Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Watson won a natty, not a Superbowl dumbass. I hate pro football so, I'll give you that. I would take a mobile QB also, unless the pocket passer is in a system with an elite supporting class. A mobile QB covers alot of mistakes by OL and receivers. A pocket passer relies on read8ng defenses, adjusting on fly, hot reads, outlets, and blocking schemes.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

In this era of football there is almost no excuse to have a QB that cant run or at least scramble. He looks like he has that ability at least.

This. I fucking hate pocket passers. Every good QB nowadays can run. You’re fucked if they can’t at least move around and pick up a couple first downs by buying time or running it.
    Agree. I will take Murray, Watson and Jackson over the Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Payton Mannings any day.
    Murray, Watsun and Jackson O titles

Brady, Bread, and Manning 8 titles

Yeah, I'll take the guys with 0 all day.....lol Doog logic at its best
    Obviously you didn't get the sarcasm.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

In this era of football there is almost no excuse to have a QB that cant run or at least scramble. He looks like he has that ability at least.

This. I fucking hate pocket passers. Every good QB nowadays can run. You’re fucked if they can’t at least move around and pick up a couple first downs by buying time or running it.
    Agree. I will take Murray, Watson and Jackson over the Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Payton Mannings any day.

Obviously you didn't get the sarcasm.
    TDDR again
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

Did you really just make that fucking apples to apples comparison?
  • Options

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

Watson - 1 title and another title game appearance. Argument over. This is college football dipshit. Kyler Murray was twice as good as Tom Brady was in college. Manning was good, but still. No natties and they won one the year after he left with Tee Martin.

Pocket passers are a dying breed and any coach worth a shit knows to avoid them.
    This isn't true. The position will always be defined by who can throw from the pocket. That will never change. All these new flavor of the month QB's like Jackson, Watson and Murray aren't the future of the position. Give me the QB who plays from the neck up rather than the neck down.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

Watson - 1 title and another title game appearance. Argument over. This is college football dipshit. Kyler Murray was twice as good as Tom Brady was in college. Manning was good, but still. No natties and they won one the year after he left with Tee Martin.

Pocket passers are a dying breed and any coach worth a shit knows to avoid them.
    This isn't true. The position will always be defined by who can throw from the pocket. That will never change. All these new flavor of the month QB's like Jackson, Watson and Murray aren't the future of the position. Give me the QB who plays from the neck up rather than the neck down.
    Mahomes drops dimes but his ability to run and scramble helps a lot. This isn’t even an argument. The best college QB’s in recent years have been a threat with their legs.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

"Give me the QB who plays from the neck up rather than the neck down," they can do both. Listen to Deshaun Watson's several postgame press conferences where he breaks down exactly what he was seeing on the field.

https://youtu.be/z0CfMDd9-IE

I'm curious why multiple times you picked Watson, Murray, and Jackson as your "flavor of the month" guys, but Mahomes, who's playing this Sunday, and Russell Wilson, who already has a title, weren't in the same category. Both guys will pick you apart from the pocket AND are electric outside of it. There was even a (false) narrative for the first 3 or 4 years of his career that Russ wasn't effective in the pocket but he still won. The point is it's not an either/or anymore. It's not 2004, and Michael Vick isn't lining up under center in the I-Formation all game long. The game done changed; these guys can do both at a high level.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and "Payton Manning" are your guys? Fair enough, they're all ballers. Would they all be better if they could also run? Obviously yes. That's where the game's been heading, and it's already there. My hunch is that your guys are your guys because they don't wear a couple fat, diamond studded, gold chains over a Givenchy t-shirt after games. You're telling on yourself. Be better.

Put simply, as a defensive coordinator, would you rather have to account for 5 guys or 6 guys on every single play?
    A shame I can only chin this once. Bravo.
  • Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

"Give me the QB who plays from the neck up rather than the neck down," they can do both. Listen to Deshaun Watson's several postgame press conferences where he breaks down exactly what he was seeing on the field.

I'm curious why multiple times you picked Watson, Murray, and Jackson as your "flavor of the month" guys, but Mahomes, who's playing this Sunday, and Russell Wilson, who already has a title, weren't in the same category. Both guys will pick you apart from the pocket AND are electric outside of it. There was even a (false) narrative for the first 3 or 4 years of his career that Russ wasn't effective in the pocket but he still won. The point is it's not an either/or anymore. It's not 2004, and Michael Vick isn't lining up under center in the I-Formation all game long. The game done changed; these guys can do both at a high level.

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and "Payton Manning" are your guys? Fair enough, they're all ballers. Would they all be better if they could also run? Obviously yes. That's where the game's been heading, and it's already there. My hunch is that your guys are your guys because they don't wear a couple fat, diamond studded, gold chains over a Givenchy t-shirt after games. You're telling on yourself. Be better.

Put simply, as a defensive coordinator, would you rather have to account for 5 guys or 6 guys on every single play?
    Even his avatar is an old racist trope. Thankfully for him, racism is accepted here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

Even his avatar is an old racist trope. Thankfully for him, racism is accepted here.
    Borderline accepted here

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    So Ethan jumps up the ranks like crazy. Is this now the opportune time to fake an illness or death in the family and transfer to Bama?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

So Ethan jumps up the ranks like crazy. Is this now the opportune time to fake an illness or death in the family and transfer to Bama?

He jumped big on Rivals too.
  • Options

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

Wilson and Mahomes play from the pocket dumb fuck. They are in a different category form those other guys. The guys I listed are chaos QB's. They lead the league in sacks taken and rely more on their legs. That isn't how you play QB. It's nice to see you pull out the race card why you think I don't like them but given your avatar pic you are used to playing the victim. Be better you stupid cunt.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    5 QBs went in the first round of the 2018 draft: Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson.

If you rank them by success, it’ll be the exact inversion of which guys best fit in the mold of a traditional pocket passer. The game is evolving
  • Options

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

Wilson and Mahomes play from the pocket dumb fuck. They are in a different category form those other guys. The guys I listed are chaos QB's. They lead the league in sacks taken and rely more on their legs. That isn't how you play QB. It's nice to see you pull out the race card why you think I don't like them but given your avatar pic you are used to playing the victim. Be better you stupid cunt.
    Nobody wants a QB that can’t throw. Saying you’ll take Tom Brady or Peyton Manning over Watson or Jackson as a college player was retarded. Own it.
    Own what? Why don't you go back to the other thread and convince yourself that Oregon St. had a good offense this past year.
  • Options

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

Nobody wants a QB that can’t throw. Saying you’ll take Tom Brady or Peyton Manning over Watson or Jackson as a college player was retarded. Own it.
    Own what? Why don't you go back to the other thread and convince yourself that Oregon St. had a good offense this past year.
    I don’t give a fuck about Oregon State and they were a good offense against everyone but UW. Terrible defense tho. I don’t even really know who you are, but have you always been this dumb?
    You are right my bad. Oregon St. had a good offense this year. They scored 7 against Utah and 10 against Oregon. They lit it up this year. They ran the same bull shit we ran. So I am dumb for preferring QB's that throw from the pocket? Cool.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

Canadawg said:

I don’t give a fuck about Oregon State and they were a good offense against everyone but UW. Terrible defense tho. I don’t even really know who you are, but have you always been this dumb?
    You are right my bad. Oregon St. had a good offense this year. They scored 7 against Utah and 10 against Oregon. They lit it up this year. They ran the same bull shit we ran. So I am dumb for preferring QB's that throw from the pocket? Cool.
    I think they are saying you are a racist because you prefer qbs that throw from the pocket. Let's stay on target here dammit.