Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SPRING FUCKING FOOTBALL

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Disagree with Bush doing a good job last year. Where is this narrative coming from? C at best

Disagree with Fuller sucking. He is pretty good but not a WR #1.

AGREE on rest

Fuller did not break a tackle last year. Which position do you want a guy who didn't break a tackle?

Bush looked good to me and we had tons of people open, but Jake had a hard time doing anything. He wasn't perfect (Bush), but I thought he really improved as the season went on. Hard to do much when you can't throw more than 15 yards and everyone stacks the box and your QB shits himself.

2nd half Rose Bowl Jake was as good as he's ever played because he stopped playing like a scared bitch and let it fly. And our dudes (even your boy Fuller) made plays on the ball (though Fuller still didn't break a tackle).

I feel good about Bush... cautiously optimistic. But I can see how reasonable people would think otherwise. That's just my read of it.

Fuller should be a slot except he can't break tackles or make moves after the catch.
    I'm in on Bush, I thought the play calling took real steps forward with the noted exceptions of Auburn and the first half at tOSU. I think he's going to be a good OC.

The flip side is Browning probably regressed. I can't bring myself to say @Babushka was a better QB coach, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous about Bush at QB coach. That said, chin ability to unfuck Browning is hardly a failure.

If Eason's good this year I'll be full blown Smush For Bush.
    I'm nervous about it myself... but I generally have a positive feeling.

I think Browning regressed because his cramps just got a lot worse.

But again, that's not based on hard evidence, just my feeling from watching closely.

Also - I've heard (and it doesn't take a genius to surmise) that there was some trouble in paradise between Jake and Bush. I think Bush prefers QBs that play well and Jake was not amenable to that.

When's the last time UW had a 4 year starter (or even a SR QB) get benched for not doing shit?

I honestly can't recall.
    When's the last time UW had a 4 year starter at QB other than Jack and Jack? Brock is the only one I can think of who even had a shot to be one and he left after his junior year (and probably wasn't the best QB on the team at that point anyway).

Dude's I can remember:

Browning - 4 years
    Cyler - One year of FYFMFE
    Keif - 3 years
    Lockner - 4 (plus some Rainbow Ronnie!)
    Stanback - 2 (half year of Bonnell post chinjury)
    @Paws - Uno (Shudder )
    Pickett - 3
    Tui - 2 (Fuck Lambo for burning his redshirt. 2001 Tui with actual receivers would have been the fucking shit.)
    Brock - 3
    Damon - 3
    Brunell - 1 1/2
    Hobert - 1 1/2
    Conklin - 2
    Chandelier - 2
    Millen - 2ish
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Disagree with Bush doing a good job last year. Where is this narrative coming from? C at best

AGREE on rest

Fuller did not break a tackle last year. Which position do you want a guy who didn't break a tackle?

Bush looked good to me and we had tons of people open, but Jake had a hard time doing anything. He wasn't perfect (Bush), but I thought he really improved as the season went on. Hard to do much when you can't throw more than 15 yards and everyone stacks the box and your QB shits himself.

2nd half Rose Bowl Jake was as good as he's ever played because he stopped playing like a scared bitch and let it fly. And our dudes (even your boy Fuller) made plays on the ball (though Fuller still didn't break a tackle).

I feel good about Bush... cautiously optimistic. But I can see how reasonable people would think otherwise. That's just my read of it.

Fuller should be a slot except he can't break tackles or make moves after the catch.
    I'm in on Bush, I thought the play calling took real steps forward with the noted exceptions of Auburn and the first half at tOSU. I think he's going to be a good OC.

The flip side is Browning probably regressed. I can't bring myself to say @Babushka was a better QB coach, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous about Bush at QB coach. That said, chin ability to unfuck Browning is hardly a failure.

If Eason's good this year I'll be full blown Smush For Bush.
    I'm nervous about it myself... but I generally have a positive feeling.

I think Browning regressed because his cramps just got a lot worse.

But again, that's not based on hard evidence, just my feeling from watching closely.

