong about literally everything else.

Pretty impressive.
    Ahh, that one month we thought Eason was a big swingin dick. Those were the days.
    One week*

FMFYFE
  • Options

dnc said:

FOH

LIFPO.

I love you too.
    I was right
    You mean Hillsy was right.

I wonder what ever happened to him?
    Place wasn’t good for his brand