Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most profitable teams bombshell! #19 will shock you!

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,502
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019
    Uh dude, UW produces videos that I like a lot more than those Oklahoma ones...are those supposed to be some kind of trend setting marketing material? Because they arent
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,062
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'd expect the lions share to be in travel. Being the northernmost, almost western most FBS team (excluding the rainbow warriors) in the nation has its costs. Especially when you travel to Atlanta, New York, Atlanta in three straight years. Not to mention that every other school in the conference, with the exception of the boovs is 250 or more miles away, that shit adds up. The only other schools in the P5 that encounter the travel are obviously Hawaii, WVU, Texas Tech, and WSU. Lets just say that in the distance from UW to Arizona, Alabama can play against every team in the SEC, ACC, B1G, and B12. We get the P12 and MW (excluding Hawaii).

According to the article our travel expenses are top 5, but we are also in the top 5 in equipment, marketing and game expenses. Not sure exactly what game expenses are? Like in stadium entertainment? Consessions and ticketing staff?

Will the new Adidas deal affect the equipment ranking good or bad I wonder?
    I just have a hard time believing they are spending all that much on marketing. Game expenses I have no clue. They added fireworks this year? They probably have to pay stadium workers a higher wage than most places.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I'd expect the lions share to be in travel. Being the northernmost, almost western most FBS team (excluding the rainbow warriors) in the nation has its costs. Especially when you travel to Atlanta, New York, Atlanta in three straight years. Not to mention that every other school in the conference, with the exception of the boovs is 250 or more miles away, that shit adds up. The only other schools in the P5 that encounter the travel are obviously Hawaii, WVU, Texas Tech, and WSU. Lets just say that in the distance from UW to Arizona, Alabama can play against every team in the SEC, ACC, B1G, and B12. We get the P12 and MW (excluding Hawaii).

According to the article our travel expenses are top 5, but we are also in the top 5 in equipment, marketing and game expenses. Not sure exactly what game expenses are? Like in stadium entertainment? Consessions and ticketing staff?

Will the new Adidas deal affect the equipment ranking good or bad I wonder?
    I just have a hard time believing they are spending all that much on marketing. Game expenses I have no clue. They added fireworks this year? They probably have to pay stadium workers a higher wage than most places.
    I agree I have a hard time believing it as well, that's been my whole point in this thread. We are clearly not getting top 5 marketing for top 5 marketing money.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    We didn’t even talk about Clemson or Ohio State, or Alabama.

Also, I think you confuse a lot of marketing with things that don’t have to do with our marketing department. Content produced specifically by UW is not close to a lot of these schools.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019
    This stuff is subjective and you guys will bitch about everything until we are ranked #1 in recruiting. Which is fine, but none of those Oklahamo videos were any better than the stuff UW produces. A lot of it was really cheesy, in my opinion.

The UW weight room videos are a million times better than that Hurts one. The record store stuff is cringey. UW does a great job showing off Husky Stadium and the facilities in the videos they produce.

The biggest problem with the brand is the lack of uniform identity.
  • Options

This stuff is subjective and you guys will bitch about everything until we are ranked #1 in recruiting. Which is fine, but none of those Oklahamo videos were any better than the stuff UW produces. A lot of it was really cheesy, in my opinion.

The UW weight room videos are a million times better than that Hurts one. The record store stuff is cringey. UW does a great job showing off Husky Stadium and the facilities in the videos they produce.

OH, JUST THAT!
  • Options
    Founders Club

Go ahead and compare their signing day videos with the ones we did... it’s not even close.
    In my opinion their videos are over the top and corny, even if the production and editing is good.

You guys are just broken by the Ty years and view everything through shit colored glasses. Our marketing is pretty good minus the uniforms, and it's a subjective argument to begin with. Im sure some people love the fucktarded Aaron Feld videos
  • Options

Go ahead and compare their signing day videos with the ones we did... it’s not even close.
    In my opinion their videos are over the top and corny, even if the production and editing is good.

You guys are just broken by the Ty years and view everything through shit colored glasses. Our marketing is pretty good minus the uniforms, and it's a subjective argument to begin with. Im sure some people love the fucktarded Aaron Feld videos
    Cool
  • Options
    Founders Club

Cool

Thanks for trying to prove your point and failing
  • Options

Cool

Go ahead and post the UW signing day videos, let the people decide!

If you talked to the people in charge you’d be stunned too.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Cool

Go ahead and post the UW signing day videos, let the people decide!

If you talked to the people in charge you’d be stunned too.
    What about the videos that UW does for team workouts, lifting, showcases of the stadium and facilities? I get the teen boy commitment stuff is really important to you, that's a given.
  • Options
    We did get kinda sidetracked too, most of the stuff we are talking about is football content which has nothing to do with the marketing team. But that’s another story. My bad on that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

We did get kinda sidetracked too, most of the stuff we are talking about is football content which has nothing to do with the marketing team. But that’s another story. My bad on that.

Anything posted in UW social media is marketing
  • Options
    Things that the marketing department owns/works directly with:

Gameday (all encompassing: content, tailgating, zone, ads, commercial break content, etc.)
    Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions
    UW athletics font, script, color, etc.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

Things that the marketing department owns/works directly with:

Gameday (all encompassing: content, tailgating, zone, ads, commercial break content, etc.)
    Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions
    UW athletics font, script, color, etc.

So who in your mind is managing the UW football and athletics twitter pages? IT? finance?

Whenever I see you guys bitching about marketing it's usually about the Twitter page. Uniforms and game atmosphere need work no doubt
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Anything posted in UW social media is marketing
    Yes, it's all branding. But when Scott Huff shoots a front squat friday video on his camera phone (or one of his GA's does) and tweets it out none of that is coming from anything to do with our marketing budget.