Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Covington student sues Washington Post for $250 million

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,368
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I'm hearing they told the kid to go back where he came from

The civility of the left on full display

You should read the opinion. You might learn something.
    The opinion has nothing to do with how the kids were treated

Keep deflecting from the type of fake reporting that put their life in danger
    Don't be a snowflake.
    Your hypocrisy has never known any bounds
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.
    Race is poking sticks, but he’s right too. That story had no business being covered by reputable media, except as perhaps a “here’s what social media didn’t show you” story. Instead they let the mob yank them along by the nosering. Complete malpractice of journalism.
    I just thought we were concerned about putting people's lives in danger

These kids don't even get 24 hour armed federal protection
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,388
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.
    Race is poking sticks, but he’s right too. That story had no business being covered by reputable media, except as perhaps a “here’s what social media didn’t show you” story. Instead they let the mob yank them along by the nosering. Complete malpractice of journalism.
    Shitty journalism isn’t actionable. And the right should be thankful for that as much as the left should.

My impression reading the complaint was that the lawyers involved were more interested in being culture warriors than in competently evaluating whether they really had a defamation case. It was much too filled with their words and too little filled with anything the WaPo had actually said. I don’t know about the remaining cases because I haven’t read the pleadings.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.
    Shitty journalism isn’t actionable. And the right should be thankful for that as much as the left should.

My impression reading the complaint was that the lawyers involved were more interested in being culture warriors than in competently evaluating whether they really had a defamation case. It was much too filled with their words and too little filled with anything the WaPo had actually said. I don’t know about the remaining cases because I haven’t read the pleadings.
    That’s not what I said there. As far as the legal case, I’m glad they brought it but I always knew it would be difficult. Libel always is. But it was interesting from the beginning there was no basis to say the kid was a public figure. Usually that makes most claims of libel tossed around unactionable at all. Also agree with you on primary motivation of the attorneys.

All that being said, the MSM (hate that term but it’s short) rushed into a nonevent, reporting too quickly and sacrificing credibility based on nothing more than a snotty smirk. No readily apparent crime, no public figures involved, nothing to command front page urgency but the mob. Truly shameful.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

The public square is a messy place. There's Injuns and stuff. They could have stayed in Hooterville instead of traveling to DC to participate in a fetus fetish rally. Let's be a little less drama queen and a lot less naïve.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

That’s not what I said there. As far as the legal case, I’m glad they brought it but I always knew it would be difficult. Libel always is. But it was interesting from the beginning there was no basis to say the kid was a public figure. Usually that makes most claims of libel tossed around unactionable at all. Also agree with you on primary motivation of the attorneys.

All that being said, the MSM (hate that term but it’s short) rushed into a nonevent, reporting too quickly and sacrificing credibility based on nothing more than a snotty smirk. No readily apparent crime, no public figures involved, nothing to command front page urgency but the mob. Truly shameful.
    The judge was very through. The claim was defamation. There really wasn't anything there. The whole thing may have been a non-event, I agree, but it happened in the public square where everyone involved chose to be.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

The public square is a messy place. There's Injuns and stuff. They could have stayed in Hooterville instead of traveling to DC to participate in a fetus fetish rally. Let's be a little less drama queen and a lot less naïve.
    Keep walking into the wall

Is the Squad in the public square?

• Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

Keep walking into the wall

Is the Squad in the public square?

Yes.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Btw, I looked and I would say the CNN complaint suffers from most of the same short comings as the WaPo complaint, but there are a few specific alleged statements of CNN personnel that arguably make it a little better from the plaintiff’s perspective. The CNN complaint might survive a motion to dismiss. We’ll see.
  • Options
    And the NBC complaint looks an awful lot like the WaPo complaint to me. So I’d guess that NBC will probably get out on a motion to dismiss.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

The judge was very through. The claim was defamation. There really wasn't anything there. The whole thing may have been a non-event, I agree, but it happened in the public square where everyone involved chose to be.
    You're focused on the legal issues. Fine. No argument on the public square, etc.

My chief issue was the failure of journalists practices and editorial procedures. They fucked up badly and completely unforced. As I've said before, I'm glad they brought suit despite the long odds to win, that was always secondary for me.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

You're focused on the legal issues. Fine. No argument on the public square, etc.

