Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SPRING FUCKING FOOTBALL

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,573
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Disagree with Bush doing a good job last year. Where is this narrative coming from? C at best

Disagree with Fuller sucking. He is pretty good but not a WR #1.

AGREE on rest
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

We? don't have a lot of data but Tui started a few games as a true frosh and certainly improved a great deal

Browning started as a true frosh and to be fair had a good game or two as a sophomore but never really took a great leap forward

Brock was pretty good as a frosh then got worse

I actually think both sides of the coin over react to his freshman season. Hot take.

Browning would have not started on an SEC team as a true frosh. And if he did he would have died.

I'm not into messianic QB cults, but the odds of Eason being a downgrade seem remote.
    Solid point

And Fromm didn't beat him out head to head the next year either

During the off-season highly recruited quarterback Jake Fromm came in. Eason, however was named the starter for the 2017 season. In the first game of the season against Appalachian State, Eason injured his knee. Fromm became the starter and led the Bulldogs to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship game.

Skinny beat out a top 5 draft pick next year in head to head. Fromm was a freshman but a super frosh as his year showed
    You think Fromm's a top 5 pick?
    Everyone says so. I have no idea

Fromm and Hubert are the big QBs.
    I have my doubts about Fromm but we'll see. He's done nothing but win so he has that going for him. I've never impressed me that much watching him play. His numbers look great though.

I'd draft Tua long before I'd touch either of them.

Eason too.
  • Options

We? don't have a lot of data but Tui started a few games as a true frosh and certainly improved a great deal

Browning started as a true frosh and to be fair had a good game or two as a sophomore but never really took a great leap forward

Brock was pretty good as a frosh then got worse

I actually think both sides of the coin over react to his freshman season. Hot take.

Browning would have not started on an SEC team as a true frosh. And if he did he would have died.

I'm not into messianic QB cults, but the odds of Eason being a downgrade seem remote.
    Solid point

And Fromm didn't beat him out head to head the next year either

During the off-season highly recruited quarterback Jake Fromm came in. Eason, however was named the starter for the 2017 season. In the first game of the season against Appalachian State, Eason injured his knee. Fromm became the starter and led the Bulldogs to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship game.

Skinny beat out a top 5 draft pick next year in head to head. Fromm was a freshman but a super frosh as his year showed
    You think Fromm's a top 5 pick?
    Everyone says so. I have no idea

Fromm and Hubert are the big QBs.
    I have my doubts about Fromm but we'll see. He's done nothing but win so he has that going for him. I've never impressed me that much watching him play. His numbers look great though.

I'd draft Tua long before I'd touch either of them.

Eason too.
    I'd tank for Trevor
    Well yeah in a heartbeat. He's the best one of he bunch. But he won't be draft eligible.
  • Options

Disagree with Bush doing a good job last year. Where is this narrative coming from? C at best

AGREE on rest

Fuller did not break a tackle last year. Which position do you want a guy who didn't break a tackle?

Bush looked good to me and we had tons of people open, but Jake had a hard time doing anything. He wasn't perfect (Bush), but I thought he really improved as the season went on. Hard to do much when you can't throw more than 15 yards and everyone stacks the box and your QB shits himself.

2nd half Rose Bowl Jake was as good as he's ever played because he stopped playing like a scared bitch and let it fly. And our dudes (even your boy Fuller) made plays on the ball (though Fuller still didn't break a tackle).

I feel good about Bush... cautiously optimistic. But I can see how reasonable people would think otherwise. That's just my read of it.

Fuller should be a slot except he can't break tackles or make moves after the catch.
    I'm in on Bush, I thought the play calling took real steps forward with the noted exceptions of Auburn and the first half at tOSU. I think he's going to be a good OC.

The flip side is Browning probably regressed. I can't bring myself to say @Babushka was a better QB coach, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous about Bush at QB coach. That said, chin ability to unfuck Browning is hardly a failure.

If Eason's good this year I'll be full blown Smush For Bush.
  • Options

AGREE on rest

Fuller did not break a tackle last year. Which position do you want a guy who didn't break a tackle?

Bush looked good to me and we had tons of people open, but Jake had a hard time doing anything. He wasn't perfect (Bush), but I thought he really improved as the season went on. Hard to do much when you can't throw more than 15 yards and everyone stacks the box and your QB shits himself.

2nd half Rose Bowl Jake was as good as he's ever played because he stopped playing like a scared bitch and let it fly. And our dudes (even your boy Fuller) made plays on the ball (though Fuller still didn't break a tackle).

