Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SPRING FUCKING FOOTBALL

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

We? don't have a lot of data but Tui started a few games as a true frosh and certainly improved a great deal

Browning started as a true frosh and to be fair had a good game or two as a sophomore but never really took a great leap forward

Brock was pretty good as a frosh then got worse

I actually think both sides of the coin over react to his freshman season. Hot take.

Browning would have not started on an SEC team as a true frosh. And if he did he would have died.

I'm not into messianic QB cults, but the odds of Eason being a downgrade seem remote.
    Solid point

And Fromm didn't beat him out head to head the next year either

During the off-season highly recruited quarterback Jake Fromm came in. Eason, however was named the starter for the 2017 season. In the first game of the season against Appalachian State, Eason injured his knee. Fromm became the starter and led the Bulldogs to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship game.

Skinny beat out a top 5 draft pick next year in head to head. Fromm was a freshman but a super frosh as his year showed
    You think Fromm's a top 5 pick?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Chinned but Eason is far from a guarantee. I like talent and I'm glad he's here but QB's need talent and skill. He didn't have much of the latter as a frosh. Hopefully he developed it the two years since then. Thankfully he doesn't have to hit his ceiling to be a big upgrade. I'm cautiously optimistic.

This is fucking Dawgman shit.

You guys are fucking nervous for your date with a hot chick and going over her instagram pictures and being like 'she's not that hot, actually'.

FOH
    I'm on the "Eason is going to kick ass this year" bandwagon, but let's not pretend we haven't seen the "unproven 5 star ends up sucking at college football" episode hundreds of times over by now.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Chinned but Eason is far from a guarantee. I like talent and I'm glad he's here but QB's need talent and skill. He didn't have much of the latter as a frosh. Hopefully he developed it the two years since then. Thankfully he doesn't have to hit his ceiling to be a big upgrade. I'm cautiously optimistic.

You guys are fucking nervous for your date with a hot chick and going over her instagram pictures and being like 'she's not that hot, actually'.

FOH
    I'm on the "Eason is going to kick ass this year" bandwagon, but let's not pretend we haven't seen the "unproven 5 star ends up sucking at college football" episode hundreds of times over by now.
    What if we had gotten a transfer QB that had this kind of stat line as a true freshman?

72/121: 59.5% completion percentage. 686 total yards, 5TDs and 7 INTs for a shitty 109.2 rating. And couldn't hold the starting job...

Would you take that kid?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DNC: I ASK YOU... 5-star kid coming out of HS, goes into a weird situation. Can't hold the starting job... 5 TDs to 7 INTs, 59.5% - do you want that kid or no? Is that kid shit? Not skilled?

He gets benched and transfers, do you want him?
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

FOH
    What if we had gotten a transfer QB that had this kind of stat line as a true freshman?

72/121: 59.5% completion percentage. 686 total yards, 5TDs and 7 INTs for a shitty 109.2 rating. And couldn't hold the starting job...

Would you take that kid?
    Is that Carson Palmer?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

We? don't have a lot of data but Tui started a few games as a true frosh and certainly improved a great deal

Browning started as a true frosh and to be fair had a good game or two as a sophomore but never really took a great leap forward

I actually think both sides of the coin over react to his freshman season. Hot take.

time to place a butterfly spread options trade with your ScottTrade rep
  • Options

FOH

Would you take that kid?
    Of course I'd take Kyler Murray.

No one's arguing we shouldn't have taken Eason. I'm glad we took him and he sure as shit better be the starter.

I'm just holding off on the Heisman campaign.
    My point isn't about the Heisman campaign... it's just that saying players aren't going to get better and saying his college career has sucked... I mean, it's fucking over the top (which i LITERALLY would never do).

GTFO with this 'his stat line tells you how good he is' BS. Look at fucking Jake in '16 if you like stat lines.

Kyler Murray sucked cock at A&M, then got into a good situation at Oklahoma after a while off and was a baller. Just because he didn't tear it up immediately doesn't mean he sucks.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Browning would have not started on an SEC team as a true frosh. And if he did he would have died.

I'm not into messianic QB cults, but the odds of Eason being a downgrade seem remote.
    Solid point

And Fromm didn't beat him out head to head the next year either

During the off-season highly recruited quarterback Jake Fromm came in. Eason, however was named the starter for the 2017 season. In the first game of the season against Appalachian State, Eason injured his knee. Fromm became the starter and led the Bulldogs to the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship game.

Skinny beat out a top 5 draft pick next year in head to head. Fromm was a freshman but a super frosh as his year showed
    You think Fromm's a top 5 pick?
    Everyone says so. I have no idea

Fromm and Hubert are the big QBs.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just beat me too the point by a minute. Fuck.