My chief issue was the failure of journalists practices and editorial procedures. They fucked up badly and completely unforced. As I've said before, I'm glad they brought suit despite the long odds to win, that was always secondary for me.
    You’re falling into the trap of treating the MSM as a real thing. “They” are not a monolithic entity and “they” aren’t necessarily all responsible for any wrongdoing.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

You’re falling into the trap of treating the MSM as a real thing. “They” are not a monolithic entity and “they” aren’t necessarily all responsible for any wrongdoing.
    True, which is why I hesitated to use the term. However, two of the self-touted journals-of-record, WaPo and NYT, ran this non-story. They have significant marketing spends telling the public they are the true Fifth Estate. In this case, they were no better than any other shitrate blog.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

True, which is why I hesitated to use the term. However, two of the self-touted journals-of-record, WaPo and NYT, ran this non-story. They have significant marketing spends telling the public they are the true Fifth Estate. In this case, they were no better than any other shitrate blog.
    This story didn’t just get legs because of the left side of the aisle. Part of the shitshow was due also to the right wing outrage machine. I agree with you that the story was a big bore, but when I couldn’t recognize the kid’s name on this very message board, it wasn’t a lefty who pitched shit at me. This story took on an outsized importance to partisans of every stripe.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don't be a snowflake.

The story gained traction cause of Twitter and social media outrage. And both sides were fucktarded in the outrage. The reason the case was dismissed is because the WaPo posted the facts, which was more discussing the social media outrage. I posted those links at the time, when shitbirds like Bob were crying that the liberal media was demonizing the kid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lots of defending of threatening the lives of teenagers going on here

NOC about the courts but your hypocrisy is breathtaking

Which is why I don't care ab out your phony outrage over the Squad or anything else

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/02/01/dems-state-of-the-union-responder-shame-on-those-covington-kids-n2540664

https://wtaq.com/blogs/the-john-muir-show/20190/liberal-congresswoman-shamefully-attacks-covington-kids/

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:29 a.m. by John Muir
    A controversial, freshman Democrat Congresswoman is launching new attacks on the now-famous group of Covington, Kentucky High School students.

Minnesota Representative Ilhan Omar hit send on an overnight tweet that criticized the group, which was wrongly attacked by the left for events that unfolded in Washington D.C. last Friday after participation in the annual 'March for Life.'

Nick Sandmann and other students (many of whom were wearing 'Make America Great Again' hats) were portrayed as 'racist Trump supporters' after a face-to-face confrontation with 64-year-old Native American Nathan Phillips.

Many of those prominent liberals did not apologize, even after the full video was made public, showing that the kids remained restrained, respectful, and unmoved while being called disgusting names by racist adults in the Black Hebrew Israelite movement and were taunted by Phillips.

While many critics have gone silent, that's not the case with all of the students' critics.

Omar tweeted "The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled 'it's not rape if you enjoy it' ... They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants ... Sandmann's family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology."

Just so we have all the facts, which Omar apparently did not care to provide: the students were defending human life, were attacked by (not attacking) the black men, and were reciting school songs (not racist chants).

And after Omar rightfully received large amounts of backlash for the factually inaccurate tweet, she deleted it.

But she fears for her safety!!!!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/02/01/dems-state-of-the-union-responder-shame-on-those-covington-kids-n2540664

https://wtaq.com/blogs/the-john-muir-show/20190/liberal-congresswoman-shamefully-attacks-covington-kids/

A controversial, freshman Democrat Congresswoman is launching new attacks on the now-famous group of Covington, Kentucky High School students.

Minnesota Representative Ilhan Omar hit send on an overnight tweet that criticized the group, which was wrongly attacked by the left for events that unfolded in Washington D.C. last Friday after participation in the annual 'March for Life.'

Nick Sandmann and other students (many of whom were wearing 'Make America Great Again' hats) were portrayed as 'racist Trump supporters' after a face-to-face confrontation with 64-year-old Native American Nathan Phillips.

Many of those prominent liberals did not apologize, even after the full video was made public, showing that the kids remained restrained, respectful, and unmoved while being called disgusting names by racist adults in the Black Hebrew Israelite movement and were taunted by Phillips.

While many critics have gone silent, that's not the case with all of the students' critics.

Omar tweeted "The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled 'it's not rape if you enjoy it' ... They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants ... Sandmann's family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology."

Just so we have all the facts, which Omar apparently did not care to provide: the students were defending human life, were attacked by (not attacking) the black men, and were reciting school songs (not racist chants).

And after Omar rightfully received large amounts of backlash for the factually inaccurate tweet, she deleted it.

Your assumption is that the people on Twitter is the left. When reality you have no idea.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Your assumption is that the people on Twitter is the left. When reality you have no idea.
    What?

I posted about two rising stars of the Democrats smearing these kids and getting a mob to go to their school

Fuck off