Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ethan Garbers, 2020 4* QB, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

SeoulDawg said:

Beno4Life said:

So he's still recruiting for us. Which portends well, me think.
    See that photo top right. The croots know what's good. Hes the new leader and that's fucking period dot. The players on the team will figure that out in the spring when he's WR1.
    Puka actually does have All American potential. Complete game. Big, strong, fast, max effort all the time.
    Ball skills
    The thing I really care about with WR’s now is YAC. Who has the ability to high point the ball and keep their balance and actually run after catching those passes. Speed gets so much hype and it’s important, but big plays often come from breaking tackles.

Puka has a TD against Oregon on a somewhat ugly play where there were two guys around him. He caught it, didn’t go down and was off to the races. Everyone wants tall WR’s but most tall guys can’t do that. For every Dwayne Jarrett, there are 10 Bamrayden Lenius and Ty Jones types.
    I also value YAC as a necessary component of a good WR's game. Guys who can take a short slant or screen and consistently add a few yards with their legs will move the chains for you a fuck ton more than someone like Fuller or Baccellia. They also have a way better chance of scoring from deep than someone who has to get open deep, hope the QB has time, and needs an accurate throw from 40+ yards away.
    There are only so many John Ross types that can routinely blow the top off a defense. I love our WR’s this year because of their YAC ability. I think Raccanelli will be great because of it. We need a big, tough WR that breaks tackles.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,215
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I actually think hes gonna be really good. Hes a fucking winner. It will be fun screaming for Lake to start him once Huard has his first shitty game. Then it will be fun watching him shred us after he transfers to Cal.

Will Huard start day 1 though? My boy Goebbels is looking real good.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I actually think hes gonna be really good. Hes a fucking winner. It will be fun screaming for Lake to start him once Huard has his first shitty game. Then it will be fun watching him shred us after he transfers to Cal.

We're gonna have some weird goings on at the qb position over the next few years, especially if Eason leaves. If that happens, theres a 5% chance Sirmon becomes the starter. Morris likely wins the job. Gargles has a shot too. Then Huard comes in as the #1 an in the cuntry and if the incumbent had a good season, is Huard content to sit for 2-3 years before he plays? It's a good problem to have but it could also be catastrophic.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Is this the actual state championship game or do they still have like 7 rounds to go?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Is this the actual state championship game or do they still have like 7 rounds to go?

Neither.

Pretty sure it's the last game. Nothing especially close to a real state championship though.

Blackeye for @CirrhosisDawg, IMO.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

dnc said:

SeoulDawg said:

Beno4Life said:

See that photo top right. The croots know what's good. Hes the new leader and that's fucking period dot. The players on the team will figure that out in the spring when he's WR1.
    Puka actually does have All American potential. Complete game. Big, strong, fast, max effort all the time.
    Ball skills
    The thing I really care about with WR’s now is YAC. Who has the ability to high point the ball and keep their balance and actually run after catching those passes. Speed gets so much hype and it’s important, but big plays often come from breaking tackles.

Puka has a TD against Oregon on a somewhat ugly play where there were two guys around him. He caught it, didn’t go down and was off to the races. Everyone wants tall WR’s but most tall guys can’t do that. For every Dwayne Jarrett, there are 10 Bamrayden Lenius and Ty Jones types.
    I also value YAC as a necessary component of a good WR's game. Guys who can take a short slant or screen and consistently add a few yards with their legs will move the chains for you a fuck ton more than someone like Fuller or Baccellia. They also have a way better chance of scoring from deep than someone who has to get open deep, hope the QB has time, and needs an accurate throw from 40+ yards away.
    There are only so many John Ross types that can routinely blow the top off a defense. I love our WR’s this year because of their YAC ability. I think Raccanelli will be great because of it. We need a big, tough WR that breaks tackles.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    His team won one of the California state championships. He threw for 255 and 4 TDs and ran for 140 yards and another TD. Redman had like 100 yards receiving
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019
    dnc said:

SeoulDawg said:

Beno4Life said:

Ball skills
    Several posters here should be on the team then
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I won’t be surprised if he starts at some point next year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We're gonna have some weird goings on at the qb position over the next few years, especially if Eason leaves. If that happens, theres a 5% chance Sirmon becomes the starter. Morris likely wins the job. Gargles has a shot too. Then Huard comes in as the #1 an in the cuntry and if the incumbent had a good season, is Huard content to sit for 2-3 years before he plays? It's a good problem to have but it could also be catastrophic.
    If Garbers starts and does well next year, things will get interesting.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks pretty good. We? should sign him.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,083
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Submitting my vein laced crystal dong to UW.