I feel good about Bush... cautiously optimistic. But I can see how reasonable people would think otherwise. That's just my read of it.

Fuller should be a slot except he can't break tackles or make moves after the catch.
    I'm in on Bush, I thought the play calling took real steps forward with the noted exceptions of Auburn and the first half at tOSU. I think he's going to be a good OC.

The flip side is Browning probably regressed. I can't bring myself to say @Babushka was a better QB coach, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous about Bush at QB coach. That said, chin ability to unfuck Browning is hardly a failure.

If Eason's good this year I'll be full blown Smush For Bush.
    I'm nervous about it myself... but I generally have a positive feeling.

I think Browning regressed because his cramps just got a lot worse.

But again, that's not based on hard evidence, just my feeling from watching closely.

Also - I've heard (and it doesn't take a genius to surmise) that there was some trouble in paradise between Jake and Bush. I think Bush prefers QBs that play well and Jake was not amenable to that.

When's the last time UW had a 4 year starter (or even a SR QB) get benched for not doing shit?

I honestly can't recall.
    This makes total sense. Fuck it, I'm in.

I Smush For Bush!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

So Myles Bryant is the player we can shove into DDYs face this year just to point out the times he is wrong?

We need Squirrel for some dead wood still... but more and more we have positions with talented depth.

QB: Haener prolly should kick rocks.
    RB: This is a logjam of JAGs until it isn't.
    WR: Fuller, Pounds, Andre, Chin all are JAGs or worse (shoutout to Fetters for saying Andre was our best WR at the end of last year... lol).
    TE: No one really sucks.
    OL: Henry Roberts, what would you say you do here? Other than that, everyone is actually decent.
    DL: Scrempos is the only scholarship guy that shouldn't be playing. 2020 on the DL is going to be boner worthy.
    OLB: Myles Rice - seems like a nice kid, but bro, you've been here 14 fucking years.
    ILB: Kyler Manu, Kyler Manu, Kyler Manu, Kyler Manu. Tommy Togiai plays for tOSU. Kyler Manu.
    DB: Gilchrist is the only dead wood and we're only 94% sure he is.

But still, our roster is changing THIS YEAR. This is the year. Even though we are young, we are vastly more talented than we've ever been. We are going to start looking like alphas at some point this year.
    QB: Will Haener stick around or hit the transfer portal after this season? Maybe HE IS here to play school and we won't be able to shake him until he grad transfers.
    RB: Do you see Dick Newt getting some snaps at RB or at the Chico/Ahmed role? Will we see Cam Davis at all or complete red shirt see you next year(maybe)?
    WR: Could Chin end up a 1 shot change of pace deep threat?(this is best case to doog for imo)? Is there any chance we actually see our talent get to play the outside spots and move Fuller into the slot where he would seem to be a more natural fit? Can Jr. teach Ty Jones how to catch a contested ball? Will Chico ever look like Chico again or is he done and playing school at this point?
    TE: Do we just focus Hunter as a receiving threat and have him essentially replace a receiver who is a JAG anyway? Do we finally get to see a shit ton of 2 TE sets where we get to jam it down our oppositions throats?
    OL: Adams please stay healthy, which if he doesn't how does that play out with the rest of the line?
    DL: I know the big Q is Taki or Tuli but is there any chance for Mosiah Nasili-Liu to make an impact? Dude has been looking scary in workouts.
    OLB: Laiatu Latu getting 4 games in? Fuck I want to see this kid play. He's just fucking huge and stupid quick for his size. Not expecting him to take the spot or anything so don't twist just hoping to get some glimpses of the future.
    ILB: What are the odds Ben Hines beats out the more talented players and continues to piss off HH recruitknicks for the next three years?
    DB: With the lack of depth at safety will we end up not red shirting either/or of cameron davis or spam chancellor?

Kicker: What in the ever loving fuck can we fix this position already?
    I chinned this because I agree with many takes. Assuming most didn't because they are (a) stoopid (b) can't read this much or (c) Got pissed when you mentioned Chin might deserve any amount of playing time.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Can't chin enough for the Dawgman narratives alone

But the rest is good too

Is there a website where we can read more of your stuff?

Yes. bowdowntowashington.com - it's really good. PM me for a password.
    Um, why did I get a picture of three geriatric men fucking? Is that the password?
    Keep this on the downlow, but the master password is MargMeltdown010119