Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    dawgs206 said:

AlCzervik said:

Reminds me of Perris Campbell from Ohio Stats, love this guy.

Parris Campbell was 5’11 7/8 at the combine. Rome Odunze is 6’3.
    True but just watching Rome’s Hudl I saw similarities in just being really strong guys who ran extremely well and could get vertical. Strong hands. Might’ve been a different Ohio State receiver tbh
    Ohio State's never had a good receiver, so you're probably thinking of somebody else.

True but just watching Rome’s Hudl I saw similarities in just being really strong guys who ran extremely well and could get vertical. Strong hands. Might’ve been a different Ohio State receiver tbh
    Ohio State's never had a good receiver, so you're probably thinking of somebody else.
    @ballz do you have an opinion on this matter?
    All I know is Ohio State sucks at developing WR's. Their WR's leave the same as they came in. The ones who were going to the NFL no matter what school they chose, go to the NFL. The ones that were highly rated but needed to be developed, don't make it. When you recruit at a top-5 level, you're gonna have top draft picks at every position no matter what. Doesn't mean good development is going on at every position. They have a lot of 4-star flame outs at WR.
    No they don’t. Just because every 4 star doesn’t become a high draft pick doesn’t mean they don’t develop WR’s.
    They have a bunch of 4-star WR recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level they do they can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at WR and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed WR's well those other 4-star WR recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
    Would you please shut the fuck up.
    No I'll keep fucking going. People want to start some dumb shit, I'll finish it.
    https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/2019-nfl-draft-news-and-notes/

"A pair of Buckeye wide receivers – Parris Campbell (second round to Indianapolis) and Terry McLaurin (third round to Washington) went off the board early on Friday. Their selections give Ohio State 19 wide receivers drafted since 2000, the most of any school."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23316209/college-programs-most-nfl-draft-picks-last-10-years
    -Cliff notes - Tied for most WR's taken the past 10 years (article from 4/26/18 - they have had two more since then).

It is good to admit you are wrong sometimes. Try it.
    Any school would do that with 5-star after 5-star WR recruits. What about all the others that didn't get drafted? What's their draft rate out of their 4 and 5 star receivers the past 10 years? That's great recruiting, NOT developing. There's a difference. Are you done? Or do you want to keep going?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

All I know is Ohio State sucks at developing WR's. Their WR's leave the same as they came in. The ones who were going to the NFL no matter what school they chose, go to the NFL. The ones that were highly rated but needed to be developed, don't make it. When you recruit at a top-5 level, you're gonna have top draft picks at every position no matter what. Doesn't mean good development is going on at every position. They have a lot of 4-star flame outs at WR.
    You just managed to move the goalposts halfway down the field and still be wrong.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Michael-Thomas-7042/RecruitInterests/
    Same class as Kasen Williams.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Wow you are on your game today, ballz
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So we've gone from OSU can't develop WRs and all their WRs in the NFL suck

to

OSU isn't WRU.

The AIDS lost this time.

And then all research points to tOSU actually being WRU. Truly astounding AIDS work by ballz in a resume full of AIDS takes.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Doogles said:

dawgs206 said:

AlCzervik said:

No they don’t. Just because every 4 star doesn’t become a high draft pick doesn’t mean they don’t develop WR’s.
    They have a bunch of 4-star WR recruits that have gone undrafted. Like I said, when you recruit at the level they do they can just sit back and let the cream rise to the top at WR and don't have to develop the other guys which they don't. Whoever rises to the top will be a star and would have been no matter where they went. If they developed WR's well those other 4-star WR recruits that don't become the big stars and 1st round picks should still be getting drafted in the later rounds. Not going undrafted. That's not great development. That's great recruiting.
    Would you please shut the fuck up.
    No I'll keep fucking going. People want to start some dumb shit, I'll finish it.
    https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/2019-nfl-draft-news-and-notes/

"A pair of Buckeye wide receivers – Parris Campbell (second round to Indianapolis) and Terry McLaurin (third round to Washington) went off the board early on Friday. Their selections give Ohio State 19 wide receivers drafted since 2000, the most of any school."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23316209/college-programs-most-nfl-draft-picks-last-10-years
    -Cliff notes - Tied for most WR's taken the past 10 years (article from 4/26/18 - they have had two more since then).

It is good to admit you are wrong sometimes. Try it.
    @StrongArmCobra it's game over bro. You lost, it's ok.

We all love Washington and believe that Adams can and will develop NFL WRs and the program has a lot to offer Rome.

But Jesus christ saying tOSU can't develop WR when they have done it better than any other school in the country is a pretty shitty hill to die on.
    We're talking about their current coaching staff. Urban Meyer to now. Count up all the 4 and 5 star WR's they've recruiting in that time span and see how many got drafted. If it's just the national average for 4 and 5 star recruits, that is elite recruiting but mediocre to average development. If you can't do that accurately then you can't prove me wrong. I guarantee it won't be higher than the national average for 4 and 5 star recruits. I don't have to put in the work to prove myself. This is not an argument I started. This is the board seeing an opportunity to "prove ballz wrong" and jumping on it. But none of you have proven me wrong yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

So Rome Unduze.... do we think we get him?

Not if he reads this read and gets infected with UW Bothelitis
    Lol losers always resort to passive aggressive insults. You done yet? You want to keep provoking me? Hmm?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

So Rome Unduze.... do we think we get him?

Not if he reads this read and gets infected with UW Bothelitis
    Lol losers always resort to passive aggressive insults. You done yet? You want to keep provoking me? Hmm?
    I mean I enjoy watching the retard dance so probably not.
    Because you have nothing better to do...
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam