Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most profitable teams bombshell! #19 will shock you!

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At @GrundleStiltzkin well loan UW your SL 1200. Whickey whickey type deck better for this kind of marketing.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

At @GrundleStiltzkin well loan UW your SL 1200. Whickey whickey type deck better for this kind of marketing.

An authentic uw version would be smoke-yellowed 1200 plastered with 20 year old Gnu & Zog’s Sex Wax stickers.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

An authentic uw version would be smoke-yellowed 1200 plastered with 20 year old Gnu & Zog’s Sex Wax stickers.
    Fuck yeah!!
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

Did they not squat at Bama? Why is this so special?

Because that video has over a million views. Because the marketing department intentionally produced something that both highlights a player of interest and slapped their logo all over the screen. Because engagement is driven by brand identity, and as a company that has to sell value to corporate partners, consumers and prospective employees (both players and coaches), engagement is everything.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,543
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

TommySQC said:

Did they not squat at Bama? Why is this so special?

Because that video has over a million views. Because the marketing department intentionally produced something that both highlights a player of interest and slapped their logo all over the screen. Because engagement is driven by brand identity, and as a company that has to sell value to corporate partners, consumers and prospective employees (both players and coaches), engagement is everything.

That video has the views because Bama fans follow Hurts and OU is a blue blood only competing with the Thunder
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

1200s FTW. I still have the one I bought in '88 at Magnolia HiFi for like $800 or some shit.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2019
    Damn pgos getting shredded by Poopsi, like pumppy by btp
  • Options
    Founders Club

Things that the marketing department owns/works directly with:

Gameday (all encompassing: content, tailgating, zone, ads, commercial break content, etc.)
    Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions
    UW athletics font, script, color, etc.

So who in your mind is managing the UW football and athletics twitter pages? IT? finance?
    Man, this is not in my mind. I know this. UW football is run by the football department. I’m trying to educate!
    Okay, but my point is that it is marketing and branding material. Hence, marketing.

Im talking about perception of the UW brand as a whole in this thread.
    Great. I get you.

But if you think the UW brand is strong I don’t know what to tell you.
    The UW brand is as strong as it is ever going to get without winning a big Bowl game or three
    Its true that if the Pac 12 got the FREE Pub that the SEC gets from CBS and ESPN the individual marketing would not be as important and if UW ruled the PAC 12 that got FREE Pub all the better

But the Pac 12 marketing sucks and Larry is an idiot so there you go and here we are
    I get it. But if UW won a natty vs Bama with a mean fucking defense ESPN and CBS would love us

Winning solves everything, it doesnt even have to be the natty.

Right now, UW is the loveable try hard that cant win a nationally relevant game. The Pac 12 is an afterthought because it sucks. These issues are 100x bigger of a problem than any perceived marketing deficiencies
    The Big 12 sucks as bad but the Oklahoma brand puts them above the Pac 12

The Pac 12 could still suck but the USC brand would be strong if they didn't suck and the whole league would benefit

When your champ and that's us doesn't care enough to get a decent brand then its a real issue

In 2016 USC won the post season and off season natty over us by winning the Rose Bowl and being USC

UW is famous for firing Rick in June and hiring Ty to go 0-12. And Todd Turner.

Our former players do a better job on twitter than UW does. Oregon gets the top recruit in the country after finishing 4th because of branding. They get it. UW has a bunch of old fucks saying just play ball

Oregon and USC have won multiple NY6 bowls since 2000. UW hasnt done a fucking thing except lose on the big stage. Oregon might have lost to Ohio State, but they curb stomped an undefeated FSU.

When people think of UW, they think of 24-7 and the Browning pick 6. Or maybe UW being down by a million to PSU and OSU, at which point the fans turned the game off.

Your brand can only be as strong as your performance in sports. Right now the only thing UW has is the strongest retard medal aka Pac 12 championships.

Not winning important games hamstrings the entire marketing machine
    How can you argue with someone this dumb?

So, you're saying if we win big games that would improve things? NO FUCKING WAY!!! What chinsight.

You don't understand branding or what you are talking about on any level. Although, if you want people who are dumb, accept mediocrity, don't like fans who demand improvement and talk about things they know nothing about like they are experts because they are displeased with someone perturbing their happy idiot world... I can suggest a website that you would enjoy!

They have all of that and more at dawgman.com. I think you would enjoy it there. They think recruiting is overrated and we can never compete until we win, but we can't win until we win - but this year's recruiting class was great so why are you guys all complaining? too!!

You don't get it and never have gotten it. HTH
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Getting back to the OP, I’m glad our program is profitable, but yeah, not seeing much ROI on your marketing dollars pisses me off.

Bash the Seahawks all you want, but they have a brilliant marketing team. I’d love to see “Bow Down” or “Go Dawgs” merchandise plastered everywhere like you see 12 flags.

Which reminds me, who the hell runs the licensing department over at UW? I’m still appalled by how little Rose Bowl gear there was to buy. When I go to the grocery store, I always see Seahawks and fucking SOUNDERS shirts, hats, etc. available to buy but nothing Huskies. That’s BULLSHIT.

End rant.

Would of been a better rant if you ended with EMFA
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Getting back to the OP, I’m glad our program is profitable, but yeah, not seeing much ROI on your marketing dollars pisses me off.

Bash the Seahawks all you want, but they have a brilliant marketing team. I’d love to see “Bow Down” or “Go Dawgs” merchandise plastered everywhere like you see 12 flags.

Which reminds me, who the hell runs the licensing department over at UW? I’m still appalled by how little Rose Bowl gear there was to buy. When I go to the grocery store, I always see Seahawks and fucking SOUNDERS shirts, hats, etc. available to buy but nothing Huskies. That’s BULLSHIT.

End rant.

Would of been a better rant if you ended with EMFA
    Doesn’t everything end better with eating MFA...
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

End rant.

I'm hearing that if they had a UW section they would need to have an equal section for Wazzu.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Things that the marketing department owns/works directly with:

Gameday (all encompassing: content, tailgating, zone, ads, commercial break content, etc.)
    Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions
    UW athletics font, script, color, etc.

So who in your mind is managing the UW football and athletics twitter pages? IT? finance?
    Man, this is not in my mind. I know this. UW football is run by the football department. I’m trying to educate!
    Okay, but my point is that it is marketing and branding material. Hence, marketing.

Im talking about perception of the UW brand as a whole in this thread.
    Great. I get you.

But if you think the UW brand is strong I don’t know what to tell you.
    The UW brand is as strong as it is ever going to get without winning a big Bowl game or three
    Its true that if the Pac 12 got the FREE Pub that the SEC gets from CBS and ESPN the individual marketing would not be as important and if UW ruled the PAC 12 that got FREE Pub all the better

But the Pac 12 marketing sucks and Larry is an idiot so there you go and here we are
    I get it. But if UW won a natty vs Bama with a mean fucking defense ESPN and CBS would love us

Winning solves everything, it doesnt even have to be the natty.

Right now, UW is the loveable try hard that cant win a nationally relevant game. The Pac 12 is an afterthought because it sucks. These issues are 100x bigger of a problem than any perceived marketing deficiencies
    The Big 12 sucks as bad but the Oklahoma brand puts them above the Pac 12

The Pac 12 could still suck but the USC brand would be strong if they didn't suck and the whole league would benefit

When your champ and that's us doesn't care enough to get a decent brand then its a real issue

In 2016 USC won the post season and off season natty over us by winning the Rose Bowl and being USC

UW is famous for firing Rick in June and hiring Ty to go 0-12. And Todd Turner.

Our former players do a better job on twitter than UW does. Oregon gets the top recruit in the country after finishing 4th because of branding. They get it. UW has a bunch of old fucks saying just play ball

Oregon and USC have won multiple NY6 bowls since 2000. UW hasnt done a fucking thing except lose on the big stage. Oregon might have lost to Ohio State, but they curb stomped an undefeated FSU.

When people think of UW, they think of 24-7 and the Browning pick 6. Or maybe UW being down by a million to PSU and OSU, at which point the fans turned the game off.

Your brand can only be as strong as your performance in sports. Right now the only thing UW has is the strongest retard medal aka Pac 12 championships.

Not winning important games hamstrings the entire marketing machine
    How can you argue with someone this dumb?

So, you're saying if we win big games that would improve things? NO FUCKING WAY!!! What chinsight.

You don't understand branding or what you are talking about on any level. Although, if you want people who are dumb, accept mediocrity, don't like fans who demand improvement and talk about things they know nothing about like they are experts because they are displeased with someone perturbing their happy idiot world... I can suggest a website that you would enjoy!

They have all of that and more at dawgman.com. I think you would enjoy it there. They think recruiting is overrated and we can never compete until we win, but we can't win until we win - but this year's recruiting class was great so why are you guys all complaining? too!!
    First off, I never claimed ... oh not me this time.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone else notice that the back of the jumbo tron, facing the lake, has Alaska Airlines on it? Not a W. Grateful for the dough Alaska Air, but Alaska Air isn't really synonymous with UW football. Oregon can get away with a big swoosh, because they are, but they are still putting a big fucking 0 on the outside of the stadium. Little shit that bothers me.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Anyone else notice that the back of the jumbo tron, facing the lake, has Alaska Airlines on it? Not a W. Grateful for the dough Alaska Air, but Alaska Air isn't really synonymous with UW football. Oregon can get away with a big swoosh, because they are, but they are still putting a big fucking 0 on the outside of the stadium. Little shit that bothers me.

Sorry, everyone knows simple little hometown/local things can't be taken care of until after UW wins a national championship.

Im going to need to see a national championship or atleast a Rose Bowl win before I allow criticism of something as mind blowingly stupid as the Zone.

until then please keep all discussions on branding or marketing, including discussions on the new official school color (black) or how empty the stadium is against EWU to the branding/marketing board.

Thanks
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

Sorry, everyone knows simple little hometown/local things can't be taken care of until after UW wins a national championship.

Im going to need to see a national championship or atleast a Rose Bowl win before I allow criticism of something as mind blowingly stupid as the Zone.

until then please keep all discussions on branding or marketing, including discussions on the new official school color (black) or how empty the stadium is against EWU to the branding/marketing board.

Thanks
    Whoosh as always.

Fuck around with the little things all you want. It doesnt matter that much in the big scheme of things. Having a W replace Alaska airlines isnt going to bring fans, nor will using black less.

In college football, your brand is mostly judged on whether or not you fucking win.