Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Covington student sues Washington Post for $250 million

Comments

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,397
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Show me the money
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,070
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    trublue said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

There are numerous quotes in the complaint from the Post. You lied O'Keefed.

I didn’t say there were no partial quotations. Is there even one complete sentence quoted in the entire pleading?
    Wow, you didn't read the entire complaint did you O'Keefed. Man I pity your clients.
    Is HH another ambulance chaser?
    For a “man” who boasts about having a law degree and an MBA from UW, he is educated beyond common sense and virtually always wrong.

Allegedly works in some type of civil law practice.

Think he skipped criminal law or is suffering from the Biden syndrome.

He’s excellent at lying, obfuscation and denial even when his balls are in a vise.

His posting on the “Hands Up, Don’t Shoot” fiasco in Ferguson were classic HH.

We need a study to figure out how so many that attend college emerge with a lower IQ and cleansed of all common sense. Many here know the answer.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,038
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

trublue said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

I didn’t say there were no partial quotations. Is there even one complete sentence quoted in the entire pleading?
    Wow, you didn't read the entire complaint did you O'Keefed. Man I pity your clients.
    For a “man” who boasts about having a law degree and an MBA from UW, he is educated beyond common sense and virtually always wrong.

He’s excellent at lying, obfuscation and denial even when his balls are in a vise.

We need a study to figure out how so many that attend college emerge with a lower IQ and cleansed of all common sense. Many here know the answer.
    Plus the dazzler is a moral coward.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,279
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

trublue said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Plus the dazzler is a moral coward.
    Disagree
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Anyone else notice how the Dazzler has now posted dozens of responses all since the news came out exposing him as both liar and moron and not a single one of his posts acknowledges that he had his head up his ass.

That's some form of cowardice Dazzler.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah, the dazzler thinks that his taxes are to low and that this is a moral issue. But he won't pay more taxes unless he is forced to by law backed up by a gun. Definitely a profiles in courage moment.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

HHusky said:

Doogles said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

For frivolous reporting. WaPo fucked up.
    Sure. But damages are going to be difficult to document in a case like this.
    He ain't getting a quarter billion but I bet he gets a nice seven figure settlement.
    Maybe. I just read the complaint though. You would think the Post would be extensively quoted in a case of defamation seeking $200 million in punitive damages. But the Post isn’t quoted very much or at much length. Instead, the theory seems to be what the Post knew or should have known. The word “malice” is thrown around, but it seems closer to a negligent reporting claim.
    On January 19, 20 and 21, the Post ignored the truth and falsely accused Nicholas of, among other things, “accost[ing]” Phillips by “suddenly swarm[ing]” him in a “threaten[ing]” and “physically intimidat[ing]” manner as Phillips “and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave,” “block[ing]” Phillips path, refusing to allow Phillips “to retreat,” “taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd,” chanting “build that wall,” “Trump2020,” or “go back to Africa,” and otherwise engaging in racist and improper conduct which ended only “when Phillips and other activists walked away.”

Why you always check O'Keefed's claims. Shocking, he lied.
    You’re making my point, blob. That paragraph is just about the only substantive allegation and the quotations are so choppy that you have to fully accept the characterization of the quotations as perfectly true to construct any argument. There are no lengthy statements quoted in their original context. The complaint goes on for pages without much more than conclusory statements about the Post’s alleged motivation.
    Does the fact that he's a minor have any impact? I assume not, but in the court of public opinion it could be a huge blow to the post. They might just settle to shut the kid up.
    I’m not aware of any reason his being a minor makes any difference legally.
    I took a journalism ethics class many moons ago so I barely remember much, but I do recall the protection of a Minor's identity/image is a pretty big deal.

Whether it's libel or negligence I don't know, but the kid is going to get paid.
    There may very well be journalistic ethics rules and codes. But I’m not aware of anything that makes his legal claim any stronger.
    I'm not the expert, but if someone put a gun to my head I'm betting he gets paid more than enough in a settlement.

He could probably say all kinds of shit being a minor, That all the backlash gave him anxiety and kept him from getting accepted into that six-fig dream school college, whatever.

Bezos will write a check, brush his teeth, and move the fuck on.
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Frivolous lawsuit.

For frivolous reporting. WaPo fucked up.
    Sure. But damages are going to be difficult to document in a case like this.
    He ain't getting a quarter billion but I bet he gets a nice seven figure settlement.
    Maybe. I just read the complaint though. You would think the Post would be extensively quoted in a case of defamation seeking $200 million in punitive damages. But the Post isn’t quoted very much or at much length. Instead, the theory seems to be what the Post knew or should have known. The word “malice” is thrown around, but it seems closer to a negligent reporting claim.
    On January 19, 20 and 21, the Post ignored the truth and falsely accused Nicholas of, among other things, “accost[ing]” Phillips by “suddenly swarm[ing]” him in a “threaten[ing]” and “physically intimidat[ing]” manner as Phillips “and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave,” “block[ing]” Phillips path, refusing to allow Phillips “to retreat,” “taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd,” chanting “build that wall,” “Trump2020,” or “go back to Africa,” and otherwise engaging in racist and improper conduct which ended only “when Phillips and other activists walked away.”

