Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

California just quit high speed rail debacle

sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
Imagine how crushing this news would be to cirrhosis dolezal if he actually lived in California

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    California voters approved the pricey proposal in 2008. Backers – including several Democratic lawmakers – heralded it as an inventive concept that would connect Californians and transform transit policies down the road.

But critics claimed the bullet train project was a waste of time and money.

“This so-called bullet train is a solution in search of a problem that is plagued by billions of dollars in cost overruns and fiscal mismanagement,” San Diego Councilman Mark Kersey told Fox News in 2018, adding that the billions wasted on the project “could have been invested in our current infrastructure needs, such as water storage, flood control, highways and bridges.” "

"Or a wall" Senator Bannon added laughing at the idiots who voted for this boondoggle in the first place.

"I hope AOC is paying attention," the Senator continued, "this is definitely in my plans as an issue when I run in 2024"
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,022
    It was only 77 billion wasted. Kalifornia has plenty money comrade. Reeducation camps need funding. No flying trains!
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Great news. I didn’t vote for it in 2008. It never made any sense financially, practically or economically. It’s just like trump’s border wall fiasco.
  • Options
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    • Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Great news. I didn’t vote for it in 2008. It never made any sense financially, practically or economically. It’s just like trump’s border wall fiasco.

But your heros wanted it and you voted for those commie fucks so yes you voted for it.
  • Options
    Fantasy was just terminated in favor of modern Science and Technology.

Are you not paying attention?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Totally overhaul transportation by massively expanding electric vehicle manufacturing, build charging stations everywhere, build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary, create affordable public transit available to all, with goal to replace every combustion-engine vehicle
    Clear photo shop
  • Options

Clear photo shop
    I'm hearing in 10 years aviation will become obsolete because there will be so many trains built.
    Flying trains!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Once upon a time alarmists like Hawking said man has how ever many years to find a new planet to live on because we are destroying earth

Gonna be tough to fire those rockets on compost fuel
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019
    High speed rail would have been fantastic about 40 years ago.

Even though Amtrak on the easy coast isn't high speed it kicks the crap out of flying.

I think it would make sense throughout Texas first.

Not too far of distances and nothing in between the cities. That California route is a fucking nightmare.

Phoenix and Tucson actually not a bad idea.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Even though Amtrak on the easy coast isn't high speed it kicks the crap out of flying.

Not too far of distances and nothing in between the cities. That California route is a fucking nightmare.

Albuquerque to Santa Fe was a waste. The West coast is too spread out for trains to make sense other than light rail stuff in town. San Diego and Portland both have a sweet setup.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Albuquerque to Santa Fe was a waste. The West coast is too spread out for trains to make sense other than light rail stuff in town. San Diego and Portland both have a sweet setup.
    It will be a mute point in 12 years anyways.
    Exactly. Flying trains will take over by then.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019
    2001400ex said:

Hey dumb faggot. <300 miles is perfect for high speed rail.

You can't have shit too close. Then you don't get there fast.

Like 100-250 or 300 is the sweet spot. Especially if it's flat and not much shit in between.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Hey dumb faggot. <300 miles is perfect for high speed rail. </p>
    Yes and the East coast is set up for that. But West coast is too Spread out. Albuquerque is lame unless you live right next to the a station and need to go right next to a station. It takes to long when you can just drive. I've made that commute a couple hundred times in the last 10 years.
  • Options
    Heads up, Youtube as been hacked. Or maybe q13, not sure

https://youtu.be/QnS0_4yB3Mc
  • Options
    Where's 2020 Presidential Hopeful Governor of Washington Jay Inslee today?
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

I've ridden the Railrunner between ABQ and SF a couple times while on a family vacations. Seems like it had good ridership when we were on it. The bathrooms smelled like the 4th Ave Taco Bell bathrooms though. Holy moses it was nasty.