Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The best in the west playing for the best in the West.

Once Rome commits can get lend a hand working on Henry too?!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    animate said:

The best in the west playing for the best in the West.

Once Rome commits can get lend a hand working on Henry too?!

Im actually surprised this talk track is gaining steam. Would be nice if the best in the west best someone, anyone, not from the west, besides Rutgers and Southern Miss...
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DeepDawg said:

doomed

Translation - wait for Biggins and Huffman to drop theirs and Hardcore Husky
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    DHD said:

In a strange twist of fate, I will be on Oklahoma's campus on July 27th ... the same date as his visit.

I'll make sure to wear Husky gear, but if I had some kinda schedule as to what was in store for the campus visit, I might be able to make sure I give him a "go Dawgs".

Any of you have any top secret contacts that can figure out what the schedule is for his OU visit?

Yep. Look for water close to campus. There will be docks by the water. Rome will be arriving by boat from the local fish restaurant. Be waiting with signs, a pie, and a "Go Dawgs".
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I won't get my hopes up just yet. Duck fans thought Rosengarten was theirs and the UW visit was just out of courtesy and we know how that turned out.
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    bigcc said:

DeepDawg said:

"I'm going to Oklahoma on the 27th (of July)," Odunze told Dawgman.com recently. "After that I think I'll be able to sit down with my parents and decide where I'm going to go. I don't want to rush things, but I feel like I've seen a lot and after I visit Oklahoma, I think I'll have the information I need to feel comfortable about my decision."

"I feel I owe them at least that," Odunze said about his trip to Norman. "The coaches there have been great and it's a great program with a great history and they have built a good relationship with me, so that's why I want to visit there and just see what it's all about."

One program who has been a consistent presence at the top of Odunze's list of favorites is Washington and he said he recently spoke to Chris Petersen.

"He just got back in town and he took my call," Odunze said. "We've got a great relationship, me and him and also coach (Junior) Adams, he's been there from the beginning for me.

"I loved my visit up there and how great the program is. They have a great combination of academics and football and the coaches there develop players."

Odunze has also been hearing from some of his friends who are currently committed to the Dawgs.

"Jalen (McMillan) and I talk a little bit and he's definitely been recruiting me a little," Odunze said with a chuckle. "He doesn't put a lot of pressure on me, but he definitely lets me know he wants me to join him.

"They've actually got a lot of recruiting momentum and they've gotten a bunch of great players committed to them already."

Will that play into making his decision?

"That will play a part, sure," Odunze said matter-of-factly. "Everyone wants to play with the best players they can and when you have guys who could have gone anywhere and they choose to go to U-Dub, I mean, that says something about the direction of the program and it definitely has an impact on things. It isn't everything, but it definitely will play a part for me."

Odunze said he hopes to make his decision by the middle of August.

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Football-Recruiting-Rome-Odunze-Talks-Recruiting-As-Decision-Nears-133716784/

I'd just like to reiterate how much of a badass McMillan is, plenty of players would consider decommitting if their team picked up more talent at their position, and he's actively recruiting guys at his spot, and another outside receiver at that.

"I feel like I at least owe them that" doesn't bode well for Oklahoma, and the fact that he's actively calling petersen opposed to just answering calls from coaches, makes it look pretty apparent where he is going to end up
    Same vibe as Sam Adams visiting Tosu before committing to UW.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I won't get my hopes up just yet. Duck fans thought Rosengarten was theirs and the UW visit was just out of courtesy and we know how that turned out.

Yeah but that's quooks, the only fanbase dumber than doogs and cuogs