Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SPRING FUCKING FOOTBALL

Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited March 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
Suck my dick. Spring is gonna be lit.

So many interesting story lines.

Also - shoutout to dawgman... I will be including dawgman narratives so you don't have to repeat the mistakes they have made.

Let's LOOK shall we?

QB - Interesting Story Lines: 3
1. SKINNY TIME. Even if you're a Doog and think Skinny won't be good because you're afraid of having talented players, you have to admit he could be the #1 pick in the 2020 draft. And he has an arm.
2. Haener tim? Heard he's packing his bags.
3. Yank/Sirm battle for #2. I'm hoping Yank gets split out and some run at BTE or WR for double pass shit. Fuck the LindCat.

Dawgman narrative: I don't know if Skinny will really be that good. Talent isn't important, Bama wins because they cheat. Don't count Haener out.

RB - Interesting Story Lines: 2
1. Salvon: what position? Any run at CHICO? How's his health and ability to run without hesitancy?
2. Tallest midget for backup?

Dawgman narrative: No one can replace Myles, No one can replace Bishop Sankey, No one can replace Chris Polk. McGrew is a coach on the field.

WR - Interesting Story Lines: 5
1. Ty Jones: can he play like Ty MF Jones? We saw glimpses last year, but consistency wasn't there. Jake ignored him. New coach and new attitude? This is the year my dude.
2. Can anyone fucking take a spot from the three little pigs? Pounds, Porkchellia and Fuller are bad enough, but we are going to have to live through Chin as well. Shoutout to Chin. PLEASE GOD TERRELL.
3. Junior Adams: Is he asleep all the time or will they respond to him? Will he play the old guys or does everyone have a clean slate?
4. Spiker and Auzzy. We have fucking talent... Fuller, Count Chocula, Pounds and Chin should be made to fight it out for 10 snaps a game. PLAY THE TALENT. CHRIST.
5. Will CHICO be third string at CHICO?

Dawgman narrative: We sucked at WR last year, but recruiting doesn't matter.

TE - Interesting Story Lines: 3
1. Should we be throwing jump balls to Jake Kizer?
2. Dev Culp come up - the kid has fucking talent. Him at BTE could be pretty fucking legit behind Hunter.
3. Hunter and Cade: the best BTE/WTE combo since Pete's been here. Stop thinking that Cade has hit his ceiling. He still looks 12. He is going to improve a lot.

Dawgman narrative: Cade is the most complete TE!!!!!!!! Hunter can't block (even though he trucks people).

OL - Interesting Story Lines: 4
1. Trey Adamz, do you suck now? I doubt it, but you never know.
2. Backup Center: Norgy, Lucy, Curne?
3. Can Watty hold on? He sucked last year. Will Bain get inserted ahead of him?
4. Young talent is actually here now. If this isn't a good line, Huff is a tard.

Dawgman narrative: Everyone said Nick Harris would suck and he's been so great, so recruiting doesn't matter, but you can't ask Nick Harris to play well vs. Ohio State, they just are physically dominant.

DL - Interesting Story Lines: 3
1. Benning inside? FIVE TECH?!?!? WE PLAY A FUCKING 3 TECH THAT'S AS WIDE AS WE GO YOU IDIOTS. If Benning can hold up inside... spicy.
2. Tuli and Taki: can they assert into the top 4 rotation with Levi and Benning? If yes, Pac-12 is fucked THIS YEAR.
3. Please Draco move to WTE.

Dawgman narrative: We will suck because we can't replace Greg Gaines!!!

OLB - Interesting Story Lines: 2
1. Youfffff: ZTF, Tryon... ZTF playing so much in the RB says a lot.
2. Myles Rice breakthrough spring?!?! hahaha fuck no.

Dawgman narrative: How are we going to replace Feeney and Littleton?!?!

ILB - Interesting Story Lines: 3
1. Club Fed gone, Welly in this bitch... who is #2? DJB injured? MJ Tafisi? Jack Sirmon? Eddie U?
2. Kyler Manu's foot could fall off in practice 4 and they'd give the fucking foot an extra scholarship. Will he ever leave?
3. Ariel Ngata inside? Could be a baller WIL in my opinion...

