Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

McMillan and Rome are probably my favorite pairing. Assuming nothing can be done to mend the relationship with Gee, Bryant is probably #3. His Hudl is a little hard to watch with it being sped up.

Loya will probably be a decent college WR because he’s such a good route runner, but I’m not looking for the next Welker.

I'd fucking take a welker clone!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,491
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

dawgs206 said:

McMillan and Rome are probably my favorite pairing. Assuming nothing can be done to mend the relationship with Gee, Bryant is probably #3. His Hudl is a little hard to watch with it being sped up.

Loya will probably be a decent college WR because he’s such a good route runner, but I’m not looking for the next Welker.

Fuck yes. Wasn't he the punt return for TD leader until Dante took that title?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

animate said:

dawgs206 said:

Fuck yes. Wasn't he the punt return for TD leader until Dante took that title?
    He was tied with Antonio Perkins (who?) from Oklahoma
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791

NEsnake12 said:

His hudl is insane.

Jalen and Rome are the same person

Disagree. Though Rome is a freak athlete, Jalen's route running is light years ahead of Rome's at this stage. But that's definitely something that can be coached up at the college level, especially with Rome's elite measurables
    Strong disagree. Rome’s doing it against the best kids in the country. Literally every play is a touchdown. They are the same level.

They are both fucking amazing. So elite.
    Just because he’s scoring doesn’t mean he knows how to run routes efficiently. He’s an absolute burner with the ball in his hands, rare open field speed. But at the same time he gets away with sloppy, rounded out routes on everything but screen passes. That’s fine in high school, but if he comes to UW then Jimmy Lake’s DBs are going to eat him up during his first few months of practice until he tunes up that route running.

Jalen McMillan, like Puka, is already a polished and elite route runner and would play a lot as a true freshman. Rome would need a year
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    animate said:

dawgs206 said:

Didn't mean it like that. His routes are impressive, but he's a 5'11" 185 lb WR that isn't very fast. We already have enough WRs like that on the roster so I'll take a chance on a guy that has a higher ceiling over a guy that probably has a decent floor, but his chances of being elite are pretty low.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    dawgs206 said:

animate said:

dawgs206 said:

Didn't mean it like that. His routes are impressive, but he's a 5'11" 185 lb WR that isn't very fast. We already have enough WRs like that on the roster so I'll take a chance on a guy that has a higher ceiling over a guy that probably has a decent floor, but his chances of being elite are pretty low.
    ESPECIALLY when your coach and coaching staff are known for maximizing ceilings.
  • Options

Hmm interesting to see Rome follow me 🧐

Followed @LaMichael_Corleone too

Don't fuck this up
    Sam follows me too
    DOOMED

• Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Seems like there could be a little twitter beef between Gee Sr. and Odunze's dad brewing. Can't wait to see if that escalates.
  • Options
    RealRhino said:

Seems like there could be a little twitter beef between Gee Sr. and Odunze's dad brewing. Can't wait to see if that escalates.

Really?

We live in crazy times
  • Options
    RealRhino said:

Spoonfeed?
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Spoonfeed?
    Beef probably too strong. EC and BG both at same 7v7 tournament. Gee Sr posted a clip of Jr. making a 1-handed contested grab in a drill. “There’s geescottjr again...”

James Odunze, who looks like Rome’s dad or older brother? responded something like “I’m not about tweets but in fairness, nobody could stop Rome odunze” and posted a clip of Rome badly beating a CB for a long completion in a drill.

BG won the tournament I believe.

I think Rome is better. Neither is a technician, both are big, Rome is faster.
    Jr. is the one escalating. The guy he was responding to didn't mention Rome, only that he thought Jr. might get called for PI in the clip Sr. posted if he made the same push-off in college.

• Options

RealRhino said:

dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Spoonfeed?
    Beef probably too strong. EC and BG both at same 7v7 tournament. Gee Sr posted a clip of Jr. making a 1-handed contested grab in a drill. “There’s geescottjr again...”

James Odunze, who looks like Rome’s dad or older brother? responded something like “I’m not about tweets but in fairness, nobody could stop Rome odunze” and posted a clip of Rome badly beating a CB for a long completion in a drill.

Jr. is the one escalating. The guy he was responding to didn't mention Rome, only that he thought Jr. might get called for PI in the clip Sr. posted if he made the same push-off in college.

Jr is showing his immaturity. Not a surprise given his age and situation but still ... Good luck at Ohio State
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

RealRhino said:

dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Spoonfeed?

Funnily enough, Jr. does appear to be correct that the account saying he'd get called for PI is an Odunze shill/alt tho. Every single post is hyping Rome, with a few hyping Rome to UW.

• Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Jr and Sr are both thin skinned bitches
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Which account are you suggesting is an Odunze alt? VIO? It ain't Husky Pride, because I know who that is, has nothing to do with Odunze.