Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most profitable teams bombshell! #19 will shock you!

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Things that the marketing department owns/works directly with:

Gameday (all encompassing: content, tailgating, zone, ads, commercial break content, etc.)
    Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions
    UW athletics font, script, color, etc.

So who in your mind is managing the UW football and athletics twitter pages? IT? finance?
    Man, this is not in my mind. I know this. UW football is run by the football department. I’m trying to educate!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

Gameday (all encompassing: content, tailgating, zone, ads, commercial break content, etc.)
    Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions

So who in your mind is managing the UW football and athletics twitter pages? IT? finance?
    Man, this is not in my mind. I know this. UW football is run by the football department. I’m trying to educate!
    Okay, but my point is that it is marketing and branding material. Hence, marketing.

Im talking about perception of the UW marketing as a whole in this thread because I constantly see complaints about it from recruiting enthusiasts.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions

Okay, but my point is that it is marketing and branding material. Hence, marketing.

Im talking about perception of the UW brand as a whole in this thread.
    Great. I get you.

But if you think the UW brand is strong I don’t know what to tell you.
    The UW brand is as strong as it is ever going to get without winning a big Bowl game or three
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions

Great. I get you.

The UW brand is as strong as it is ever going to get without winning a big Bowl game or three
    Its true that if the Pac 12 got the FREE Pub that the SEC gets from CBS and ESPN the individual marketing would not be as important and if UW ruled the PAC 12 that got FREE Pub all the better

But the Pac 12 marketing sucks and Larry is an idiot so there you go and here we are
    I get it. But if UW won a natty vs Bama with a mean fucking defense ESPN and CBS would love us. Oregon and USC got lots of love during their runs.

Winning solves everything, it doesnt even have to be the natty.

Right now, UW is the weird try hard team that cant win a nationally relevant game. The Pac 12 is an afterthought because it sucks. These issues are 100x bigger of a problem than any perceived marketing deficiencies
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beautiful and brilliant that still has class? Im sorry DNC but that shit is corny. What does UW need to do, change font to cursive?

Being top 6 could just be a symptom of having a large number of employees earning Seattle wages, not Tuscaloosa wages

My description is corny or Oklahoma's marketing is corny? If you don't like my description I don't really care, if you don't like Oklahoma's marketing I'd love to hear what your issue is.
    The burden of proof is on you. Show me some Oklahoma marketing material that is objectively better than our stuff.
    The problem is UW marketing has no idea what the brand is.
    #SCODUCKS

War Eagle

Pretty clear to me
    Is that stupid cunt still on the staff?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions

Great. I get you.

Its true that if the Pac 12 got the FREE Pub that the SEC gets from CBS and ESPN the individual marketing would not be as important and if UW ruled the PAC 12 that got FREE Pub all the better

But the Pac 12 marketing sucks and Larry is an idiot so there you go and here we are
    I get it. But if UW won a natty vs Bama with a mean fucking defense ESPN and CBS would love us

Right now, UW is the loveable try hard that cant win a nationally relevant game. The Pac 12 is an afterthought because it sucks. These issues are 100x bigger of a problem than any perceived marketing deficiencies
    The Big 12 sucks as bad but the Oklahoma brand puts them above the Pac 12

The Pac 12 could still suck but the USC brand would be strong if they didn't suck and the whole league would benefit

When your champ and that's us doesn't care enough to get a decent brand then its a real issue

In 2016 USC won the post season and off season natty over us by winning the Rose Bowl and being USC

UW is famous for firing Rick in June and hiring Ty to go 0-12. And Todd Turner.

Our former players do a better job on twitter than UW does. Oregon gets the top recruit in the country after finishing 4th because of branding. They get it. UW has a bunch of old fucks saying just play ball

Oregon and USC have won multiple NY6 bowls since 2000. UW hasnt done a fucking thing except lose on the big stage. Oregon might have lost to Ohio State, but they curb stomped an undefeated FSU.

When people think of UW, they think of 24-7 and the Browning pick 6. Or maybe UW being down by a million to PSU and OSU, at which point the fans turned the game off.

Your brand can only be as strong as your performance in sports. Right now the only thing UW has is the strongest retard medal aka Pac 12 championships.

Not winning important games hamstrings the entire marketing machine
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions

Great. I get you.

I get it. But if UW won a natty vs Bama with a mean fucking defense ESPN and CBS would love us

Right now, UW is the loveable try hard that cant win a nationally relevant game. The Pac 12 is an afterthought because it sucks. These issues are 100x bigger of a problem than any perceived marketing deficiencies

The Pac 12 could still suck but the USC brand would be strong if they didn't suck and the whole league would benefit

When your champ and that's us doesn't care enough to get a decent brand then its a real issue

In 2016 USC won the post season and off season natty over us by winning the Rose Bowl and being USC

Our former players do a better job on twitter than UW does. Oregon gets the top recruit in the country after finishing 4th because of branding. They get it. UW has a bunch of old fucks saying just play ball

Oregon and USC have won multiple NY6 bowls since 2000. UW hasnt done a fucking thing except lose on the big stage. Oregon might have lost to Ohio State, but they curb stomped an undefeated FSU.

When people think of UW, they think of 24-7 and the Browning pick 6. Or maybe UW being down by a million to PSU and OSU, at which point the fans turned the game off.

Your brand can only be as strong as your performance in sports. Right now the only thing UW has is the strongest retard medal aka Pac 12 championships.

There is a real life branding expert here and I hope he chimes in.

Your post is so dumb it hurts.

“Your brand is only as strong as your performance,” my god how dumb are you? Is this why companies, spend millions on branding, even when they aren’t the best in their market?

Please stop talking about this.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

Band
    Cheer
    Dubs (his name too)
    Uniforms
    Promotions

Great. I get you.

There is a real life branding expert here and I hope he chimes in.

Your post is so dumb it hurts.

“Your brand is only as strong as your performance,” my god how dumb are you? Is this why companies, spend millions on branding, even when they aren’t the best in their market?

Please stop talking about this.

The best marketing firm in the world couldnt make Ty Willingham era football relevant nationally

The best marketing firm in the world isnt going to get 4loko rated as a 90+ wine.

How are you judging this you retarded fucking pedo? Are we judging this by tickets sold, subjective rambling on the internet, or performance of the football team itself? My point has always been that winning improves everything far more than recruits perusing record shops does.

A lot of the best products and brands out there barely market because they have the reputation of being the best that is earned by performing well.

Not performing well puts a cap on everything. Comprende?

Jesus.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,331
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ty's personal brand was very strong though. That really fucked us. He's a perfect example of branding over results. He won multiple Rose Bowls at Stanford you know
  • Options
    Founders Club

Ty's personal brand was very strong though. That really fucked us. He's a perfect example of branding over results. He won multiple Rose Bowls at Stanford you know

Yup.

For 99% of CFB fans, the game results are the brand
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beautiful and brilliant that still has class? Im sorry DNC but that shit is corny. What does UW need to do, change font to cursive?

Being top 6 could just be a symptom of having a large number of employees earning Seattle wages, not Tuscaloosa wages

My description is corny or Oklahoma's marketing is corny? If you don't like my description I don't really care, if you don't like Oklahoma's marketing I'd love to hear what your issue is.
    The burden of proof is on you. Show me some Oklahoma marketing material that is objectively better than our stuff.
    The problem is UW marketing has no idea what the brand is.
    #SCODUCKS

War Eagle

Pretty clear to me
    Enough said on that
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    Houhusky said:

How and the hell can anyone argue that UW marketing has been anything other than really really poor.

They had #SCODucks/WarEagle lady and a bunch of them pushing black fucking seats in the stadium on twitter just a few months ago.

Most people living east of Colorado hear washington and think Saint Louis or D.C.... USC, Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA all are more nationally recognized/better brands.

The UW branding has been fucking horrible.

UW had fucking years to run with the obvious Kings in the North, wolf, game of thrones, Purple reign, death row... fucking anything... Its right there

Even just a consistent purple would be nice.

Fucking hell... if it takes a 10% off one concessions item coupon to get people to wear a purple jacket/shirt then do it until you don't have to anymore.

Give out a free basketball ticket for a game against Santa Clara or some other shit team for the first 1000 students to enter the stadium on a big game day to make sure the stadium fills up early.

OUR? school color is basically Black now.

You don't have to win multiple Rose Bowl or championship to get small things right and have a decent brand. They cant even do a simple thing like make sure the stadium is filled with purple and gold before a game starts or get people back into the stadium before the start of the second half.

and thats ignoring all the little dumb shit like the gay black flags on the jersey font.

Yeah but PGOS's bored brand is strong so there's nothing to worry about here.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019
    Houhusky said:

How and the hell can anyone argue that UW marketing has been anything other than really really poor.

They had #SCODucks/WarEagle lady and a bunch of them pushing black fucking seats in the stadium on twitter just a few months ago.

Most people living east of Colorado hear washington and think Saint Louis or D.C.... USC, Stanford, Oregon, and UCLA all are more nationally recognized/better brands.

UW had fucking years to run with the obvious Kings in the North, wolf, game of thrones, Purple reign, death row... fucking anything... Its right there

Fucking hell... if it takes a 10% off one concessions item coupon to get people to wear a purple jacket/shirt then do it until you don't have to anymore.

Give out a free basketball ticket for a game against Santa Clara or some other shit team for the first 1000 students to enter the stadium on a big game day to make sure the stadium fills up early.

You don't have to win multiple Rose Bowl or championship to get small things right and have a decent brand. They cant even do a simple thing like make sure the stadium is filled with purple and gold before a game starts or get people back into the stadium before the start of the second half.

and thats ignoring all the little dumb shit like the gay black flags on the jersey font.

So wearing purple will make east coast people know Washington means DAWG football, not DC or the redskins

Winning fixes this stuff more than giving fans free shit to wear purple.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Houhusky said:

So wearing purple will make east coast people know Washington means DAWG football, not DC or the redskins

Why are you so obsessed with east coast people? This isn't about them, primarily.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Why are you so obsessed with east coast people? This isn't about them, primarily.
    Im not I just thought that was a funny comment by @Houhusky