Dawgman narrative: BBK ALL DAY!!!! GREATEST PLAYER IN UW HISTORY!! JUST MAKES PLAYS! JUST A FOOTBALL PLAYER!!! WE WILL NEVER REPLACE HIM. We lose 9 starters we are fucked, teams will score a lot on us!!!

DB - Interesting Story Lines: 5
1. DOM HAMPTON, DOM HAMPTON, DOM HAMPTON: Seriously Dom Hampton. Dude looks like a fucking BEAST.
2. KYLER GORDON.
3. Myles Bryant: BBK of 2019.
4. Keith Taylor annnnddddd... Elijah Molden? That's where my money is.
5. Fuck everyone that says we won't be good back here... too much talent and too much Jimmy No Balls. Also too much Isaiah Gilchrist, but whatever.

Dawgman narrative: This will be the first year Jimmy looks bad, but it's not his fault, just too young.

Overall Story Line on OFFENSE: What will it be like to have a QB that can throw more than 25 yards with accuracy?

WE SHOULD have a great offense this year. Tons of starters back. Adding tons of talent at WR. But there's a shitty log jam at the top of WR that we are going to have to break through and Pete's offenses are horrible.

However, Bush did a good job last year and we have a fucking tonnnnnne of talent. Could be our most talented offense since '96.

Overall dawgman narrative on offense: can't expect this team to compete with Oregon because they cheat. What Mike Leach is doing at WSU is incredible!

Overall Story Line on DEFENSE: YOUFFFFF MOVEMENT. Taki, Tuli, Elijah, Dom Hampton, Jules, Kyler, Tryon, Sirmon, Tafisi...

Overall dawgman narrative on defense: Teams are going to put up points on us this year. Just hope Skinny isn't ALL HYPE!!

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So Myles Bryant is the player we can shove into DDYs face this year just to point out the times he is wrong?

We need Squirrel for some dead wood still... but more and more we have positions with talented depth.

QB: Haener prolly should kick rocks.
    RB: This is a logjam of JAGs until it isn't.
    WR: Fuller, Pounds, Andre, Chin all are JAGs or worse (shoutout to Fetters for saying Andre was our best WR at the end of last year... lol).
    TE: No one really sucks.
    OL: Henry Roberts, what would you say you do here? Other than that, everyone is actually decent.
    DL: Scrempos is the only scholarship guy that shouldn't be playing. 2020 on the DL is going to be boner worthy.
    OLB: Myles Rice - seems like a nice kid, but bro, you've been here 14 fucking years.
    ILB: Kyler Manu, Kyler Manu, Kyler Manu, Kyler Manu. Tommy Togiai plays for tOSU. Kyler Manu.
    DB: Gilchrist is the only dead wood and we're only 94% sure he is.

But still, our roster is changing THIS YEAR. This is the year. Even though we are young, we are vastly more talented than we've ever been. We are going to start looking like alphas at some point this year.
    QB: Will Haener stick around or hit the transfer portal after this season? Maybe HE IS here to play school and we won't be able to shake him until he grad transfers.
    RB: Do you see Dick Newt getting some snaps at RB or at the Chico/Ahmed role? Will we see Cam Davis at all or complete red shirt see you next year(maybe)?
    WR: Could Chin end up a 1 shot change of pace deep threat?(this is best case to doog for imo)? Is there any chance we actually see our talent get to play the outside spots and move Fuller into the slot where he would seem to be a more natural fit? Can Jr. teach Ty Jones how to catch a contested ball? Will Chico ever look like Chico again or is he done and playing school at this point?
    TE: Do we just focus Hunter as a receiving threat and have him essentially replace a receiver who is a JAG anyway? Do we finally get to see a shit ton of 2 TE sets where we get to jam it down our oppositions throats?
    OL: Adams please stay healthy, which if he doesn't how does that play out with the rest of the line?
    DL: I know the big Q is Taki or Tuli but is there any chance for Mosiah Nasili-Liu to make an impact? Dude has been looking scary in workouts.
    OLB: Laiatu Latu getting 4 games in? Fuck I want to see this kid play. He's just fucking huge and stupid quick for his size. Not expecting him to take the spot or anything so don't twist just hoping to get some glimpses of the future.
    ILB: What are the odds Ben Hines beats out the more talented players and continues to piss off HH recruitknicks for the next three years?
    DB: With the lack of depth at safety will we end up not red shirting either/or of cameron davis or spam chancellor?

