Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Reminds me of Perris Campbell from Ohio Stats, love this guy.

Parris Campbell was 5’11 7/8 at the combine. Rome Odunze is 6’3.
    True but just watching Rome’s Hudl I saw similarities in just being really strong guys who ran extremely well and could get vertical. Strong hands. Might’ve been a different Ohio State receiver tbh
    Ohio State's never had a good receiver, so you're probably thinking of somebody else.
    you didn't think Ted Ginn & Tonic was good?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Meek said:

True but just watching Rome’s Hudl I saw similarities in just being really strong guys who ran extremely well and could get vertical. Strong hands. Might’ve been a different Ohio State receiver tbh
    Ohio State's never had a good receiver, so you're probably thinking of somebody else.
    you didn't think Ted Ginn & Tonic was good?

got it.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@ballz do you have an opinion on this matter?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

All I know is Ohio State sucks at developing WR's. Their WR's leave the same as they came in. The ones who were going to the NFL no matter what school they chose, go to the NFL. The ones that were highly rated but needed to be developed, don't make it. When you recruit at a top-5 level, you're gonna have top draft picks at every position no matter what. Doesn't mean good development is going on at every position. They have a lot of 4-star flame outs at WR.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

So Odunze is visiting Oklahoma (who only recently got in on his recruiting) right before he commits and we should believe he's committing to us, James Smith is visiting UW (who only recently got in on his recruiting) right before he commits and we should also believe he's committing to us.

I'm not saying we won't get both, I think we do, but the logic isn't sound.

Yes it is.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

"Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman four-star receiver Rome Odunze will visit Oklahoma on July 27, one of the headliners for what will be a big recruiting weekend in Norman.

Alabama, Texas and Stanford are a few other programs that touted pass catcher also wants to check out in the near future.

Holding over 33 offers, the 6-foot-2 1/2, 200-pound Odunze has had an opportunity to visit many of the programs that have extended an offer. This will be his first time seeing the schools mentioned.

Washington, Miami and Penn State are a few of the programs that have made an impression on Odunze to date."

Tuff competition for this kid. He's elite. Everybody that's not already full at WR wants him.

Anyone still think we didn’t cool on Wilson? Rome is the target.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

All I know is Ohio State sucks at developing WR's. Their WR's leave the same as they came in. The ones who were going to the NFL no matter what school they chose, go to the NFL. The ones that were highly rated but needed to be developed, don't make it. When you recruit at a top-5 level, you're gonna have top draft picks at every position no matter what. Doesn't mean good development is going on at every position. They have a lot of 4-star flame outs at WR.
    No they don’t. Just because every 4 star doesn’t become a high draft pick doesn’t mean they don’t develop WR’s.
    They have a bunch of 4-star WR recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level they do they can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at WR and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed WR's well those other 4-star WR recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    They also got rid of Zach Smith. The whole x-school can't produce x-position narratives are so dumb and pointless when coaches change every other year.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

No they don’t. Just because every 4 star doesn’t become a high draft pick doesn’t mean they don’t develop WR’s.
    They have a bunch of 4-star WR recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level they do they can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at WR and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed WR's well those other 4-star WR recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
    75-80% of 4-star recruits go undrafted.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Washington has a bunch of 4-star DB recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level Jimmy Lake does you can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at DB and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed DB's well those other 4-star DB recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds, guys like Jermaine Kelly, Naijiel Hale, Austin Joyner, or Isaiah Gilchrist. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
  • Options

Due to poor talent evaluations and player development. Is that an excuse for Ohio State? You're just full of excuses and defenses for them aren't you.
  • Options
    It's like Dom Hampton becoming a first round pick but then Kyler Gordon and Julius Irvin go undrafted. That wouldn't be good player development. That's what Ohio State WR development is like.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Due to poor talent evaluations and player development. Is that an excuse for Ohio State? You're just full of excuses and defenses for them aren't you.
    There are more 4/5 star recruits per year than there are players drafted by the NFL.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

Washington has a bunch of 4-star DB recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level Jimmy Lake does you can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at DB and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed DB's well those other 4-star DB recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds, guys like Jermaine Kelly, Naijiel Hale, Austin Joyner, or Isaiah Gilchrist. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
    We don't have a bunch you idiot. Kelly was a Sark recruit. Joyner retired. Hale got kicked off the team. Gilchrist is probably the only one. You're reaching hard as fuck. I'm right. You're wrong, get over it bitch. Ohio State just passes a couple WR's through to the pros here and there and then the rest of their elite WR recruits don't make it. They are not known for being WRU or anything like that when they get some of the best WR talent in the country every year.
  • Options

There are more 4/5 star recruits per year than there are players drafted by the NFL.
    Yeah no shit, because 3-star guys get drafted too. More excuses.