Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

UCLA’s academic standards are higher than UDUB’s for athletes and Chip is also selective with his offers. There goes that theory of Pete needs to see his grades go up. How many people are tired of saying “I love Pete, but man....”

So you saying pete might be a racist?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FirePete said:

UCLA’s academic standards are higher than UDUB’s for athletes and Chip is also selective with his offers. There goes that theory of Pete needs to see his grades go up. How many people are tired of saying “I love Pete, but man....”

He hasn’t offered Levi Rogers, Carson Bruener or either Latu brother either.

Pete’s racist against Washingtonians.
    Not everyone paid enough attention in English class to infer sarcasm from writing I guess.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FirePete said:

this.
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    RealRhino said:

Who’s simon’s primary recruiter? Gregory??? If it’s gregory we’re fucked lol. Let’s offer all these Texas and Utah kids before the hometown talent... but doogs still wonder why uw still has a perception problem. You think Gregory can talk to a black kid from Tacoma and explain to him why all these kids in Texas and utah are getting offered before him? Also Gregory is not getting herbig from Hawaii either... I have zero faith in him getting anybody good.

What is it going to take for Pete to change? If fozzy, alijah Vera tucker, botelho, or smalls or any other big time recruit we got in early with but lost doesn’t I don’t think he’ll ever adapt.

Pete is one stubborn son of a gun and will go down trying this his way. It’s just so frustrating that he is so rigid and always slow to react rather than being proactive. I love Pete but he’s going to go down swinging his way. There’s a line I remember him says when he took over for sark when changing the culture and how uw needs to practice. I’m paraphrasing but he said something along the lines “we don’t know how to do it the old (sark) way; we only know how to do it our way”. Doesn’t matter the recruit... just like Pete’s shitty fucking offense he’s going to go do it his way or die trying.

Btw typing my rant while taking a walk for perspective on how shitty our offseason has been.... no botelho, jaden mcdaniels, savell smalls or anything type of excitement or hope. FUCK being a UW fan! This is why we never get anything good.
    Sounds like you're having trouble handling the ups and downs of recruiting. Maybe you need to take a walk for some perspective. ;-)

"Anything good?" Two conference championships in three years? Rose Bowl ring a bell? We haven't climbed the mountain yet, but we're at base camp and looking pretty good. But yeah, Pete only knows his way and he believes in it. I'll go with that. You win enough and those guys who are just slipping beyond the event horizon now will get sucked in down the road.

And I think there might be something to this Texas strategy. I know DDY thinks it's a waste of time, but I think Pete is looking long term and seeing that we cannot sustain a championship team long-term by securing Washington and poaching California alone. Not with the big athletes we need on the lines.
    That would make sense if he actually locked down Washington and California.

Is it worth the time to recruit Texas when you only get a handful of guys from that state that contribute to the team? Can only think of Levi who’s a beast and fuller who actually do anything.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Not everyone paid enough attention in English class to infer sarcasm from writing I guess.
    It's hard to decipher between your trademarked shit posting and sarcasm
    0/2
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

I don't know if we need a different recruiting coordinator rather than a new marketing coordinator. Think DDY and others are right on this one. In my mind's eye, what I think we are is not what is being portrayed, and what I think we are is better. That's a problem.

Here's the message I get from our marketing/social media: Methodical. Businesslike. Grind. Work Hard. Stately. Beautiful setting. Successful. Refinement.

Now, some of that is good. It's fine. But it doesn't get me excited. What would is: Tough. Successful. Fun. Majestic. Physical. Fast. Rich. We need whoever directed the Miami Vice intro in the 1980s to put together our marketing so our social media campaign shows guys flying around hitting people, scoring touchdowns, lifting trophies, dancing in the locker room and getting drafted. Not grinding. Not refining.

We have been recruiting the lines pretty well. It's the black kids we can't recruit that are the problem. I thought everyone here by now understood that.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

I don't know if we need a different recruiting coordinator rather than a new marketing coordinator. Think DDY and others are right on this one. In my mind's eye, what I think we are is not what is being portrayed, and what I think we are is better. That's a problem.

Here's the message I get from our marketing/social media: Methodical. Businesslike. Grind. Work Hard. Stately. Beautiful setting. Successful. Refinement.

Now, some of that is good. It's fine. But it doesn't get me excited. What would is: Tough. Successful. Fun. Majestic. Physical. Fast. Rich. We need whoever directed the Miami Vice intro in the 1980s to put together our marketing so our social media campaign shows guys flying around hitting people, scoring touchdowns, lifting trophies, dancing in the locker room and getting drafted. Not grinding. Not refining.

We have been recruiting the lines pretty well. It's the black kids we can't recruit that are the problem. I thought everyone here by now understood that.
    I don't think you can succeed at the highest level going all Poly and white on the lines. And remember, we are also talking about fast-twitch OLB types, not just DTs.

For reference, I looked at CA recruits at OL and DL that appeared to my untrained eye to be likely to have two AA parents. Highest-ranked guy even possible was Jadan Navarette, who I've seen listed at TE, but could be DE. AT #231 composite. Next guy: Ricky Correia, #437. Then Jordan Berry, #529.

Looked at Texas. African or African-American OL/DL at #70, 116, 208, 212, 218, 223, 227, 250, 288, 344, 426, 427, etc. You get the idea. So yeah, it hasn't done much for us yet. But let's say we get a Fuller and a Levi and maybe one or two low-level guys there this year. And two years from now there is another guy at those high schools, and we've got a better in. And frankly, with Pete's development program we'd probably be okay just getting TCU level guys like LJ Collier and Ben Banogu, both black players drafted on Day TWO at the OLB/DE spot this year. Have to think that's the long-term strategy. If it makes us ignore likely targets in CA and the West, I agree, drop it. But if we can do both, do both.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    When’s the last time UW got a 5-star out of (anywhere) Seattle?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

Shaq. All hail Tosh
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Shaq. All hail Tosh
    It’s hilarious how low the standard of social skills are so low in recruiting circles that Tosh Fucking Lupoi is as charismatic as a cult leader and gets kids to like him.

(Obviously, BAGZ Big errbody got BAGZ)
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2019

Who’s simon’s primary recruiter? Gregory??? If it’s gregory we’re fucked lol. Let’s offer all these Texas and Utah kids before the hometown talent... but doogs still wonder why uw still has a perception problem. You think Gregory can talk to a black kid from Tacoma and explain to him why all these kids in Texas and utah are getting offered before him? Also Gregory is not getting herbig from Hawaii either... I have zero faith in him getting anybody good.

What is it going to take for Pete to change? If fozzy, alijah Vera tucker, botelho, or smalls or any other big time recruit we got in early with but lost doesn’t I don’t think he’ll ever adapt.

Pete is one stubborn son of a gun and will go down trying this his way. It’s just so frustrating that he is so rigid and always slow to react rather than being proactive. I love Pete but he’s going to go down swinging his way. There’s a line I remember him says when he took over for sark when changing the culture and how uw needs to practice. I’m paraphrasing but he said something along the lines “we don’t know how to do it the old (sark) way; we only know how to do it our way”. Doesn’t matter the recruit... just like Pete’s shitty fucking offense he’s going to go do it his way or die trying.

Btw typing my rant while taking a walk for perspective on how shitty our offseason has been.... no botelho, jaden mcdaniels, savell smalls or anything type of excitement or hope. FUCK being a UW fan! This is why we never get anything good.
    How the fuck did you get into my diary and why the fuck would you put that on the internet man I thought we were cool.