Also - I've heard (and it doesn't take a genius to surmise) that there was some trouble in paradise between Jake and Bush. I think Bush prefers QBs that play well and Jake was not amenable to that.

When's the last time UW had a 4 year starter (or even a SR QB) get benched for not doing shit?

I honestly can't recall.
    When's the last time UW had a 4 year starter at QB other than Jack and Jack? Brock is the only one I can think of who even had a shot to be one and he left after his junior year (and probably wasn't the best QB on the team at that point anyway).

Dude's I can remember:

Browning - 4 years
    Cyler - One year of FYFMFE
    Keif - 3 years
    Lockner - 4 (plus some Rainbow Ronnie!)
    Stanback - 2 (half year of Bonnell post chinjury)
    @Paws - Uno (Shudder )
    Pickett - 3
    Tui - 2 (Fuck Lambo for burning his redshirt. 2001 Tui with actual receivers would have been the fucking shit.)
    Brock - 3
    Damon - 3
    Brunell - 1 1/2
    Hobert - 1 1/2
    Conklin - 2
    Chandelier - 2
    Millen - 2ish
    If you’re not still bitter about no Tui in 2001 you’re a fucking Duck fan.
    PuppyLove_LamboCock!!!! True???
  • Options
    DonLemonPartyDonLemonParty Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Swaye said:

Can't chin enough for the Dawgman narratives alone

But the rest is good too

Is there a website where we can read more of your stuff?

Yes. bowdowntowashington.com - it's really good. PM me for a password.
    Um, why did I get a picture of three geriatric men fucking? Is that the password?
    When is that not the password redman?

• Options
    DonLemonPartyDonLemonParty Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Can't chin enough for the Dawgman narratives alone

But the rest is good too

Is there a website where we can read more of your stuff?

Yes. bowdowntowashington.com - it's really good. PM me for a password.
    Um, why did I get a picture of three geriatric men fucking? Is that the password?

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AGREE on rest

Fuller doesn't break tackles, but he does get open, runs good routes, and makes some good catches. He doesn't suck. Needs to be more physical.

Bush is TBD due to Browning, but even still I saw nothing from him that looked better than Smith
    Fuller made some nice, contested catches last year. He did fall off late. I still can’t get behind that he sucks. Ty Jones has never broken a tackle. He’s big and a 4 star so he gets sucked off.
    Ty CAN be great. Fuller isn’t likely to. That’s the difference.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    No one has brought up Easons Lack of mobility? Could be an issue.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bread said:

Given our OL we should have no problem with lead footed quarterbacks.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Is his lack of mobility even a real thing?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

AGREE on rest

Fuller doesn't break tackles, but he does get open, runs good routes, and makes some good catches. He doesn't suck. Needs to be more physical.

Bush is TBD due to Browning, but even still I saw nothing from him that looked better than Smith
    Fuller made some nice, contested catches last year. He did fall off late. I still can’t get behind that he sucks. Ty Jones has never broken a tackle. He’s big and a 4 star so he gets sucked off.
    Poor Fuller gets shit on because his dipshit position coaches could never recruit anyone better. Dude is maximizing his talent to the full(er)est and is a baller for a guy who wasn't blessed with the body of Ty Jones, the speed of Ross, or the hands of Dante.

Please Bush, just find someone else who can emerge as a #1 target so we can appreciate Fuller in the role he's supposed to be in.
    This.

He aint a #1, but he could be a good #2 or phenomenal 3
    He wouldn’t be top 3 for Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Bama or Clemson.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AGREE on rest

Poor Fuller gets shit on because his dipshit position coaches could never recruit anyone better. Dude is maximizing his talent to the full(er)est and is a baller for a guy who wasn't blessed with the body of Ty Jones, the speed of Ross, or the hands of Dante.

Please Bush, just find someone else who can emerge as a #1 target so we can appreciate Fuller in the role he's supposed to be in.
    This.

He aint a #1, but he could be a good #2 or phenomenal 3
    He wouldn’t be top 3 for Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Bama or Clemson.

We don't need him to be if our defense is better than 4 out of 5 of those teams, which IMO it is