Why you always check O'Keefed's claims. Shocking, he lied.
    You’re making my point, blob. That paragraph is just about the only substantive allegation and the quotations are so choppy that you have to fully accept the characterization of the quotations as perfectly true to construct any argument. There are no lengthy statements quoted in their original context. The complaint goes on for pages without much more than conclusory statements about the Post’s alleged motivation.
    Does the fact that he's a minor have any impact? I assume not, but in the court of public opinion it could be a huge blow to the post. They might just settle to shut the kid up.
    I’m not aware of any reason his being a minor makes any difference legally.
    I took a journalism ethics class many moons ago so I barely remember much, but I do recall the protection of a Minor's identity/image is a pretty big deal.

Whether it's libel or negligence I don't know, but the kid is going to get paid.
    You took a journalism ethics class? That makes you a first amendment and libel law expert in trump world. Do you advise GayBob on his legal analyses as well?
    Hey fag I made it clear I don't know what I'm talking about, just surprised anyone would bet he won't get paid.

How many Ls must you take in this lifetime?
    @CirrhosisDawg

@HHusky @hondo

• Options

Yeah, the dazzler thinks that his taxes are to low and that this is a moral issue. But he won't pay more taxes unless he is forced to by law backed up by a gun. Definitely a profiles in courage moment.

Weird. It doesn’t matter how many times I tell Gasbag that taxes aren’t a moral issue for me, he repeats that they are.

Lying—it’s the new moral courage!
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Bring back #ourhondo
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Anyone else notice how the Dazzler has now posted dozens of responses all since the news came out exposing him as both liar and moron and not a single one of his posts acknowledges that he had his head up his ass.

I said I was surprised, ma’am. You know, like you were when Michael Brown’s parents got $1.5 million.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

I said I was surprised, ma’am. You know, like you were when Michael Brown’s parents got $1.5 million.
    But I wasn't surprised that the city's insurances paid Brown's parents. Why are you such a fucking liar Dazzler? The thing that really wasn't surprising is that once again you put your head up your ass and lack the integrity to admit you were wrong, and are now lying about it.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

But I wasn't surprised that the city's insurances paid Brown's parents. Why are you such a fucking liar Dazzler? The thing that really wasn't surprising is that once again you put your head up your ass and lack the integrity to admit you were wrong, and are now lying about it.
    Madam, why are you haranguing me? My prediction was on the board for all to see. I was surprised the WaPo would settle it for any price. I can speculate why they did, but we’ll never know.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Madam, why are you haranguing me? My prediction was on the board for all to see. I was surprised the WaPo would settle it for any price. I can speculate why they did, but we’ll never know.
    You claimed he didn't even have a case and that it would be dismissed on Summary Judgment. After CNN settled you lied and claimed you had only made your prediction about the WaPo. You've now performed your usual jackass dance and continued to lie which is what you usually do when it's been shown that you put your head up your ass.

Soon enough you'll start lying and claim you never said he didn't have a case.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

You claimed he didn't even have a case and that it would be dismissed on Summary Judgment. After CNN settled you lied and claimed you had only made your prediction about the WaPo. You've now performed your usual jackass dance and continued to lie which is what you usually do when it's been shown that you put your head up your ass.

Legally, his case was terrible from everything we know. But we don’t know what they paid and we don’t know how embarrassing the email traffic in the newsroom may have been—after all, we agree the WaPo is liberal and elitist, don’t we? I doubt exposure to a judgment had very much to do with the willingness to settle.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah. The dazzler has often said that his taxes are too low. That certainly isn't a moral judgment. The politicians he votes for state that raising taxes is a moral obligation if not a patriotic duty. But, again, that isn't a moral judgment.
  • Options

Yeah. The dazzler has often said that his taxes are too low. That certainly isn't a moral judgment. The politicians he votes for state that raising taxes is a moral obligation if not a patriotic duty. But, again, that isn't a moral judgment.

Pressing.

Taxes are about arithmetic and practicality. What do we need to collect and finance in order to pay for what we’ve chosen to undertake? And who has that money, the poor and lower middle class, or the rich and upper middle class?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Telling the truth about you isn't pressing. Your statement is a moral judgment. You have chosen many government undertakings. You pay for them. I haven't. I'm happy to admit that is a moral judgment. You just lie.
  • Options

Telling the truth about you isn't pressing. Your statement is a moral judgment. You have chosen many government undertakings. You pay for them. I haven't. I'm happy to admit that is a moral judgment. You just lie.

So taxes are a moral issue for you. And apparently, so is everything else.

What a bore.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Weird. It doesn’t matter how many times I tell Gasbag that taxes aren’t a moral issue for me, he repeats that they are.

Lying—it’s the new moral courage!
    As an accomplished liar, you should know.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Legally, his case was terrible from everything we know. But we don’t know what they paid and we don’t know how embarrassing the email traffic in the newsroom may have been—after all, we agree the WaPo is liberal and elitist, don’t we? I doubt exposure to a judgment had very much to do with the willingness to settle.
    Take the L and move on. You're just making yourself look dumber, which is hard to do.