Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

So 8 of 22 offers have been in Texas ... that’s great and understand the points made

Who have they not offered in 2021 that they should have at this point?

Troy Franklin #1 recruit in California, out of the same HS as Danny Hammer and played with FSP. The Wide Receiver numbers are really weird right now, thanks Brent Pease.

Quinton Somerville the #1 recruit in AZ is a BUCK.

Steven Ortiz #1 CB on west coast, AZ but played at FSP

Jermaine Terry #1 TE in California, family friends with Darrell Daniels

The offers in Texas aren’t the issue, it’s the time allocation. Will Harris recruiting Texas and Georgia (lol in Georgia they see a black dood from LA the same as a white dood) instead of building off LA/USC ties and after having a good relationship with Snoop Dogg’s league to the point he remembers meeting a young JT Tuimoloau. Look how fast we offered, home visited, and visited Sunday compared to Bijan. Look at our time wasted on Jake Majors when I told @Domicillo way back that there was a kid in Colorado named Roger Rosengarten who’s better than Majors let alone isn’t already committed to Texas.

I’m gonna be stoked once we win a big nationally relevant bowl game and we actually start hitting on these Texas kids. I’m happy we’re getting down there. I just want to see us make life a lot easier on ourselves because that’s the whole point of recruiting Texas early is that you assume the closer to home you get the easier the recruiting will be. But that just isn’t reality right now.

1. WA
    2. LA
    3. NorCal/The Bay➡️Fresno
    4. AZ
    5. Texas, Hawaii, Vegas
    Creative interpretation of that convo, but I’ll allow it. Good poast boo!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    vadawg said:

Tequilla said:

vadawg said:

Just watched his film...not overly impressed. He's a very slow twitch guy with little explosion that I could see. It's only 3 1/2 minutes but from what I saw, I can understand why he's not being offered yet.

Normally when I watch film of guys that we are after I see something that makes me go “wow” ... it’s obvious and jumps off the page

With Simon, I definitely don’t see that offensively

Defensively, there’s a little more natural fluidity there but he’s super raw ... he doesn’t seem quick twitch enough to stay at DB compared to the typical player that we recruit.

His best spot is LB in college most likely ... but this would be where I’d challenge people to look at the film and when you watch Simon’s film vs a Calvert, Heimuli, or even Tafisi’s ... all of our recent LBs I can watch the film and absolutely see it. I suspect Simon will get there at some point, but he’s not there right now.

He’s still obviously young and I suspect we want to see his progress either this summer and/or his junior year prior to offering.
    I understand he's young, but he's not going to get more explosive or fast twitch over time...and he's really quite a slow twitch dude. Look at how long it takes him to get up to speed (he sort of lumbers). Plus when playing DB, he shows very little explosion in his hits, or his movement toward the ball carrier. Some of that is youth and not being coached well, but he's still very slow twitch....We'll see.
    If he plays offense I’m thinking TE ... but if you compare his film to Devin Culp’s ... Culp’s seemed to have way more pop

Assuming that he doesn’t grow into being a DL, his biggest problem defensively is what you said regarding being quick twitch, highly reactionary in quick order, and then attacking the read

He clearly has some tools to work with and it wouldn’t shock me if he puts things together at some point

But I can also understand why for football related reasons UW hasn’t offered yet
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

So 8 of 22 offers have been in Texas ... that’s great and understand the points made

Troy Franklin #1 recruit in California, out of the same HS as Danny Hammer and played with FSP. The Wide Receiver numbers are really weird right now, thanks Brent Pease.

The offers in Texas aren’t the issue, it’s the time allocation. Will Harris recruiting Texas and Georgia (lol in Georgia they see a black dood from LA the same as a white dood) instead of building off LA/USC ties and after having a good relationship with Snoop Dogg’s league to the point he remembers meeting a young JT Tuimoloau. Look how fast we offered, home visited, and visited Sunday compared to Bijan. Look at our time wasted on Jake Majors when I told @Domicillo way back that there was a kid in Colorado named Roger Rosengarten who’s better than Majors let alone isn’t already committed to Texas.

I’m gonna be stoked once we win a big nationally relevant bowl game and we actually start hitting on these Texas kids. I’m happy we’re getting down there. I just want to see us make life a lot easier on ourselves because that’s the whole point of recruiting Texas early is that you assume the closer to home you get the easier the recruiting will be. But that just isn’t reality right now.

1. WA
    2. LA
    4. AZ
    5. Texas, Hawaii, Vegas
    I agree with this entire post. Let's make some black and red babies. NOW.

Ya feel me?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Sunday is an example of where we can be successful in Texas

There’s an extreme bias in Texas HS that the players play 6A and to a lesser degree 5A ... guys in 4A like Sunday tend to be overlooked

4A in Texas is still a fairly large school and from a size standpoint it’s probably comparable to 2A or 3A in Washington

On top of that, coming from an area like Waco, you’re going to be looking at a higher end of 4A as well.

It makes sense to say that 4A in Texas is equivalent to a more competitive classification in Washington based on level of play.

But these are pretty small schools. 505-1149 student floor/ceiling 9-12 enrollment for 4A. And there are only 182 schools in that classification compared to 252 each in 5A and 6A. How much talent is there really to pick through for hidden gems?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

1. WA
    2. LA
    4. AZ
    5. Texas, Hawaii, Vegas

Ya feel me?
    There is a citrus joke in there
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

vadawg said:

Tequilla said:

vadawg said:

Just watched his film...not overly impressed. He's a very slow twitch guy with little explosion that I could see. It's only 3 1/2 minutes but from what I saw, I can understand why he's not being offered yet.

Normally when I watch film of guys that we are after I see something that makes me go “wow” ... it’s obvious and jumps off the page

With Simon, I definitely don’t see that offensively

Defensively, there’s a little more natural fluidity there but he’s super raw ... he doesn’t seem quick twitch enough to stay at DB compared to the typical player that we recruit.

His best spot is LB in college most likely ... but this would be where I’d challenge people to look at the film and when you watch Simon’s film vs a Calvert, Heimuli, or even Tafisi’s ... all of our recent LBs I can watch the film and absolutely see it. I suspect Simon will get there at some point, but he’s not there right now.

He’s still obviously young and I suspect we want to see his progress either this summer and/or his junior year prior to offering.
    I understand he's young, but he's not going to get more explosive or fast twitch over time...and he's really quite a slow twitch dude. Look at how long it takes him to get up to speed (he sort of lumbers). Plus when playing DB, he shows very little explosion in his hits, or his movement toward the ball carrier. Some of that is youth and not being coached well, but he's still very slow twitch....We'll see.
    If he plays offense I’m thinking TE ... but if you compare his film to Devin Culp’s ... Culp’s seemed to have way more pop

Assuming that he doesn’t grow into being a DL, his biggest problem defensively is what you said regarding being quick twitch, highly reactionary in quick order, and then attacking the read

He clearly has some tools to work with and it wouldn’t shock me if he puts things together at some point

But I can also understand why for football related reasons UW hasn’t offered yet
    He's not tall enough for TE but I was thinking the same....still too slow though. Great hands for the position.

Unless he gains 50-70lbs, DL isn't going to cut it...his first step is way too slow to be elite...or even All Pac 12.

I'd love to see him in person. Be interested to see his Jr film. But honestly, I'm really wondering what the coaches see in the kid?
  • Options

Tequilla said:

There’s an extreme bias in Texas HS that the players play 6A and to a lesser degree 5A ... guys in 4A like Sunday tend to be overlooked

4A in Texas is still a fairly large school and from a size standpoint it’s probably comparable to 2A or 3A in Washington

On top of that, coming from an area like Waco, you’re going to be looking at a higher end of 4A as well.

It makes sense to say that 4A in Texas is equivalent to a more competitive classification in Washington based on level of play.

But these are pretty small schools. 505-1149 student floor/ceiling 9-12 enrollment for 4A. And there are only 182 schools in that classification compared to 252 each in 5A and 6A. How much talent is there really to pick through for hidden gems?
    More than you would think ... a lot more
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

1. WA
    2. LA
    4. AZ
    5. Texas, Hawaii, Vegas

Ya feel me?
    I got you. Ride or die with neapolitan.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

That's a lot. Especially at positions we have to go outside of wa or,the region for. You should be able to find outside lbs in there
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    RDR said:

Washington hasn't offered Simon yet but he's been in steady communication with the Huskies.

"I talked to Coach (Bob) Gregory and I just talked to him last week, and he said they're so far in the process with offering me, that they just need one more thing to look at. I'll be at the Rise Showcase at PLU (on June 15), and he said they want to see me tackle guys in space. That's all that's left and we’ll see what happens then."
    Holy Fuck I’m a man, I’m 48! That MFer looks older then me! Offer him
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Translation: Offering at LB and we want to make sure that that’s a good fit

Complain as to the why we do what we do ... but we’re clearly in contact
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019
    RDR said:

Washington hasn't offered Simon yet but he's been in steady communication with the Huskies.

"I talked to Coach (Bob) Gregory and I just talked to him last week, and he said they're so far in the process with offering me, that they've been so busy in Texas they haven’t had time to get to Tacoma yet and they just need one more thing to look at. I'll be at the Rise Showcase at PLU (on June 15), and he said, if they’re in town, they want to see me tackle guys in space. That's all that's left and we’ll see what happens then."
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Goddamn. Simon looks older than Bruce Smith there

The dude just finished his soph yeah
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Damn, is his hair already thining
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,167
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment