Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Most profitable teams bombshell! #19 will shock you!

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

The Huskies are among the sport’s top spenders, ranking among the top five teams in travel, equipment, marketing and game expenses; overall, Washington spends more than all but five other programs.
    This makes me happy overall, but ho. lee. shit. what the fuck are we getting for our marketing dollars? Is this like Larry Scott being far and away the highest paid commissioner? SoFuckingIrritating.gif

#FireRachaelMarieDoyle

The whole Purple Reign shtick is kinda cool

The typically teen boi stalking enthusiasts would bitch about anything

That marketing gal promoting Oregon and Auburn was a big miss, though
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

The Huskies are among the sport’s top spenders, ranking among the top five teams in travel, equipment, marketing and game expenses; overall, Washington spends more than all but five other programs.
    This makes me happy overall, but ho. lee. shit. what the fuck are we getting for our marketing dollars? Is this like Larry Scott being far and away the highest paid commissioner? SoFuckingIrritating.gif

#FireRachaelMarieDoyle

Our marketing is a lot better than Crazy Larry era but still generally not very good. I would have never guessed we are in the top 5 in marketing spending.
  • Options
    Founders Club

#FireRachaelMarieDoyle

Our marketing is a lot better than Crazy Larry era but still generally not very good. I would have never guessed we are in the top 5 in marketing spending.
    Show me examples of a program doing it better? Genuinely curios.

Do not say Oregon and the Duck flock
  • Options

#FireRachaelMarieDoyle

Show me examples of a program doing it better? Genuinely curios.

Do not say Oregon and the Duck flock
    I'd never say Oregon but they've done very well for what they have gone for. I'm glad we aren't trying to go there though.

Oklahoma puts out some beautiful and brilliant stuff that still has class, and i fucking hate OU.

Not going to research this but generally speaking damn near every school down here in SEC country promotes itself better than UW does, while apparently spending less money doing it.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2019

I just always assumed UW didn't give a shit about marketing and that's why ours is shitty. I never considered that we highly prioritize it financially and it's still a clusterfuck.

Everything is cheaper in the third world parts of the country.

Edit...oops I meant to quote your post before this one
  • Options
    chuck said:

I just always assumed UW didn't give a shit about marketing and that's why ours is shitty. I never considered that we highly prioritize it financially and it's still a clusterfuck.

Everything is cheaper in the third world parts of the country.
    Fair. You would still think UW could produce something quality for top 5 money.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Beautiful and brilliant that still has class? Im sorry DNC but that shit is corny. What does UW need to do, change font to cursive?

Being top 6 could just be a symptom of having a large number of employees earning Seattle wages, not Tuscaloosa wages
  • Options

I'd expect the lions share to be in travel. Being the northernmost, almost western most FBS team (excluding the rainbow warriors) in the nation has its costs. Especially when you travel to Atlanta, New York, Atlanta in three straight years. Not to mention that every other school in the conference, with the exception of the boovs is 250 or more miles away, that shit adds up. The only other schools in the P5 that encounter the travel are obviously Hawaii, WVU, Texas Tech, and WSU. Lets just say that in the distance from UW to Arizona, Alabama can play against every team in the SEC, ACC, B1G, and B12. We get the P12 and MW (excluding Hawaii).

According to the article our travel expenses are top 5, but we are also in the top 5 in equipment, marketing and game expenses. Not sure exactly what game expenses are? Like in stadium entertainment? Consessions and ticketing staff?

Will the new Adidas deal affect the equipment ranking good or bad I wonder?
  • Options

Beautiful and brilliant that still has class? Im sorry DNC but that shit is corny. What does UW need to do, change font to cursive?

Being top 6 could just be a symptom of having a large number of employees earning Seattle wages, not Tuscaloosa wages

My description is corny or Oklahoma's marketing is corny? If you don't like my description I don't really care, if you don't like Oklahoma's marketing I'd love to hear what your issue is.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

My description is corny or Oklahoma's marketing is corny? If you don't like my description I don't really care, if you don't like Oklahoma's marketing I'd love to hear what your issue is.
    The burden of proof is on you. Show me some Oklahoma marketing material that is objectively better than our stuff.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Also, what Oklahoma did for signing day was insane this year.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2019

The burden of proof is on you. Show me some Oklahoma marketing material that is objectively better than our stuff.
    The problem is UW marketing has no idea what the brand is.
    They don't? Seems they are pretty consistent with the "greatest setting in sports, come play big time football in a major city, we are northern and huskies look like wolves" shit. They also market specifically for polys with the purple and gold patterns and always reference we are the best in the west.

What should they do? Should the material say "we were 1991 champs!!" in every twitter post?

A lot of you pay way more attention than I do, you tell me. If you want to say our uniforms suck and dilute our brand I 1000% agree