Kicker: What in the ever loving fuck can we fix this position already?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Ariel to ILB is the move. IIRC, (when) he played last year, it was mostly in-space/from depth. Results were mixed but he is the type of athlete we? need playing in the middle. Also, we're? down to 6 OLB's listed on the roster... 2 haven't even shown up yet.

I'm not really worried about OLB numbers going forward. It would be nice to get a prototype SAM & BUCK every year, but when that doesn't happen I'd rather have a talented DT than a JAG OLB. Our coaches have adjusted well to where our talent is, playing 335 in base downs when we don't have great OLBs. Like Benning is basically going to be a OLB still on base downs, hopefully we just take him out on passing downs.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Chinned but Eason is far from a guarantee. I like talent and I'm glad he's here but QB's need talent and skill. He didn't have much of the latter as a frosh. Hopefully he developed it the two years since then. Thankfully he doesn't have to hit his ceiling to be a big upgrade. I'm cautiously optimistic.

This is fucking Dawgman shit.

You guys are fucking nervous for your date with a hot chick and going over her instagram pictures and being like 'she's not that hot, actually'.

FOH
    He is super talented, that isn't debatable.

His college career to this point has been bad, that also isn't debateable.

He's assuredly going to be better than Browning, that clearly isn't debatable.

Saying talent is all it takes is how we get doogs like you who still suck off Jake Locker after four years of suck.

LIFPO.
    This is fucking confusing. He had a year at UGA where he played like a freshman gun. He overstepped because his shit was made of gold, but this crap is just insane man.

HIS COLLEGE CAREER HAS BEEN A TRUE FRESHMAN YEAR. He didn't suck. He was just inconsistent. There's a difference between those things.

His frosh year was very similar to another guy - John Ross. After JRIIIs first year, we were joking about two wins and shit... players get better. He's learned the offense for a year.

'talent is all it takes' - FOH with that.

You guys are like battered wives with this shit. The Doog move is to be scared of talent.

You guys are so fucking worried to flex because Doogs always flex and then get their pee pees whacked.

He may do some dumb shit, but he will be a completely different level than anything we've had since Locker. And by the way FOH with that Locker shit.

Locker for 4 years under Pete gets us a win vs. USC and either Ohio State or PSU.

No way we fucking lose to Cal last year with Locker. Fuck off with the LOCKNAR hate.

HE PLAYED FOR FUCKING TY AND SARK. Do you think coaching matters or no?
    Yep, Skinny was an inconsistent true freshman.

This is also a world where Trevor Lawrence won a ring and completed 65% of his passes as a true frosh with a 7.5 to 1 TD:INT ratio and and Tua won part of a ring asa true frosh and completed 69% of his passes as a true sophomore with a 7.2 to 1 TD:INT ratio. That's what game changing talent looks like.

Skinny hasn't been good. He completed 55% of his passes with a 2:1 TD:INT ratio.

His talent is special but his skill level to this point is not. Is he ready to step on the field and be a star? Maybe. Probably even. I'm like 60-40. But banking on it is doog status.

I think coaching matters and I agree Lockner would have won us some big games under Pete except he wouldn't because he would have been too inconsistent to ever start for Pete. But if Pete did start him he would have absolutely lost games like the Cal game. He was maddeningly, terribly inconsistent. He wouldn't have been as inconsistent under Pete, probably, but it's not like we've seen some incredible level of QB coaching under this regime. It's not like Jake went to the NFL got real QB coaching and suddenly was great.

He was probably always going to be an inaccurate QB.